LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Counterstrike - FPS DOWN :(

Guest basti

Guest basti

hello everybody i own this notebook: Satellite P10-554: P4 2.8GHz HT/ XP Home/ 256+256 DDR/ 60GB/ 15,4TWide/ NV FX Go5600/ DVD-Multi (-R-RW-RAM)

everythings fine with it.. but if i play Counterstrike (1.6) i can play like 5-10 minutes, (100fps) great... then after 5-10minutes the coolers start to cool

and the notebook goes down to (30-60fps) and thats freaking unplayable... i did buy an coolerpad who stands now under my notebook, but nothings better, the notebook doenst get hot, hope sum1 can help me cause its a serious problem im addicted to cstrike

thx alot and greetz basti

Edited by Kamika007z

....im addicted to cstrike....
That is your problem. :)

lol just kidding

You must be really addicted, as you made 2 topics about this....

Well, on the bright side you atleast kinda knew that your problem is atleast related to overheating.

Have you tried putting lots of fans around the laptop, cleaning out the fans/vents with compressed air like in this guide.

Does it do with with lots of drivers?

And does underclocking the graphics card fix the problem?

Is their anyway you can control the fan(s) on your laptop? You could try running the fan higher right before you run the game or something.

Have you gotten all the updates for that game? Do you play it 24x7, (literally) maybe your laptop can't handle that.... :)

Bill

PS: If you want to make jokes about me, I play UT2004.....

//edit: i deleted the double post now

Edited by ®®®

Oops, maybe If I got more sleep I could have been more help. :)