LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Toshiba A20 satellite problem

Guest Mapleleafs6768

Guest Mapleleafs6768

I am hoping someone can help me here i have tried toshiba tech support and they are idiots, I am try to format my computer with my 3 a20 satellite recovery discs, when i get to f1 for ok or f2 for a cancel it i say f1 to continue and i get in HUGE letters WRONG MACHINE, but they are satellite a20 recovery discs the machine just wont recognize it for some reason, so i flashed the bios to upgrade it to 1.40 and it has not helped, i have not replaced any boards or anything , just the hard drive a month ago and it loaded windows just fine, I am at a loss here and i need my laptop to work for work related reason's the only thing the tech told me was something about the DMI, can i do this myself, i am computer proficent just not laptop specific. ANY IDEAS?

Thanks,

Mike

There is an DMI update available for almost every Laptop ever built by TOSHiBA. It will eliminate the W R O N G M A C H I N E message.

Here's the thread which explains it plus download link

http://forums.laptopvideo2go.com/index.php?showtopic=7011

Guest Mapleleafs6768

Much appreciated had a bit of a hard time creating the disc as i has winzip on my comp and it kept opening the .iso file , but after a few wrongly burned discs i learned a few things today, I will make sure to recommend this site to my friends :)