LaptopVideo2Go Forums

v258.96 Windows 7/Vista 64bit | NVIDIA Desktop and Mobile OEM

mobilenvidia

DEV_0652&SUBSYS_02001025 card why don't supported??? I uses the 187.45 driver for my hybrid Aspire 5935G notebook with GT130M graphic card a very long time. :)

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• zipper

• HeXo

• mobilenvidia

• Chiz

Guest Altair4

Anyone else experienced an issue where the screen randomly turns off during gaming? I think it's a temperature problem - my GPU regularly goes up to the 80s Celsius, but the stock driver doesn't have this issue... I'm using a Gateway P7811 FX laptop.

Can I fix this by changing some value in the INF or something? Any help is appreciated, thanks.

Guest roger561

Anyone else experienced an issue where the screen randomly turns off during gaming? I think it's a temperature problem - my GPU regularly goes up to the 80s Celsius, but the stock driver doesn't have this issue... I'm using a Gateway P7811 FX laptop.

Can I fix this by changing some value in the INF or something? Any help is appreciated, thanks.

Hi Altair4 i have the same problem in Gateway P172S FX , my screen turn off during gaming AND in Windows Desktop or Google Chrome use or another software randomly, I think if we remove the video driver, the computer stops to turn the monitor randomly, did the test here at my computer and this problem stopped. Let try with a driver that is an earlier version of the latter. I think it is a incompatibility with the card 8800 GTS 512 256bit Gateway!

Hi Altair4 i have the same problem in Gateway P172S FX , my screen turn off during gaming AND in Windows Desktop or Google Chrome use or another software randomly, I think if we remove the video driver, the computer stops to turn the monitor randomly, did the test here at my computer and this problem stopped. Let try with a driver that is an earlier version of the latter. I think it is a incompatibility with the card 8800 GTS 512 256bit Gateway!

Have the same problem in my Gateway P6860FX with this driver. Although the fps is nicer and smoother, my screen keeps turn off whenever i surf web or do anything unrelated to game.

I was wondering if anyone could tell me if they have fixed the backlight brightness problem? or know anything about the issue.

Guest Chris D

I'm also having problems with this driver, says it cant install the control pannel and therefore it refuses to install the driver. I didnt get that problem with the latest official drivers.

Guest aneroid

I'm also having problems with this driver, says it cant install the control pannel and therefore it refuses to install the driver. I didnt get that problem with the latest official drivers.

same here. i used 'have disk' but that didn't work either.

Guest logic99

I tried to install this version, but after restarting the laptop, and try to login, my laptop will hang. Have tried to do clean uninstall of previous driver, running driver sweeper in safe mode, but still doesnt work. please help. my vga type 310m.

Guest skyrollin

Hi, I bought the alienware area 51 15x, with nvidia geforce 9800M GT a year ago mainly to play world of warcraft game. Everything was working fine until two weeks ago when the new driver update come out. I uninstall the old driver and install the new driver update v258.96. When i start the game, i got the message " cannot find a suitable device", when i check my device manager, my display adapter have an error message CODE 43. i have been trying to find out what is the problem and still can not find the answer. I reformat the laptop to the original stage and now to he laptop perform poorly in the game. My fps drop to 6fps when i am in a raid. Can someone help me identify the problem? is there a different driver would work properly with my graphic card? Thanks in advance.

Installed the drivers on my Dell M4400 over the weekend. Installation was flawless and was followed by the latest PhysX installation.

OpenCL, CUDA, PhysX and DirectCompute 4.0 are available.

PowerMizer seems to function when the computer is docked on the E-Port Plus + DisplayPort to the Dell U2711 monitor.

The driver seems very stable in 3D applications and at idle (docked), runs at GPU Core Clock: 275MHz, GPU Mem Clock: 300MHz, GPU Shader Clock: 550MHz.

I tried a couple of CAD system software and other graphics-intensive applications and I've experienced no issues, thus far.

The GPU core temps are running at about 53C, when idle.

The system crashes with these drivers.

I use 257.21 and everything is fine.

Edited by epivitor

This is the best driver in a while for me. Strange that Physx works, but no destructible environments in Batman, although fabric, fog, and everything else seems to be there. Though the last time I even played it was the demo on a 18x series driver.

Guest ssn637

someone tried it on nvidia 320m placed in the new macbook?

I modified the nvao.inf file to allow installation of the NVidia 320M driver (MacBook Pro 2010 13" Windows 7 x64 Ultimate).

Haven't noted any improvements over the Apple-provided BootCamp driver, but temperatures and frame rates are comparable so I've stuck with it. Display dimming also functions properly, which isn't always the case with NVidia generic mobile drivers.

BACKLIGHT BRIGHTNESS IS BACK BABY.. HELL, ITS ABOUT TIME!

To use the modded INF (nvac.inf) all other INFs need to be hidden.

You will find all original OEM INFs incl nvaa.inf in 'additional_infs.zip'

just extract nvaa.inf remove nvac.inf and install

hi,

I am terrible sorry, but I don't exactly understand what you are saying.

I have a lenovo t61p laptop with a quadro 570m videocard. I don't understand which INF I should use? The modded or original?

My card shows up under nvbl.inf, nvfm.inf and nvlt.inf, but not under the linked nvac.inf

Which inf I should use with my GPU? Thanks!

Also the link to PhysX doesn't seem to work, but do you still need to install drivers for that today? You never hear of it anymore....

You must check if the subsys part of the ID matches,too. Or use the modified inf - it doesn't care of the subsys info. Btw, isn't nvlt.inf for Lenovo?

You must check if the subsys part of the ID matches,too. Or use the modified inf - it doesn't care of the subsys info. Btw, isn't nvlt.inf for Lenovo?

You are right nvlt.inf is indeed for lenovo ()

I will try that one first when I get my laptop back from repairs, thanks. I hope the subsys id matches, though...

Edit: I am getting more confused now. On the nvidia site there is this (newest) driver: http://www.nvidia.co.uk/object/notebook-win7-winvista-64bit-258.96-whql-driver-uk.html

And 8600m gt and 570m are both supported within the same driver. With that knowledge what is the point of having a modified inf anymore to make the driver think your 570m is a a 8600mgt while in fact they are now using the same driver anyway, there should be no performance difference anymore... :) this just silly....

Edited by WakyEggs

I personally had problems with 258.96 and am running 259.31 with modified inf w/o problems just now .

I have the same problem as Hexo, and have no idea how to solve it.

Tried to extract the sony driver and overwrite the files, but i have no idea where the files are extracted to.

Can somebody help me please!

I spent a few hours testing some drivers on my machine - ASUS M50VN-AS023C - NVIDIA 9650m GT: Used Acronis True Image to restore a Clean Windows 7 x64 installation without graphic driver.

188.81 - 5001

189.64 - 4750

197.75 - 4726

257.15 - "Crashed"

257.21 - 4721

257.41 - 4993

258.19 - 4763

258.69 - "Crashed"

258.80 - 4737

258.96 - "Crashed"

259.31 - 4756

259.32 - 4757

• 2 weeks later...

works on my macbook pro with 330M GT and win7, had to use the have disk method also - make sure you use nvao.inf from additional_infs.zip tho

Edited by GunnyMcfly

• 4 weeks later...

Have tried this on my machine (updating from 18x series drivers). Works brilliantly! Have noticed a real difference in mods of both Grand Prix 4 and especially rFactor with much better frame rates.

Thanks so much for this driver!

Dell XPS 1530

Core 2 Duo 2.4GHz

4GB RAM (with 8GB Readyboost)

nVidia 8600M GT

Windows 7 Ultimate x64