LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Drivers for a Dell M170 with 6800 ultra

DeaconSix

I have recently purchased a Dell M170 with a 6800 ultra. As everyone knows, dell is crap about putting drivers out that arnt 2 years old. I am having issues with getting stable drivers to run games smoothly like Battlefield 2 and dungeons and dragons online. I know i can get more out of it. Currently, the most stable drivers i have, are the 77.70 i got off of Guru of 3D. I tried the 84.21 with pieters mod INI's, but it created a ton of instability in battlefield 2, and alot of operating system hangups.

Does anyone have this type of laptop/vidcard combo, and what are the best/most stable drivers/INIs they have found?

thanks in advance

Edited by DeaconSix

Have you tried 84.30 a driver from Dell for the go6800 ?

Try 81.98 also a very stable driver for most.

84.30 from dell. i have not seen it. can u tell me from where to download it. Thankyou.

84.30 from dell. i have not seen it. can u tell me from where to download it. Thankyou.

:) LOL

Dell website

Support

Download driver

Select type and model

Select Windows XP

Select Graphic driver

I have looked on Dells web site, for the download for the M170 6800 video drivers (and 7800) and the only drivers they ahve are from like september of last year (they are like 78's or something). How do i find a dell release for the 6800 v 84.3

EDIT: Is this what your talking about? if so, do i need to use the mod .INF?

http://forums.laptopvideo2go.com/index.php?showtopic=9425

thanks

Edited by DeaconSix

There is not a driver out there we havn't got so there is no need to look at Dell to find drivers.

Chances are well host them here.

Yes the link above is correct, try it with out a modded INF first as you machine might be supported.

There is not a driver out there we havn't got so there is no need to look at Dell to find drivers.

Chances are well host them here.

Yes the link above is correct, try it with out a modded INF first as you machine might be supported.

Will do, and thanks again for the response

Guest Hoopajoo

I have an xps2 as well and I had to add custom resolutions so as not to have distorted display ratios.

1440x900, 1680x1050, and 1920x1200.

Do so in the nvidia graphics properties under "screen resolution and refresh rates" > add custom resolution.

I have an xps2 as well and I had to add custom resolutions so as not to have distorted display ratios.

1440x900, 1680x1050, and 1920x1200.

Do so in the nvidia graphics properties under "screen resolution and refresh rates" > add custom resolution.

what drivers do you use? and what vid card do you have? still having bad driver issues

• 2 months later...

Wow i wish you would come back and tell me if you fixed your problem....

I'm in the exact same boat as you....have the same system....

Did you ever work it out and find one that worked? And if so could you please tell me where you got it :)

BTW Fabrice ....Dell doesn't have that 84.30 on any of their websites....

BTW Fabrice ....Dell doesn't have that 84.30 on any of their websites....

Here is the link to the Dell 6800 Go 84.30 driver...

Edited by Fabrice Roux