LaptopVideo2Go Forums

v81.84 XP 32bit | NV

Kamika007z

After a revamp, I think I have this sorted now.

I can get everyting to work as it should (OGL and D3D)

The Quadro settings should also be sorted.

If I had a $ for every reboot these last couple of days, I would be a rich man.

I should now be able to add to these drivers to find more perfomance tweaks.

Current performance version is 30.97b, all feedback welcomed.

New thread started for Performance/Quadro enhancements look here : http://forums.laptopvideo2go.com/index.php?showtopic=7972

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mobilenvidia

• terror_adagio

• Maier

• Kamika007z

Welcome, I've started this back up from a very long absence.

These are my own tweaks I've added, there are only tweaks that enhance performance and/or Quality.

These drivers also have some Quadro features enabled that are normally disabled.

Together with the above you'll be rendering faster than ever.

Once these drivers are installed there is no need to play with the display properties as the INF will set all bits to maximum perfromance.

:: DOWNLOAD & x-click-but21.gif

This and all other drivers available at LaptopVideo2Go are 7-zipped and come as a self-extracting archive for your convenience. We take care that your download time/traffic is minimized by compressing the driver in an optimized way.

Please donate if you find what we do useful and would like to help us pay for hosting these files nto the future.

32bit Performance tweaked INF with Quadro enhancements is here : http://laptopvideo2go.com/infs/80series/81...rf/nv4_disp.inf

64bit Performance tweaked INF with Quadro enhancements is here : http://laptopvideo2go.com/infs/80series/81...rf/nv4_disp.inf

I have removed the perfornance INFs from this thread, to stop confusion between the 2.

With the quality issue, there might be a slight IQ drop, not really tested.

Give it a whirl for your self.

Installed fine and D3D and OGL work. :)

Haven't tested performance yet.

Will be good to see your results :)

Gained 1-2 FPS in 3DMark 2003.

Thank you, the new ones seem to work so far

I can get to the control panel to load my profiles and overclock the chip (slightly)

I'll check performance in WoW in a bit

Nightfox

installed w/ 30.97b w/out any problems. i switched aa, af, IQ, and vsync to app ctrl, app ctrl, quality, and app ctrl respectively.

scored 0.7 fps LESS in the css vst compared to 30.97 "stock". colors were also a little off. all the textures seemed more blue.

i've gone back to the stock inf

installed w/ 30.97b w/out any problems. i switched aa, af, IQ, and vsync to app ctrl, app ctrl, quality, and app ctrl respectively.

scored 0.7 fps LESS in the css vst compared to 30.97 "stock". colors were also a little off. all the textures seemed more blue.

i've gone back to the stock inf

Hulk, my INF changes all those to be 'off', your over riding my settings.

The INF was made for pure speed, benchmarking or squeezing every FPS out of a game (for those with older GPU's)

I'll work on a Quality enhanced INF as well, I have some tricks here as well.

If this driver crashes on install it will be most likely due to AGP Fast writes being forced on or AGP Sideband Addressing being forced on (or both)

I disable SBA in my normal INFs for the very reason above as some may experience problems.

You can look inside the INF and disable either or both then reinstall.

This will only affect a small percentage of people, as many as the perfomance increase (5%)

Remember this INF is for Benchmarking, Quality will MOST likely be down a touch.

Enjoy, and watch out for the VP (Video Police) as they are on patrol for speeders :)

Thank you, the new ones seem to work so far

I can get to the control panel to load my profiles and overclock the chip (slightly)

I'll check performance in WoW in a bit

Nightfox

Nightfox can you do some OGL testing, Maya, 3DMax etx

I may add the Quadro only tweaks to the std INF.

But some tests to make sure they don't cause problems are needed first.

OK ? :) these are my performance tweaks.

I havn't started on my Quality ones yet, good to hear, gives me incentive to do so sooner :) `

Right a choice of INFs to choose from now.

This INF has quality enhancements added, you shouldn't need to do anything other than just install and run your favourite game.

This INF may give a slightly slower performance but the quality should be noticably better.

This INF has Anitalias and Anosotropic Filtering etc enabled.

The Quadro settings are exactly the same as the Performance INF.

These will probably get added to the standard INF as well.

:: DOWNLOAD & x-click-but21.gif

This and all other drivers available at LaptopVideo2Go are 7-zipped and come as a self-extracting archive for your convenience. We take care that your download time/traffic is minimized by compressing the driver in an optimized way.

Please donate if you find what we do useful and would like to help us pay for hosting these files nto the future.

32bit Quality enhanced tweaked INF with Quadro enhancements is here : http://laptopvideo2go.com/infs/80series/81...rf/nv4_disp.inf

64bit Quality enhanced tweaked INF with Quadro enhancements is here : http://laptopvideo2go.com/infs/80series/81...rf/nv4_disp.inf

Enjoy.

My black screen @ startup is fixed. But the performance is 1/4 of my normal scores, so i'm back to the 81.33 driver :)

No alas not, they have the same tweaks, but these are set to maximum Quaility

You can't really have both at once, then it becomes a compromise.

My standard INF uses nVidia's default settings which should fall between these both.

so not the best quality or performance.

Guest speaker
No alas not, they have the same tweaks, but these are set to maximum Quaility

You can't really have both at once, then it becomes a compromise.

My standard INF uses nVidia's default settings which should fall between these both.

so not the best quality or performance.

Thanks for the explaination- I tried all three inf's, my 6800 ultra does the best with your performance INF. I'm really happy with that one :)

Are these Tweaks are no hidden tweak? I mean you made it for people doesn't know much the nVIDIA control panel right?

I mean Pre-Tweak for (lazing people)

Are these Tweaks are no hidden tweak? I mean you made it for people doesn't know much the nVIDIA control panel right?

I mean Pre-Tweak for (lazing people)

That is basically right, most of the tweaks can be achieved with the Control Panel.

There are hidden tweaks as well in there, especially the Quality INF.

I though this would be good for the newbie, where all the work is done for them.

Looks like they update the same driver set to include a couple more video card support:

Update October 6, 2005: Updated driver kits to include support for GeForce FX 5900XT and GeForce FX 5900ZT which were left out

BETA driver to support the availability of the game Black and White 2

Mixed vendor support for NVIDIA SLI

Performance enhancements for Dual-core CPUs

PureVideo high definition de-interlacing support

Usability enhancements when connecting to an HDTV

For a full list of known issues please view the Release Notes

Microsoft® DirectX® 9.0c and OpenGL® 2.0 support

Does enabling Triple Buffer in CP lower performance or increase it?

I've heard it lowers because it uses more RAM or something?

It does use some video RAM, which can slightly lower OGL performance, but not by much. Just a few frames, which few gamers would ever notice.

It only affects OGL games. It doesn't affect D3D at all.