LaptopVideo2Go Forums

NVidia WHQL driver 296.10 released

Infinity7

NVidia WHQL driver 296.10 was released today over on the NVidia site. Link: http://www.nvidia.com/Download/Find.aspx?lang=en-us

GeForce.com says that compared to the Windows 8 driver 296.17 the version 296.10 WHQL driver is an equivalent driver, a quick refresh from the recent version GeForce 295.73 drivers, and are a must-have for gamers looking for the best experience in upcoming games like Blacklight: Retribution.

Release Highlights:

This is the second WHQL-certified driver from the R295 family of drivers (versions 295.xx to 299.xx).

This driver is a recommended upgrade for all GeForce users, especially those playing the latest hot PC games like Battlefield 3, Blacklight: Retribution, Diablo III, Mass Effect 3, or The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim and more. These drivers come packed with GeForce-exclusive performance and quality enhancements and are Microsoft WHQL-certified.

New in Release 296.10

• Adds support for the new GeForce GTX 560 SE GPU.
  • Updates PhysX System Software to version 9.12.0213.
  • Boosts SLI performance in the following games:
    • Blacklight: Retribution – up to 1.8x performance increase
    • DiRT 3 – updated DX11 profile to improve menu performance
    • Dishonored
    • Dungeon Defenders
    • F1 2011 – improves performance with game patch 1.2
    • rFactor 2

[*]Adds 3D Vision support for the following games:

• Dear Esther – Rated Good
    • Deep Black: Reloaded – Rated 3D Vision Ready

[*]Includes numerous bug fixes. Refer to the release notes documentation for more details.

Other Details

• Supports multiple languages and APIs for GPU computing: CUDA C, CUDA C++, CUDA Fortran, OpenCL, DirectCompute, and Microsoft C++ AMP.
  • Supports single GPU and NVIDIA SLI technology on DirectX 9, DirectX 10, DirectX 11, and OpenGL, including 3-way SLI, Quad SLI, and SLI support on SLI-certified Intel and AMD motherboards.

The following sections list the important changes and the most common issues resolved since version 295.73. This list is only a subset of the total number of changes made in this driver version. The NVIDIA bug number is provided for reference.

Fixed Single-GPU Issues

? The NVIDIA Installer attempts to install the driver onto an incorrect or nonexistent

hard drive. [909221]

? [Diablo 3 Beta]: The game screen blurs when forcing AA from the NVIDIA Control

Panel. [935597]

? [GeForce GTX 560/GTX 550 Ti]: The NVIDIA Control Panel does not update the

monitor name when a different monitor is hot?plugged. [784641]

? [GeForce GTX 590] “No NVIDIA High Definition Audio” error occurs with Realtek889

codec. [868406]

? [GeForce GTS 450][sIM2]: Display corruption occurs when entering a house that has a

swimming pool. [905969]

Fixed Multi-GPU Issues

? [sLI] [GeForce 500/400 series][F1 2011]: Game performance with SLI enabled is lower

after the game Patch version 1.02 is applied. [919612]

? [sLI] [GeForce 500 Series][Dirt 3]: The game stutters within the menu and occasionally

during a race. [834048]

? [sLI][ GeForce 500 series][Mirror?s Edge]:”Driver not responding” error occurs when

playing the game with SLI enabled.[915576]

? [sLI][GeForce GTX 580][Metro 2033]: The system hangs when launching the

application in DirectX 10/11 mode if both SLI and 3D Vision are enabled. [945885]

? [sLI][GeForce GTX 580][rFactor 2]: The games runs at a low frame rate when SLI is

enabled. [933072]

? [sLI] [GeForce GTX 470]: After the driver is instaled, SLI either cannot be enabled or

causes screen corruption once it is enabled. [934524]

? [3xSLI] [World of Warcraft:Cataclysm]: The character portrait flickers after loading an instanced map.

Edited by Infinity7

Hi,

Problem here with 64 bits driver.

I get this message: "nvidia install %1 n'est pas une application win32 valide" (i'm French :whistle: )

I've downloaded it many times and always same error...

Does somebody experience same issue?

Thanks for your replies.

post-16549-0-07157100-1331720789_thumb.p

Massive gfx corruption (purple screen) twice in as many hours, only one recoverable. Had this with 295.51 as well.

Back to 295.73 for me.

Edited by Soor

Massive gfx corruption (purple screen) twice in as many hours, only one recoverable. Had this with 295.51 as well.

What is your display? I had the purple/pink colors once on one driver if I set to YCbCr444 color but it was fine if I set to RGB color. Try toggling that.

Hi,

Problem here with 64 bits driver.

I get this message: "nvidia install %1 n'est pas une application win32 valide" (i'm French :whistle: )

I've downloaded it many times and always same error...

The error in English is: "nvidia install% 1 is not a valid win32 application" which means that you're trying to install a 32 bit driver on a 64 bit operating system.

Cette erreur signifie que vous essayez d'installer un pilote 32 bits sur un système d'exploitation 64 bits.

The error in English is: "nvidia install% 1 is not a valid win32 application" which means that you're trying to install a 32 bit driver on a 64 bit operating system.

Cette erreur signifie que vous essayez d'installer un pilote 32 bits sur un système d'exploitation 64 bits.

Thanks,

That was my first thought too, but I really downloaded 296.10-notebook-win7-winvista-64bit-international-whql.exe.

I don't understand why I get this issue...

Hi !

Found a fix here: http://forums.nvidia.com/index.php?showtopic=210799

All is right now ! :victory: :cheer:

Edited by Merzhin