LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Geforce4 440 GO 64mb

Guest Nomeh

Hello everyone. I am lookin for new drivers for my Geforce 4 440 GO 64mb graphics card. I have a toshiba satellite 1955-s803. the drivers that it has been using all this time are ones originally loaded on it upon purchase dating back to like 11/22/2002 or something like that. I havent really found updated ones anywhere really. So if someone could please point me in the right direction id really appriciate it. Thanks in advance

thanks for your fast reply.

Which driver would you recommend for me to try out admin? Basically that thread you linked said i could download say the newest nvidia drivers, open the .inf in wordpad and change MAPOSD§toNV value from 3 to 2 and then force install the drivers or am i reading that wrong.

again appriciate the fast reply and help.. im kinda a newb at this

use v67.50 and download Pieter's mobile inf.

The value you *eventually* have to change from 3 to 2 in the INF is called "MAPOSD3toNV" (i had a typo). You need only to change it when your Laptop doesn't resume from Standby and the Screen stays Black.

here is the link for all files you need (only 2) http://forums.laptopvideo2go.com/index.php?showtopic=6330

thanks - one last question for you (hopefully) .. so i downloaded the drivers and after i extract them into a folder.. i replace the modified .inf over the other then install the driver via have disk on update driver... is that correct?

You got it, Nomeh. Good luck!

thanks alot guys - did it successfully !!!! - really appriciate the fast responses and the links to the stuff i needed. You guys are great !!! ... this page is definatly worthy of a bookmark :)

/cheers!