LaptopVideo2Go Forums

v70.41 XP 32bit | NV

®®®

:: UPDATES

• 28-OCT-2004:
  • now you can find v70.41 on nVIDIA FTP. It's the International version with all language files and it's a beta Quadro certified driver.
    Here's the link to the official Quadro certified page

:: DETAILS

• v70.41
  • desktop driver for 2K.XP, filedate 09-OCT-2004, leaked 26-OCT-2004
  • English only, Setup included, no WHQL certification
  • leaked from OSNN.NET

:: OPEN ISSUES

:: ISSUES RESOLVED

:: OPINION [*by LSudlow]

Version 70.41 is a work in progress, remarkable largely for its promise of better things to come. The INF goes out of its way to install something called NVEPCLNT, which isn't included in this set of files. Likewise, there is a new color/gamma/brightness optimizer app that doesn't yet work. We've seen other experimental options come and go, so time will tell the fate of these.

**UPDATE** The color/gamma/brightness optimizer now works in the latest version.

The word around the net is that this driver is very buggy, but I don't find that to be true. Remember, many users are having very mixed results with the 66.xx drivers on which this driver probably is based. If you like the 66 drivers, you'll probably be fine with 70.41. I'm seeing no problems on my FX Go5200.

Performance is lackluster but not bad. All 3DMark numbers are down slightly from the steller performance I saw in 66.81, but it's not enough of a hit to make anyone avoid this driver. I'm going to run this version a while. If anything bad crops up, I'll let you know.

:: BENCHMARKS [*by LSudlow]

driver performance comparison charts for some GPUs

for GF2 Go: HERE from Pieter (v16.20 - v61.77)

for FX Go5200: HERE from Larry (v5x.xx - current)

for FX Go5700: HERE from Sky-Dexter (v65.73 - current)

:: DOWNLOAD & x-click-but21.gif

This and all other drivers available at LaptopVideo2Go are 7-zipped and come as a self-extracting archive for your convenience. We take care that your download time/traffic is minimized by compressing the driver in an optimized way. The method we had developed first is a service that you'll only find here proper working.

filesize 10.560.597 bytes | English only

Pieter's mobile INF modified for v70.41 | modded especially for Laptops, but has also Desktop card support

Pieter's mobile INF modified for v70.41 | Performance optimized

Pieter's No Tweaks INF modified for v70.41 | Original INF, which now recognizes all Laptop and Desktop cards; nothing else was changed!

Larry's DELL 5150/5160 optimized INF

Teraphy's Toshiba "BlackBar PHP Fixer" | choose from all drivers and get your customized Anti-BlackBar-INF

Teraphy's "PHP INF enhancement" page | enhance your INF by choosing from a variety of settings (incl. Toshiba Blackbar fix) for all Laptops

nVLiTE page | choose the language to keep and rip out the rest; delete SETUP and other unneeded files to make the driver as small as possible

:: INTENDED CARDS FROM ORIGINAL INF

see attached INF HERE

Edited by ®®®

There is a short article about the driver, benchmarks already (!), and a load of unqualified comments on THIS page of OSNN.NET.

Can somebody attach the Original INF, my bandwith/traffic is eaten up, i cant download the driver :)

It''s a pleasure to read Larry's words of wisdom.

Everytime!

Thanks... Much appreciated!

:)

Version 70.41 is a work in progress, remarkable largely for its promise of better things to come. The INF goes out of its way to install something called NVEPCLNT, which isn't included in this set of files. Likewise, there is a new color/gamma/brightness optimizer app that doesn't yet work. We've seen other experimental options come and go, so time will tell the fate of these.

NVEPCLNT is only used for the FX and above GPU's in INF, a search for such a fle might lead to what it actually does.

Some improvements in the way the Display properties are laid out, these are working just fine on my lappy.

Just guessing here:

NV == NVidia

E == Extended? External? Evisceration?

P == Properties? Panel? Poopfest?

CLNT == Client

:)

Simply awesome.

/me raises digital vibrance sheilds up...

Hi, I tried install with this driver but always end up with blck screen and locked up. My problem is slightly different from others as my black screen occured before the reboot.

My system is I8600 with 5650go and win xp with sp2. Any help is appreciated. Although after I forced it to shut down and reboot, everything is fine.

Did you completely remove driver (uninstall via control panel) before installing new driver ?

