LaptopVideo2Go Forums

SAS2108 (LSI 9260) based firmware files

mobilenvidia

The '0126_ibm.rom' firmware in the zip seems to be corrupted. I tried downloading the zip again for good measure. Is there a non corrupted version out there?

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mobilenvidia

• bearhntr

• pablocool

• iphdd

Downloaded fine for me, no errors via 7zip or Windows extracting

The zip itself works fine. But when I tried to flash the '0126_ibm.rom' via MegaREC or MSM, it says the file is corrupted. Tried it on two different cards just to make sure.

• 8 months later...

You forgot fujitsu 9261-8i the d2616, latest is 12.15.0239, can send you the rom to add

15 hours ago, CrimsonMars said:

You forgot fujitsu 9261-8i the d2616, latest is 12.15.0239, can send you the rom to add

Sounds good, you should be able to add as an attachment here in a zip ?

• 1 month later...

Hi mobilenvidia

I have lost pendrive with all good stuff for controllers and try to gather it. Can you upload somewhere LSIFlash.zip from your first post here?

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?271922-LSI-2108-based-card-cross-flashing-(Dell-H700-LSI-9260-IBM-M5015-Intel-RS2BL080)

I am unable to download from there even I have account there.

br 

Paweł

16 hours ago, pablocool said:

Hi mobilenvidia

I have lost pendrive with all good stuff for controllers and try to gather it. Can you upload somewhere LSIFlash.zip from your first post here?

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?271922-LSI-2108-based-card-cross-flashing-(Dell-H700-LSI-9260-IBM-M5015-Intel-RS2BL080)

I am unable to download from there even I have account there.

br 

Paweł

Extremesytems looks like all attachments are broken looking at warning from Admins, possible data loss

LSI_DOS and LSI_WIN have a heap of utilities for both DOS and Windows

Thank you. I am going to crossflash M5015 to original LSI firmware. However I cannot find lsisbr.bin I am guessing this one sbr9260.bin I shoud use, yes?

SAS2108 link in first post has all the SBR bins that I have 

• 3 weeks later...

I have downloaded the ZIP file containing all of the firmware. Which files do I need to crossflash an IBM M5015 to IT mode?

• 5 months later...

No brushing that I know of
Get a SAS2008 based card if IT mode is a must
SAS2208 can be flashed to SAS2308 IT mode, but again a waste of battery and cache etc

The 9261-8i is a nice raid card though, one of my favourites of old

You said I understand, but I just want to verify whether i can brush the OEM Fujitsu's 9211-8I firmware or M5105 firmware, in short, want to know whether the 9261-8i can change the IT mode, at least RAID and flash, it doesn't matter

Not sure what you are meaning, 'brush' = flash ?

9211-8i = IT mode so cannot flash to a 9261-8i (different chipsets)

M5015 can be flashed to 9261 as both are sas2108 controller but no reason to do so
Both cards are RAID only controllers not IT

Thank you very much, M5015 brush can, so I would like to ask the next 9261 can be, the former card has a problem RAID, change it card normal, this 9261 no problem, but before ROM bad, brush firmware after good, so again, intend to brush IT with

• 1 month later...

Hi,

Is it possible to get my CacheCade Pro 2.0 LSI00290 dongle working. I ordered a raid card. It was sold as LSI 9260-i8. When I installed the card, it shows as ServeRAID M5015.

I flashed it with LSI SBR and firmware 0205.

Also ordered that hardware code to LSI 9260

Now, the key was for LSI card and it will not work on IBM card. Am I right?

16 hours ago, raudraido said:

Hi,

Is it possible to get my CacheCade Pro 2.0 LSI00290 dongle working. I ordered a raid card. It was sold as LSI 9260-i8. When I installed the card, it shows as ServeRAID M5015.

I flashed it with LSI SBR and firmware 0205.

Also ordered that hardware code to LSI 9260

Now, the key was for LSI card and it will not work on IBM card. Am I right?

No the IBM cards have a little ROM that stores its an IBM and stops the  Cachecade key from working
From memory not even the Cachecade trial key will work on the M5015
Any chance of sending it back

21 hours ago, mobilenvidia said:

No the IBM cards have a little ROM that stores its an IBM and stops the  Cachecade key from working
From memory not even the Cachecade trial key will work on the M5015
Any chance of sending it back

Ok, thanks. I ordered a new card

• 4 years later...

Hello mobilenvidia, can I ask you for advice and help?

I have an IBM M5015 RAID card. According to your instructions, I updated the FW to version 12.15.0-0248 using the file 0248_ibm.rom. I also updated the SBR using the sbrm5015.bin file.

Everything is fine, I just don't know why I can't use SSD Caching. I read that you need to enter an activation code, but I can't enter it anywhere. Then I found a post from you that it won't work with the M5015, but only with the LSI 9260-8i. Is it really so?

I could get an LSI 9260-8i, but does that make sense? Because if you have to buy a license, I don't even know where to buy it. And is SSD Caching really that beneficial? Or can the need for activation be bypassed?

Thank you very much.
Tomas

M5015, thats going back, I still had hair 🙂

I'm for get the LSI cards where you can, back then 9260's were expensive and M5015 cheap but now they are all cheap
The License you can keep re-entering every month, could setup a routine to do it
Ebay is full of the Hardwre keys no need to buy license
Or go up a couple of seres to a 9364-8i with Cachecade

https://www.ebay.com/itm/175739577943?hash=item28eae52657:g:D8AAAOSwYOdkaxHm&amdata=enc%3AAQAIAAAA0KG%2BWrNNOcG8OLYadvQTS0%2Bdloal4V0tzlVNn5mslf60MA0ORuzg0x3wHFV7ZXI%2F2bt%2BlzhNzWbHqN2pWFIXDU4kb4xXK5%2BEFVVynFZRCGqLg%2FHsKpc7mcGdtmUC5GdFRHxkziMCZcouJqm0vRJFeWpl6wVTK8zSI5LIUMLlmo%2FOtqsWRuSL4j%2BQHPmkW%2FvQCD%2BFvGiWeO%2BqLO8flGMWzRQfe4Vjpo6rVz9GE%2FiyYMzuYXY0vfXe2o2UvR7lGwlyV2QH9e1OdXyBPaLx%2Fhz6vHY%3D|tkp%3ABk9SR4C1yOmyYw
Free shipping to US

Hope this helps