LaptopVideo2Go Forums

v62.01 XP 32bit | NV

mobilenvidia

Matias, with your black screen. Does it occur only in Windows? I would think so because it should in no way affect the BIOS. Can you test whether an external monitor works?

Guest Matias

Hey teraphy... the back screen ocurs when windows loads... it never gets to the point when it loads the welcome to windows screen.... when this happens I have tried using the FN key and the switching display screen... but didn't work... thanks for your reply :)

I find it odd that you would not be able to switch displays. This sounds like another EDID issue -- you might get the right screen size and no colors or you get no EDID at all to produce a black screen in Windows. However, the switching of the display would be irrelevant.

Can you please post your BIOS version, and also if you could visit this thread

http://forums.laptopvideo2go.com/index....topic=5832&st=0

and run the batch file attached to the first post (if you have xp) and attach it. It will tell me if you have bad EDID.

That thread otherwise is obviously irrelevant.

Guest Matias

Teraphy, I was checking out that thread and it seems that I have the same problem that those people describe.... I get a black screen (black bar?) when I get to the windows logon... How can I do the BIOS stuff?.... where do I look for the version?, do u think that if I try your modified INF I could solve this problem?... I saw that your INF solved problems for toshiba users... would it work for my Medion?... I really want to get ride of this problem!, and stop getting this annoying black screen!... I tired like 10 drivers and all of them gave me the same problem!! (drivers greater than 61.45)... thanks a lot for your help!!, u are making a lot of people happy with your help! :)

Guest Matias

Teraphy, I checked my regedit, and in the display section (HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE->SYSTEM->CURRENTCONTROLSET->ENUM->DISPLAY) I have Default_monitor and also NVD0000 (I saw that this was a sign of a bad EDID).... hope u can help me out with this! thanks again

Guest Matias

Also!, don't know if it is of any help but I have a PhoenixBios 4.0 Release 6.0, and the Bios Version is 1.0D-44A1-0812 Thanks :)

My video Bios version is 4.31.20.44.A1 :)

The black bar produces a screen X pixels smaller than normal. But the display is still viewable. The screen isn't completely black. NVD0000 does not necessarily mean that you have a bad EDID. But it could be a part of the problem.

You could attempt those fixes found in the Toshiba thread. The keys added should also work for you.

Unfortunately, I don't have your BIOS to look at. But it's always handy to know :)

Before you do that I'd like to check to make sure no harm will come to your display. Can you please attach the file exported from the batch file? I'm not too concerned but why take the chance.

Guest Matias

I can't find this batch file in the first message posted out of that thread you gave me.... mmmm can't figure that one out!... can u please help me !?? thanks and also where do I get my Bios version?

Guest Matias

Hey teraphy, here you have my edid attached!, finally!haha... it is pretty long!! I had to break it into 3 different parts!!.... hope you can figure this out!... very weird comparing with the ones I saw in the thread... thanks a lot for your help :)

My Bios version is the one I posted before :)

Thanks for posting it. I've removed the replies/attachments for the heck of it.

Your EDID is good everytime. Nothing wrong down that line so installing the Toshiba fix won't help you any...it's spitting out color and proper size. I'm trying to think where else the issue could be...

Guest Matias

Teraphy, you have to take into account that right now I'm using 61.45 foreceware drivers for a Geforece fx5600 (I have a FXgo5600 but found out that I can use this drivers and get a lot better performance than previous versions for Go) with these drivers I get the picture when windows loads... with drivers that I have tried above 61.45 and for FXgo5600 I ended up getting the black screen.... The only think that I get with these drivers is a kind of delay and flicker effect when I get to the logon screen, and also when I shut down the computer it take like 5 more seconds after I get the black screen.... I don't know whether I should run the Batch file with the drivers that don't show a picture in safe mode... maybe you could see that way the problem.... the last set of drivers that didn't give me any delay when I shut down and also when the logon screen loads are the 53.03!!, and of course the original driver version that came with my Medion Laptop (44.01 I believe).... those 53.03 drivers are a lot worse in performance than the new one I have tried... I hope you can understand my explanation because english is not my first language!.... This is the best I can explain it to you... is it normal that I'm using this fx5600 driver instead of a fxgo5600?... thanks again :)