LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Acer Aspire 5745G Nvidia 330M Driver Installation Problem

TheDood

Hey everyone,

I am having quite a difficult time installing driver 285.62 for my 330M. I also tried 285.67. I have hybrid power technology (can switch between two graphics cards) which might be the reason for the stuggle. I followed the installation guide, but seem to be doing something wrong, as the driver with the modded .inf is still not installing properly. Can anyone help guide me through this as I need to update my year old drivers. Thanks in advance for the help!

• 2 months later...
Guest Dipak Kumar Ravi

hey guys,

It's nothing to do with .inf files. Just go to your bios by pressing F2 key when your system is being restarted, Switch

your graphics mode to 'discrete' and let your system be restart. Now install your latest graphics driver. It will be installed without

any complications.

I installed version 290.xx in my lappy and it worked. If it doesn't work in your laptop. Try another graphic driver.

• 4 weeks later...

I have the same laptop (Acer Aspire 5745G) and the same problem. What will happen if you follow the previous post? Whether you experience any problems? What exactly is happening as I choose "Discrete" from BIOS.

• 1 year later...

hey guys,

It's nothing to do with .inf files. Just go to your bios by pressing F2 key when your system is being restarted, Switch

your graphics mode to 'discrete' and let your system be restart. Now install your latest graphics driver. It will be installed without

any complications.

I installed version 290.xx in my lappy and it worked. If it doesn't work in your laptop. Try another graphic driver.

I did this and my graphics card is not being recognized now. It says i now have a standard VGA graphics adapter. I got as far as changing the graphics to discrete. Ideas?

Edited by TheDood