LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Getting poor performance

Griff

I downloaded the 67.42 driver for my GeForce FX go 5650 off of the site awhile ago and I've had pretty good performance all around and in games (mostly CS:Condition Zero). Lately my framerate has been dropping dramatically, usually it's around 100 fps constantly, but lately it's been dropping down to about 30 fps in places I've gotten 100... I havn't really done anything to my machine to make this dramatic change, so I have no idea why it's performaing this way...

As for the NVIDIA settings: I have Performance set at max, Antialiasing at 2Q, Anisotropic off, Vert. Sync. off, and no clocking. When I look at a wall I'm at around 100 fps, but once I turn toward the map, it drops..

Sorry if my setting details are bad. Please help me out, I'm tired of getting poor performance..

Edited by Griff

Try the 82.10 Dell driver using the INF already in the driver.

(you can even unzip it and just run the installer if you want, I would recomend the have disk method though)

And make sure everything is turned down, up top you say you have AA on, turn that off, and make a game profile and turn it off for CS.

I hope your not getting this problem. http://forums.laptopvideo2go.com/index.php?showtopic=6515

Probably aren't, I don't think any Dell users are affected.

Could be a CS bug.

Edited by Bill

I'll have to try out the 82.10. Something wierd did happen to me twice now using the 67.42 driver. I restarted my computer and the screen res. was set at 640 X 480 and color at low (16 bit) and it woudln't let me change it back to 1280 X 800 and high(32 bit). It listed that I had the GeForce, but the Nvidia options were no where to be found, it was also listed in Device Manager. It's almost like the drivers got messed up or something, so I uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers and it fixed the issue. This doesn't say that the problem won't arise again since it happened twice now.

I also tried out the Omega drivers, but they gave me worse performance in-game, even when they were set at performance settings..

Is there anything I should do to test out my card. I've never played with benchmarking, should I test a few drivers and post the results or something? It just fascinates me that people have like a 64mb card while I have a 128 mb card and they can run a lot smoother than me, even at higher resolutions.. Is there something I'm missing here?

Edited by Griff

I grabbed the 82.10 driver and the performance modded INF and it seems to be helping quite a bit. I'm still curious about my question in my last post.. But yeah thanks for the help on finding a driver.

Could it be under the clock frequency settings? I know that when I installed new drivers, it would switch this down to to No Overclocking, and in effect slow the card down. If you change it to Manual Overclocking, and the select 3D performance, and then set the speeds to the default settings for your card, you should be running back at normal speed. (In effect not overclocking, despite the fact that you are setting it to that option).

Actually, with this new 82.10 driver I don't even see the option to over-clock. I've looked all over the nvidia control panel and the display settings, but no over-clocking page... Any help would be appreciated.

Actually, with this new 82.10 driver I don't even see the option to over-clock. I've looked all over the nvidia control panel and the display settings, but no over-clocking page... Any help would be appreciated.

Your using the Dell INF right?

http://forums.laptopvideo2go.com/index.php?showtopic=5786

Check that page out. :)