• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• F3nNec

• Andrew55

• andy1992

• Odellus

Thank you very much for the tests...

With mt aspire 9412WSMI (GO 7300) I cannot overclock above 459/810... is there an option in rivatuner allowing to unlock overclock limitations?

cheers.

Romain.

yeah, u must in Rivatuner power user settings set this: Rivatuner\Overclocking\Global

DisableClockTest (1) Happy Overclocking! :)

Thank you for the tip... but it doesn't seem to work for me... Rivatuner monitoring still goes up to 459/810, not above...

:)

Romain.

maybe problem is in rivatuner monitoring, who knows :) i have OC 500-860, but rivatuner monitoring shows me 500.73-864 :) (maybe its a glitch)

yeah u 2 :) , btw i have a week end every day! :)

yeah u 2 :) , btw i have a week end every day! :)

Lucky you! I don't have a week-end every week...

:P

very interesting data, andthanks for taking the time to test.

I hope I find enough time to contribute some testing on my own Go7300 on Toshiba.

A question : do you use the modded infs from this site for each forceware release, or do you tweak them yourself ?

If you do, I'd like to have a look at your infs.

Mine is here :

http://forums.laptopvideo2go.com/index....ost&id=1754

thanks

envydyauser

very interesting data, andthanks for taking the time to test.

I hope I find enough time to contribute some testing on my own Go7300 on Toshiba.

A question : do you use the modded infs from this site for each forceware release, or do you tweak them yourself ?

If you do, I'd like to have a look at your infs.

Mine is here :

http://forums.laptopvideo2go.com/index....ost&id=1754

thanks

envydyauser

thx for lookin at them! (results) :rofl:

about question: i use my own version INF file,

i just delete N/A graphic cards from it,

its a original INF from last WHQL driver for my Go 7300 (156.87), and i just always add date of driver, nothing more (i attached those 2 INFs :P

i dont use LaptopVideo2Go modified INFs, coz i have strange merging lines on desktop with it :P

this w33k, i add 3DMark03 results, so be prepared 4 them! :) cheers!

(about attached INFs: first iz my modified version, second original INF(156.87), 2 of them r x64 so aware :)

(about attached INFs: first iz my modified version, second original INF(156.87)

Lucky you : Toshiba's drivers for XP for my model are stuck at 84.68. They got Vista drivers to 156.16, but have not budged on XP.

I'm running 163.75, will test with this before bumping up to 174.16. I think I'll skip 169 series entirely.

thanks

envydyauser

Lucky you : Toshiba's drivers for XP for my model are stuck at 84.68. They got Vista drivers to 156.16, but have not budged on XP.

I'm running 163.75, will test with this before bumping up to 174.16. I think I'll skip 169 series entirely.

thanks

envydyauser

why u can't use this? 174.31 Win XP 32-bit

its latest WHQL driver for mobile NVIDIA GeForce Go 6,7,8,9 series, im sure it will work with ur Toshiba 2 :)

u can install it with no modified INF, coz its official

try it! cheers! :)

Edited by F3nNec

• 3 weeks later...

Hello and sorry for the radio silence.

I finally got around to doing some testing. I tested with 163.75 WHQL Forceware being quite confident I had a good driver.

Notice I did not overclock but let me keep yout formatting for easier comparison. Here goes :

My system:

Toshiba Satellite A100-991

intel Core2Duo T5200 1.60 GHz FSB 533MHz 2MB L2

2048 MB DDR2 RAM

NVIDIA GeForce Go 7300 256MB RAM TurboCache

Windows XP Pro SP2[/b]

Comparison table:

3DMark06

default settings: Resolution 1280x800,Anti-Aliasing: None, Filtering: Optimal

163.75(350-700)=362 3DMarks

updated :

174.31(350-700)=687 3DMarks >>> with default inf

174.31(350-700)=753 3DMarks >>> with my own inf !!!

163.75 was from nvidia's site with my modded inf, 174.31 was from here, with its own inf which I didn't touch.

Even though I'm not a gamer, i'm amazed at this speed difference. I will now try to pinpoint any speed differences in video playback / acceleration.

So thank you for the tip !!

cheers

envydyauser

------------------------------------------------------

update

I'm amazed that with a same Forceware version we can get such large differences in scores.

Also, I added to my inf the lines from the modded inf concerning HDTV, and preliminary results show dramatically better video playback performance.

Is this something you tested, fennec ?

cheers

envydyauser

Edited by envydyauser

I finally got around to doing some testing. I tested with 163.75 WHQL Forceware being quite confident I had a good driver.

