LaptopVideo2Go Forums

v76.10 XP 32bit | NV

®®®

Dell C810's and Gateway Solo's can have MapOS3DtoNV 2 or 3 most of the time.

With the 71.xx and higher we can no longer have MapOS3DtoNV = 2.

What do I do, I can't just keep changing this value back and forth.

I may have to bite the bullet and stick with MapOS3DtoNV = 3 for all GPU's.

A poll maybe required here like you said.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mobilenvidia

• ®®®

• ZZTOP77

• SLoweCSL

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Interesting. Thanks for the anonymous hint :)

Is this combination solving the recent Standby mess in NV drivers?

Hey all!

I'm posting this here because I didn't know where else to do it.

As you may know, TweaksRUs has been down most of this week. What happened was that we changed hosts and found out that our database wasn't compatible with the new host's version of MYSQL. I don't know if it was solely an incompatability, or inexperience on my and Daishi's part. We wasted time because Daishi wanted to be sure there was no way to use our old database.

In any case, we're rebuilding the site now. The forums are up and useable now. The main page is still under construction (I don't know why it takes so long, but . . .) We'll have much more bandwidth, now. So we will also have more downloads. Also, I prevaled upon Daishi to get rid of the blaring ORANGE color of everything. :)

I put a link to our XTreme-G 76.10 Finals in the forums. You'll have to register to get to it though because I put it in the Members Only section. :)

Hopefully, the site will be up before we have any more drivers to release.

Back to the 76.10's ; I found a few things that were causing DOOM3 to run very slowly. We had reports of that and I was able to reproduce it on my system. Well, the old XG 76.10' gave me an awful 49 FPS in the timedemo. Now I get 90 FPS with the new XG 76.10.

I used Pieter's inf as the base of the LaptopFX version. :P

So . . . what are you waiting for?

Guest j4ever

LOL....sorry about using Guest again....I tend to be doing that a lot lately. but yeah, try it out for the people with the standby issue and you will see. i think most nvidia laptop drivers include this without the ;. i don't know why the ; is in there in the first place. i slipstreamed the drivers into my install cd and after the install was complete i had a black screen. i went to safe mode and uninstalled it and tried it without the ;. it worked. then i looked online and found that laptop nvidia drivers never have the ; before it. i think a lot of desktop drivers dont have it either.

LOL....sorry about using Guest again....I tend to be doing that a lot lately.  but yeah, try it out for the people with the standby issue and you will see.  i think most nvidia laptop drivers include this without the ;.  i don't know why the ; is in there in the first place.  i slipstreamed the drivers into my install cd and after the install was complete i had a black screen.  i went to safe mode and uninstalled it and tried it without the ;.  it worked.  then i looked online and found that laptop nvidia drivers never have the ; before it.  i think a lot of desktop drivers dont have it either.

The ';' is there to stop it from being run by the installer.

It is called a 'remark' and you can add text to the INF without it being run.

So Modesetblankdelay is using the default setting.

As it says above the setting remove the ';' if you would like the setting enabled.

I hope this explains why the ';' is there.

Guest j4ever

all im sayin is that i have tried your infs on quite a few lappys and they work but they all need the remark to be removed. when i checked their manufactureers drivers, the remark wasnt there. so im just guessing that many people would have less trouble if it wasnt there.

...just mym 2 cents. :)

:) , didn't upload INF, I added the SXGA+ fix to this INF, won't affect you.

Fix is for the SXGA+ (1400x1050) so it won't work for your screen.

Guest HAMMER

Hi fellaz. (and fellettes, if present :) )

As you can see from my profile, I am a high-end notebook user, but I'm actually getting some lackluster results from 3DMark2001. I only scored 17k, and the numbers I'm seeing on the net indicate I should be well over 20k.

I am new to this optimization and tweakage world.

I have downloaded the 76.10 drivers here, and the performance .inf to go with it, but am wondering what kind of results to expect, and what, if anything, else I need to do.

I don't see any other "big hitters" as far as power notebook freaks, but I didn't look that long either.

Thanks for the help in advance.

You're one of our first 6800 Ultra users! Congrats! (And yes, we're completely green with envy!)

In the Nvidia Control Panel, make sure you are in Single Display mode and try turning off Antialiasing, Anisotropic Filtering, and Vertical Sync. (Don't use the Application Controlled setting.)

If you're comparing against older drivers, there used to be a MipMap setting that everyone used. It's no longer there, but you can achieve the same effect by running RivaTuner and setting Level of Detail (LOD) to 1.3. It's the same thing as the old "Highest Performance" MipMap setting.

