LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Interactual DVD playback problem!

fishboner7

This is happening to me for a long time. Whenever i try to play a dvd using Interactual, for special features, it gives an error. But i soon realised tht this was because the drivers werent digitally signed. I downloaded drivers from the dell website and then tried it. there were no errors and it worked perfectly. now the other problem is tht the drivers from delll are very old. games dont work tht nicely on the old drivers. I want to ask some to show me a link to a signed driver which would work on Dell XPS GEN 2 Nvidia Geforce GO 6800 ultra. and please make sure they are nealry current drivers.

i even tried witht he modded infs. they dont work. so please help. thanx.

Drivers signing is PURE BS... I doubt you encounter a lot of problems with games using Dell 84.30 drivers. I use it everyday on my laptop and run into no issues.

In short version: USE DELL OFFICIAL DRIVERS 84.30

Drivers signing is PURE BS... I doubt you encounter a lot of problems with games using Dell 84.30 drivers. I use it everyday on my laptop and run into no issues.

In short version: USE DELL OFFICIAL DRIVERS 84.30

I tied 84.30. they are for Geforce g0 6800 only. not for ultra. any other drivers.

Download the 84.30 + modded INF from this page it will allow you to install the driver on your PC.

Read the FAQ if you don't know the steps of installing the driver + modded INF.

Edited by Fabrice Roux

I tried it. doesnt work. i need a signed driver. hope any one could help.

What Fabrice is saying is that the fact that the driver is not digitally signed doesn't matter at all. It's probably some weird driver issue and you just need to try a few to see what works.

I tried it. doesnt work. i need a signed driver. hope any one could help.

I repeat... DRIVER SIGNING IS PURE bulls***... in fact it's so pure of s*** that I'd rather install an unsigned driver from nVidia than ANYTHING signed that comes from Creative or ATI.

If you REALLY want a "signed" driver... stick with Dell official for your machine 78.xx something. You won't see a lot of games issues with those.

The problem is not woth the games. It is with interactual player. tht is making the problems. i cant watch the extras for the movies that are supported by that. One more thing. does half life epsiode 1 support geforce go 6800 ultra.

One more thing. does half life epsiode 1 support geforce go 6800 ultra.

Of course it does... Hell, I played through it on a go 5600.

And if you have always had problems getting to extras, I highly doubt that it is a problem with video drivers.

What does this error that you get say?

Edited by smax

You stated that you have issues with games that made you upgrade your driver to something more uptodate... now you say that games are OK. :)

Which games give you hard time/lower frame rates?

Why don't you use a REAL SOFTWARE DVD player to access those DVD addons? Not compatible with regular players?