Notice I did not overclock but let me keep yout formatting for easier comparison. Here goes :

My system:

2048 MB DDR2 RAM

Windows XP Pro SP2[/b]

Comparison table:

3DMark06

174.31(350-700)=687 3DMarks

163.75 was from nvidia's site with my modded inf, 174.31 was from here, with its own inf which I didn't touch.

Even though I'm not a gamer, i'm amazed at this speed difference. I will now try to pinpoint any speed differences in video playback / acceleration.

cheers

envydyauser

4 nothing! i am glad i help u! :)

My system:

2048 MB DDR2 RAM

Windows XP Pro SP2[/b]

Comparison table:

3DMark06

updated :

174.31(350-700)=687 3DMarks >>> with default inf

174.31(350-700)=753 3DMarks >>> with my own inf !!!

cheers

envydyauser

------------------------------------------------------

update

I'm amazed that with a same Forceware version we can get such large differences in scores.

Also, I added to my inf the lines from the modded inf concerning HDTV, and preliminary results show dramatically better video playback performance.

Is this something you tested, fennec ?

cheers

envydyauser

yeah, maybe its it =)

• 3 weeks later...

thank you alot...

:) but I couldn't find that 165.42 for vista?

thank you alot...

:) but I couldn't find that 165.42 for vista?

ups, there's no 165.42 for Vista, sry

Edited by F3nNec

added 174.93 - not good driver

Edited by F3nNec

• 3 weeks later...

added 175.51

Edited by F3nNec

• 4 weeks later...

Hi, sorry for this guys, but i am a noob, and this page has really helped me alot in knowing what driver to get... my the looks of it , i want the 165.42. problem is, i have no idea how to get the inf or what to do with it or anything. I'm completely lost, could maybe one of you guys just help me out briefly? i would love to know so i can be independent in future. i have an Acer Aspire 9420 with geforce 7300 go like f3c3c's (thanks for all the tests by the way :) ) i am running it on XP Home edition, i am most stuck on finding the inf and modifying it to optimize the gfx card, i am really stuck and nomatter how people put it, i can never do it, could somehelp help me make one or maybe even make one for me? (if that isn't too hard)

Thanks in advance!

---Haedos

Hi, sorry for this guys, but i am a noob, and this page has really helped me alot in knowing what driver to get... my the looks of it , i want the 165.42. problem is, i have no idea how to get the inf or what to do with it or anything. I'm completely lost, could maybe one of you guys just help me out briefly? i would love to know so i can be independent in future. i have an Acer Aspire 9420 with geforce 7300 go like f3c3c's (thanks for all the tests by the way :) ) i am running it on XP Home edition, i am most stuck on finding the inf and modifying it to optimize the gfx card, i am really stuck and nomatter how people put it, i can never do it, could somehelp help me make one or maybe even make one for me? (if that isn't too hard)

Thanks in advance!

---Haedos

for modified INFs for 165.42 luk at 1.st page :)

cheerz! :P

Edited by F3nNec

do u have modded inf for 165.42 for go 7300 its not there on this sites driver page

update: added modified INFs 4 165.42 x64 and x64

just l00k at my previous post and u find it! :) cheerz!

update: added modified INFs 4 165.42 x64 and x64

just l00k at my previous post and u find it! :) cheerz!

Man! you kick arse :P you got my drivers :rofl:

do you think that is the best driver for me to use? i know that the 1st post with the test results says it is but do you reccomend it? it won't run Age of conan,( well it does, but crappily) but i still want to make sure it can run most things

Thankee :P

:P

Man! you kick arse :thumbsup: you got my drivers :(

do you think that is the best driver for me to use? i know that the 1st post with the test results says it is but do you reccomend it? it won't run Age of conan,( well it does, but crappily) but i still want to make sure it can run most things

Thankee :thumbsup:

yes,i recommend 165.42. i am using it for 4 months with no problemo

about driver: it iz very good, runs all games i play :) (css,doom 3, stalker,...) I think, itz Teh best driver for 7300 ( just find better :P

i try 2 w8 for 18x.xx and 19x.xx driversz, then see ^

about Conan: itz a Unreal 3 engine, i tried UT3 and Bioshock, with good settings it runs fine :) anyway 7300 iz low-budget grafix, so don't expect 2 much ( but it suprise me, how good grafix it iz :rofl: )

mei b I help, so cheerz!

Update: added 169.96

Edited by F3nNec