One thing with the newer version (nVidia) I uploaded that I didn't notice with the other 70.41 (leaked) is the cool way to either replace or keep the profiles, you can select each profile individually.

It must be the setup files for the nVidia version which are different.

Did you completely remove driver (uninstall via control panel) before installing new driver ?

One thing with the newer version (nVidia) I uploaded that I didn't notice with the other 70.41 (leaked) is the cool way to either replace or keep the profiles, you can select each profile individually.

It must be the setup files for the nVidia version which are different.

Hi, I did uninstall from the control panel. I did not use the setup though, I install it via the device manager, but it just hang there once the setup is almost finished ( I assumed because the screen became black screen at that moment).

Guest -Angel-

I have a problem with this driver. I'm playing the Sims 2. Normally with the older drivers, when looking at a mirror, you would see your reflection. But upon installing this driver. All reflections are black.

70.41 is still an early beta driver, and others have had problems where walls are invisible.

Go back to something like 65.73 where I think you'll have better results.

Enjoy.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, I have problem while watching movies on my TV. When I close the lid of the laptop the video signal disappears from the TV. The sound is present but the picture is gone! I tried using both dualview and clone modes - it's the same! Can you please help me? Is this because of the driver or the problem is in the settings?

Thanks

Look for the following line in your inf and put a semicolon ";" in front of it to comment it out.

HKLM,"System\CurrentControlSet\Control\GraphicsDrivers\LidCloseSetPower"

Then run Regedit and find the LidCloseSetPower key and delete it. You can find it by following the path in the above line, or by searching for it.

That should solve it.

The LidCloseSetPower tweak isn't needed anymore??

How did you found that out, Larry? :)

Unfortunately, it IS still needed. But it was killing izov's monitor power when he was viewing on an external monitor and shut the lid on his laptop. Removing that line was the lesser of two evils in his case.

Ok guys first of all let me say

THANK YOU!!

You guys have given me hope. I bought my Dell Insp 5150 a year ago. I never has too much issue until I started playing an MMORPG called FFXI. Every few hours it locked up blah blah blah you know the story.

So After troubleshooting the issue to death I had decided it was a heating problem. Perhaps an issue where the fan doesn't come on soon enough (The thing sounds like a Jet Engine!). ThenI decided to try the dell Support One Last Time before I blew my top at a tech, and esclated until they traded me up.

I found the Dell forums, and MobileNVidia's posts on the "5150 Freeze" thread brought me here.

I have installed the new 70.41 driver with the Dell INF file, and it installs fine, but I get a black screen, and lockup on a reboot.

I'm getting ready to try one of the older (6X.XX) sets as recomended (since this version is a little beta flavored), but I followed your instructions on the Instructions page to a T. It wasn't hard, and very familiar ground.

I've got all the latest BIOS updates, and so forth.

Any info you would like me to gather?

Thanks again

Try uninstalling the nVidia driver in the Control Panel, in the Add/Remove Programs applet. Then try reinstalling again. If that fails, try the inf I've customimzed for the 5150, which can be found here. It solves several of the 5150's problems.

For what it's worth, I'm having great luck with the custom inf and driver 67.02.

Ok I already did that part

1 Uninstalled Via Control Panel > Add/Remove Programs

2 Rebooted

3 Included Your Customized Dell INF file (found it about an hour ago) witht the 70.14 driver files

4 When it came up for the drivers I said "Do not search"

then I specified the INF in the folder with the 70.41 driver files

5 It installed

6 Rebooted

Black Screen.

Repeated steps 1 & 2 in safe mode.

Then repeated steps 3-6 with the 65.73 drivers

I could log on, but it locked as soon as I attempted a game.

Performing steps 1-6 with the 67.02 Drivers as you recommended next.

Thanks again

If that one locks up, go back and try an earlier driver just to be sure it still works. You might be developing a hardware problem of some kind.

Ok well

Curse my bad Dyslexic eyes!

I went to check my BIOS this morning as recomended by one of your threads, and I saw A32 .... It was A23. :)

I just updated the BIOs ... reinstalled the 67.02's, and everything seems A O K

The game is running as well as before, and we'll see if it locks up.

In my defense I have 4 latptops, and 2 desktops in my home. This one has been out of cycle for awhile. .. I still cannot believe I let the BIOS get quite that out of date!

Thanks for your help!

Okay... Glad it's working!