In the PowerMizer settings, make sure you're set for Maximum Performance.

Maybe some others can jump in with other tweaks, but these should get you started. Good luck!

Nice machine, by the way!! :)

Guest HAMMER
Nice machine, by the way!! :)

OK...I will try these things when I get home tonight.

Tonight will basically be "HAMMER jacks with his new notebook until it rocks (or blows up) night"

And as for the comment on my rig, yeah...I had $2700.00 laying around and figured I'd use it for gaming purposes! I'm glad it performs so well...I go to LAN parties so often and it just makes everybody in the room turn green when I carry in my one bag :)

when I carry in my one bag
:P ONE! And when you actually win the game cuz of better frame rate :) , "Desktop"ers probably turn red :)

Even though I do need to update this, here is a little speed guide thread.

http://forums.laptopvideo2go.com/index.php?showtopic=6522

Has lots of usefull info and points to a lot of other threads/guides with usefull info.

Guest HAMMER

Well, I guess I need to make a correction. M-Tech seems to believe that the card in my laptop is an ultra, and even advertise so on the invoice, but it is an "NV41", with a default core of 330 and 600 memory.

I overclocked it to 400 core, and 1GHz memory, and it scores 17,600(tested with 3DMark01) with the new 76.10 drivers and the performance mod.

This is up from 17,050 with the original CD drivers that came with the laptop, which amounts to donkey ######.

I'm not thrilled at all with these numbers for the money I paid.

I gotta argue with these guys tomorrow and get them to send me my ultra that my invoice says I own.

Well, I guess I need to make a correction.  M-Tech seems to believe that the card in my laptop is an ultra, and even advertise so on the invoice, but it is an "NV41", with a default core of 330 and 600 memory.

I overclocked it to 400 core, and 1GHz memory, and it scores 17,600(tested with 3DMark01) with the new 76.10 drivers and the performance mod.

This is up from 17,050 with the original CD drivers that came with the laptop, which amounts to donkey ######.

I'm not thrilled at all with these numbers for the money I paid.

I gotta argue with these guys tomorrow and get them to send me my ultra that my invoice says I own.

You have every right to demand an Ultra, as you have been invoiced and paid for it.

I do believe Dell have a deal with nVidia for the first batch of Ultra's, but I know that Clevo/Sager etc etc are gearing up for the Ultra.

I would assume that with a 3.8Ghz P4 and an Ultra the power adaptor would have to be huge, and battery life will be non existant.

The Ultra default speeds are Core 450Mhz, Memory 550/1100Mhz (DDR3)

Buyers of go6800's the only Ultra available as of now is in the Dell Inspiron XPS Gen2.

Any other supplier saying they have Ultra's are lying.

Best to make double sure before ordering that you have what you paid for.

But alas for Hammer this is too late, all the best with your case.

Guest HAMMER

I'll tell ya one thing tho.

This here newfangled contraption sure does run them there games real purdy!

1600X1050 UT2004, everything maxed out of course, 85fps (which is the maximum that UT2004 will allow)

Half Life 2 looks so real it's scary.

Guest HAMMER

Hey!!!

I looked at your performance page, and there is a P4 3.6 with a GeForce Go 6800 listed there scoring 17.4k.

I'm above that with my 3GHz :) I guess I'm not doing so bad after all with my 17.6k.

How do I post my results on that table?

My 3DMark01 score was 17,600 exactly, default settings with the 76.10 drivers and the performance mod file.

This was my overclocked (400, 1.1GHz) score tho...my raw score was 16880

Guest HAMMER

(in case you haven't noticed, I can tend to be a talkative chap...even if I'm just talking to myself :) )

I can't wait to see what the Ultra can do.

Anybody got one of those yet? Post your scores!

Oh, and moderators...would you please add "M-Tech" to your list of notebook companies, so I can change my profile to reflect that? Gotta give them credit for their excellent marketing and support :)

i like the new features this driver sports, have noticed a issue with half life games where if Vertical Sync isnt on all the menus and characters flicker this is all resolved by turning VS on but it drops fps to 29 constant, ive tried messing with the performance options but havent hit it yet, anyone else experiance this?

Guest HAMMER

These drivers DO NOT like City of Heroes.

I don't know what the deal is, but it wacks out the entire screen. So far this is the only game I've seen this behavior in. I play Half Life 2, UT2004, Call of Duty, and Far Cry regularly, and all work fine.

I rolled back drivers and worked fine.

The 7184's on here didn't even work for me at all.