LaptopVideo2Go Forums

v185.20 Windows Vista 32bit | NVIDIA

mobilenvidia

Since I realized that not all entries are needed for enabling PowerMizer (at least on my Laptop), I just added* PowerMizerEnable = 1 and PerfLevelSrc = 0x3333 and it works perfectly in Battery and AC Mode (screw PowerMizerLevel etc :) )/quote]

Thank you for the good Tip, now it's working perfect.:-)

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• zipper

• nViable

• Diman

• Doomer

Top Posters In This Topic

YES!!!!!!!!! THESE FINALLY LET ME OVERCLOCK!!! Ever since 169.04, I've never been able to o/c my 8400M GS, so happy right now!

Thanks for modding the inf

Install perfectly with Physx support. In game (WiC) they crash before I get chance to do anything. Not a good set for me. I was hoping these would be the first drivers since 174.16 that don't do this to my notebook. If any one has any ideas as to what the hell is causing this I would be greatful.

Is it running better than v179.13? A benchmark would be appreciated.

Did you face IE crashing or graphic issues when alt tabbing games?

Thank you

The only benchmarks I use are the ones found in games. In WiC and Company of Heroes the benchmark was substantially better than with drivers 179.13. But the crashing is not acceptable, so I have reverted back to the drivers that do work. (174.16 for me, a long way back I know but at least it works; performance improvements are useless if you can't play the games).

These drivers (185.20) work very well in windows, no problems at all. Alt:Tab presents no problems and there are no graphical glitches in IE. If they would work well in games I would keep them.

Guest PresenceOfMind
The only benchmarks I use are the ones found in games. In WiC and Company of Heroes the benchmark was substantially better than with drivers 179.13. But the crashing is not acceptable, so I have reverted back to the drivers that do work. (174.16 for me, a long way back I know but at least it works; performance improvements are useless if you can't play the games).

These drivers (185.20) work very well in windows, no problems at all. Alt:Tab presents no problems and there are no graphical glitches in IE. If they would work well in games I would keep them.

I would suggest you to try v179.13. They are very good indeed. Good performance at low temp. The only problem I have is IE crashing from time to time after Alt:Tab from a game. But FireFox doesn't seems to be affected by that.

NVidia has released a 179.28(with the same IE issue) that doesn't run as good as 179.13. They have some slowdown issues when rendering specific shaders(including on WOW).

I've noticed another person with WOW errors. Not acceptable.

I will wait for the next 18* driver. I still have the feeling that this new line of drivers are not ready yet.

Thank you

--------------------

Dell M1730, M8800GTX SLI

Standy is working with these drivers, but I have less 3DMark06 score than the 179.28

Also works without modded inf

Edited by gtnrkt

I would suggest you to try v179.13. They are very good indeed. Good performance at low temp. The only problem I have is IE crashing from time to time after Alt:Tab from a game. But FireFox doesn't seems to be affected by that.

Already tried those drivers. Same issue for me crashes after a non specific time with no sign of overheating. Thanks for the reply though.

wierd thing... it happend to me before with otehrdrivers but dont remeber wich one...

when i try to install them i can see the broger bar stopping at the middle, than it starts to go to the end but when it finishes i can see the ''instalation succes'' or sth liek this but NO DRIVERS were installed, none, null, zero, nada :)

i did cleaned my pc from old drievrs, also tried cleaning in safe mode, also tried have disk method but than, whe n iselect the directory of 185.20 it shows ''error ocured, njo file was found'' :)

i did used modded inf...

any1 knows why it can be like this?

for now im back to 180.84.1.Dox

Is powermizer not working for anyone else?

Seems to be set at full speed all the time. Must check if there's anything in the registry.

When I try to install these with modded infs through the device manager method, it ends up telling me the drivers aren't compatible with vista, any help???

Edited by Raul_Fury

this driver is awful i don't understand those who said it works better in GTA IV, yes they are stable, yes they are not overheating but in term of performance they're crap. Maybe it's just me but here is what i get :

179.28 --->185.20

stress temps : 77--->67 (ok well)

3Dmarks06 : 6059--->5638 (crappy crappy crappy !)

GTA IV 1024*768 : 33---->29 average fps (crappy....)

9600M GT users if your results differ please let me know then.

Guest Octopus
Bad performances for me too: loss of 3 FPS in GTA IV compared with 180.84

Toshiba X200:

-C2D T7500

-8700m gt

-4 Go DDR2

Same for me.

T5800 (slow cpu) , 9600m gt ddr2 @ 620/1550/550 from 5605 3dm06 to 5348

Also slowdown in gta iv at least 3fps

Replaced the 'old' 180.84 Dox modded...

Hope this helps!

I got performance drop from 1.0% to 2.6% when installed with modified inf compared to original inf - that's the first time such happens, so far it has been visa versa.

Well Seems i'm not the only one who got performance issues...I'm sick of those s***ty drivers first 181 now 185.20 and where the hell do they come from ????? they didn't deserve the name of "new" drivers....i saw somewhere 185.20 was optimised for windows seven well maybe it explains its crappy results on Vista. Thanx all for your feedback !

Still has sleep issue like all 18x.x with M1530 (8600M GT), went back to official notebook drivers.