LaptopVideo2Go Forums

display properties doesn't save fixed aspect ratio

Guest nvgf440

Guest nvgf440

Well if theres no way to edit the driver, isnt there a way to use RunDLL to tell it what settings to start up with. Or maybe write a script that runs every restart changing the settings to Centered Output? Anything like that??

Wait you want centered output?

centered scaling: rundll32.exe NvCpl.dll,dtcfg setscaling 1 DA 3

aspect scaling for wide screen: rundll32.exe NvCpl.dll,dtcfg setscaling 1 DA 5

Create a shortcut to rundll32.exe. Then put it in your Startup folder (in your Start menu) and edit it so the full command is as Teraphy suggests.

Another way would be to put the entire line, including arguments, in the registry under HKLM/Software/Microsoft/Windows/Current Version/Run/

:) :)

I remember the words of Teraphy: "love the power of NVCPL"

Now that we know Teraphy's method works, any user with this problem can add the following line to the [nv_ControlPanelSettings] section of their inf:

HKLM,"Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run", NvStartMode,,"rundll32.exe NvCpl.dll,dtcfg setscaling 1 DA 3"

(Dontknow, we should add this bit of information to our FAQs or some other pinned place.)

Guest dimitris

installed 67.42 driver with original nvdm.inf and added the line in the inf as dontknow suggests. Driver seems to be working fine.

one question though. I don't want centered output but would rather prefer fixed aspect ratio scaling. I have a 1920x1200 monitor and want to play games at 4:3 (1024x768). What should I change in the aforementioned line ?

thanx in advance,

dimitris

you owe me nothing :)

just enjoy your new display view comfort :P

:)