LaptopVideo2Go Forums

v87.15 Vista 32bit | NV

mobilenvidia

I'm beginning to wonder if nVidia is checking which GPU's are being installed.

I tried that as well with no luck eihter, the system just BSODs on every reboot.

No way of uninstalling drivers as the 'Add/remove appps' is not reachable in safe mode.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mobilenvidia

• Chris Wheeler

• Bill

• ErikTheRed

I can't get this driver to work at all on my laptop either. If I use the driver with the modded inf i get the "A problem was encountered while attempting to add the driver to the store." error. I tried adding the line for my Go 6600 in the stock .inf and that didn't work either. It installed but when i rebooted i had no display, so i had to remove it thru safe mode. Just thought I'd add my attempt.

I have managed to get the stock inf to install on vista 5308. Im using go 6600. Wut i did is install the stock drivers manually and when asked to choose from a list of which card to install, just select ur card and it should work.

Just tried the same as above - have disk, uncheck the 'show compatible hardware' and choose the desktop version of the card, then clicked yes to the warning that it might not be compatible and rebooted... to my suprise it works fine :)

Geforce FX 5600 :)

On my desktop with a GF3 all I get is that error in 5308, it never will install, no matter what card I select it seems. :)

On the bright side I am posting this from Vista OVER remote desktop connection from my xp laptop.

So something works right atleast.

Guest Pistenko

Forcing an install on my Go 6600 (specifying the desktop GPU 6600) does work kinda, but the it breaks Desktop Composition (Desktop Window Manager - DWM). AeroGlass is working on windows etc, but no Flip3D (win + tab) or Flip Feature (alt + tab)

Pieter your INF is the problem here.

It will not install selecting GF3 (or anything else) from your INF, but it will install from the one in the driver. (can select anything)

I copied and pasted the 2 GF3 specific lines into the inf in the driver and it did install.

Now I'm crossing my fingures for the glass....

Edit: Installs this way but card won't "start."

It looks like we're doomed, unless you have a GPU that is in the list the driver won't work.

I can get the driver to install, but upon reboot BSODs (with Vista Black Screen Of Death)

No way of uninstalling the above driver either, need to install another driver over the top to get rid of it.

Or the driver installs but the driver can't start error comes up.

So frustrating.

Next thing to try is one of the older driver just to get something to work.

My desktop is painfully slow with no working driver.

86.70 is also a no go, even though this did work with build 5270 :)

Guest Pistenko

Sounds like there simply is no support for GPU's lower than 6x00.

We really need to fix you a new laptop Peiter. Vista wont be designed for gf2 & gf3 stuff anyhow :)

85.05 works perfectly on build 5308 using a 6600 GO. Flid3D and Flip working also.

Anyone got a working driver for a Geforce Go 7400???

Everything i tried ended up in this ###### Black Screen of Death and the Standard VGA Driver is crap:(

Try forcing an install, any desktop GPU will do they are all the same.

I for the life of can't get this any driver with any trick to work with this build.

I also have a 7400 (I'm a different guest :) ), and desktop GPUs don't seem to work. I've tried.

Could somebody with a Go 7800 (and thus NVidia support) ask NVidia to release the mobile drivers? They release Go 7800 ones (it may be 7800 GTX only, I'm not sure). Anyway, those drivers they release work fine.

To the other guest with a 7400: you can at least install the XP drivers. That'll get you a proper resolution, and get rid ofthe lag, but no glass or anything.

As i posted earlier, i do have it working on 5308 with a Geforce Go FX 5600... using the desktop driver from the original 87.15 driver... not modded at all...

As i posted earlier, i do have it working on 5308 with a Geforce Go FX 5600... using the desktop driver from the original 87.15 driver... not modded at all...

I have a 5200Go running the same way. The only problem is there is no aero glass, and some kinda overlay glitch causing videos played using overlay to show up incredibly green.

Glass works ok for me, but no winkey+tab 'flip' effect... and also some of the games are a bit glitchy on the graphics... i'm not sure if thats due to them being beta, or the gfx drivers... video playback seems fine...

The 87.15 driver must have been added to windows update, because that's where i got it to install from. Apparently my Go 6600 isn't good enough to run Glass or the other cool effects. Or at least they aren't enabling on their own.

The only driver that works for my GeForce Go 6800 is a standard non WDDM-stock driver: 7.3.2.0, unfortunely with no glass-effects at all. Otherwise I'm getting a"Windows has stopped this device because it reported problems (code 43)."-error shown in the device manager. I also tried the WDDM-6800 desktop an "Go"-versions with no success. :)

spyro

The only driver that works for my GeForce Go 6800 is a standard non WDDM-stock driver: 7.3.2.0, unfortunely with no glass-effects at all. Otherwise I'm getting a"Windows has stopped this device because it reported problems (code 43)."-error shown in the device manager. I also tried the WDDM-6800 desktop an "Go"-versions with no success. :)

spyro

I have the same error with al the drivers from 85 to the 87 drivers. Hope there will be a solution soon

Sounds like there simply is no support for GPU's lower than 6x00.

We really need to fix you a new laptop Peiter. Vista wont be designed for gf2 & gf3 stuff anyhow :)

85.05 works perfectly on build 5308 using a 6600 GO. Flid3D and Flip working also.

Doesn't work with my Go 6800 (with glass). Did you install the standard-driver or the wddm-version? Did you use a modified driver?

spyro

Guest Pistenko
Doesn't work with my Go 6800 (with glass). Did you install the standard-driver or the wddm-version? Did you use a modified driver?

spyro

I grabbed the driver and modded inf from here and installed. No problems whatsoever. Install just fine on my 6600 Go laptop.

I grabbed the driver and modded inf from here and installed. No problems whatsoever. Install just fine on my 6600 Go laptop.

Sorry for bothering again, but - I don't get it. Which driver exactly did you use? WDDM oder non-WDDM?

spyro

Guest Guest

I have a Geforce GO 6800. All things I tried to have a driver that enables Aero in Vista failed. Do you have a method to enable Aero effects with a Geforce GO 6800 ?

Thanks

Guest ZaForD

Hi Guys, I've been following this thread, trying to get my VAIO VGN-S5XP [Go 6400 w/TC] to use Aero.

And i thought i'd add some info, i've discovered by messing around with it:

1. OTB drivers [77.42] work, but no WDDM, on Int. or Ext. [LCD] monitor.

2. Modifed .inf [87.15] errors on install.

3. Forcing the "6200 w/TC (WDDM)" drivers to install, Black Screens the Int. monitor, but works with full WDDM on the Ext.

Could this mean the "Black Screen" problem has something to do with the Int. monitors ?

Not the GPU's or Drivers ?

I hope this info is of some help, and thanks for all your help and tips.

Guest spyro
3. Forcing the "6200 w/TC (WDDM)" drivers to install, Black Screens the Int. monitor, but works with full WDDM on the Ext. Could this mean the "Black Screen" problem has something to do with the Int. monitors ?

Not the GPU's or Drivers ?

Hi ZaForD,

have you tried to switch the order of the primary and secondary display on the "nview"-tab of your grafic-configuration? Maybe you've a rendering problem within your overlay

And where exactly did you find that "6200 w/TC (WDDM)"-driver for your device?

spyro