LaptopVideo2Go Forums

v70.41 XP 32bit | NV

®®®

No problems with the 70.41 modded version after 5 days :) ( Tested on go5700 - world of warcraft - farcry - doom3 - gunbound :) )

Continue the good work :P

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys

At first - whoa ! ###### great work with all this site ( benchmarks and so on ) KEEP IT UP ! :)

I have a litle issue though. After installing any of custom drivers ( not from notebooks manufacturer site ) during RESTART a blank screen apperas combined with lockup. Everything works just fine, exept this thing, which is very annoing. I thought notebook is broken, but when I reinstalled system and applyed a notebooks manufacturer drivers ( which are very old - 54.06 ) blanking and locking up is gone.

I think I should add that I have a MEDION MD6200 running on GeForce Go5200.

Greetings

Tom

update your SIS Chipset/AGP drivers

Guest PROBLEM, HELP

Hi

I have a great problem now - I left a notebook for night to download newsgroups by Grabit software and I left Autoshutdown on. I did it a few times and thats why I was very supprised that in the morning, when I tried to tund it on the screen was blank. The monitor out works fine and on connected monitor screen if just fine, only LCD doesnt work. The light on is fine (adjusting LCDs brightness works) its just it is completly blank.

I had a little issue a while ago - on custom drivers (not directly form MEDION) ntebook sometimes didnt restert (exacly when I put him into suspend mode and after that tried to restart him) But now, nothing works.

I reinstalled system BIOS, nothing, now Im thinking if upgrading video Bios might gove someting, but I cant any usable.

PLEASE, please help.

Tom

Have you tried others?

I would not recommend and trust the first beta driver release from a new (70s) series!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest beansbaxter

Good news and bad news...friend recommended me to this site and walaaa....

Well I have an Inspiron 5150 with the newest BIOS and Video drivers for the GeF5200...only real intense graphic need is to run Everquest 2 so I can play it when I'm away from my desktop machine.

The game ran, but it ran slow and bogged down numerous times. I suspected it was the CPU but I found that out to be wrong.

Anyways...I downloaded the newest driver and the modded .inf file for this particular model, and wow oh wow. The game ran a lot better, no bogging. Frame rates were still an issue, but it was more tweaking at this point with the graphical settings.

Well it runs and Windows is crashing now everytime I run it. It will run for a few minutes and then reboot. At first I figured it was just overheating, but the Dell has a system default message after the POST alerting you if it does overheat and that didnt come up. Instead Windows came back with a serious system critical error causing the dump.

Has anyone else had any good or bad experience with running Everquest 2?

If I were you I would stay away from this driver and go try the other 7x.xx or 6x.xx drivers, as this driver is very beta.

Has anyone else had any good or bad experience with running Everquest 2?

If i remember right Larry is an heavy EverQuest player, and he is the creator of an INF especially modded for Dell5150/60. You'll find the link to his INF at every driver details post (look at the first post where all the details are)

• 3 weeks later...
Guest JoeMichigan

Thank god I found your site. My HP zd7000 and it's wonderful nvidia go5700 128mb had no laptop display. I could connect to TV with the HP all in 1 media cable but the laptop display and the external monitor port would leave me with a blank black screen (it appeared that there was no power going to both) I thought maybe it was the power inverter, or a temp sensor forcing disable of display/and external port, and lastly maybe a motherboard issue. FRUSTRATION!!!

After jumping through the HP support hoops and doing a reformat and clean install of the OS(XP pro), the HP drivers, and the system software it still didn't work. Ran the HP updates, still nothing. Was searching the internet for a last hope before resorting to sending my laptop to HP for service(you know what I mean) and I stumbled upon a link to your site on a zd7000 forum that had info on how the 70.41 driver worked great for somebody on there.

I figured what the hell I got nothing to lose. Downloaded it and installed it, used the nvidia console to create a custom resolution of 1680x1050(native for this screen) applied it, disconnected the all in 1 cable, rebooted and HOOOOORAAAY my display is back.

Thank you for having this site and a huge thanks to all the people that leak, modify, test, and post these drivers. You are the best! :)

Joe from Michigan

:)

Thanks for the nice words. Spread the word would help us :)

:P

Guest JoeMichigan

You can bet I will spread the good word about your site. It really saved my butt when I needed it. Once again. You guys are the greatest. :) Thank You Thank You Thank You

• 1 year later...
"... a heating problem. Perhaps an issue where the fan doesn't come on soon enough (The thing sounds like a Jet Engine!)."

If you've had it for a while, the CPU heatsink is probably clogged with dust/lint. Pop off the cover above the keyboard, take the keyboard out (four screws), take off the metal cover, then take the fan out and clean out the gunk. (On older versions you have to take the top cover off in order to get to the fan screws.)