LaptopVideo2Go Forums

v96.85 VISTA 64bit RC2 and higher | NV

®®®

drv_forceware.gif  nVIDIA ForceWare 96.85 for Windows VISTA 64bit (x64) RC2 and higher

drv_inf.gifModded INF | drv_quickstart.gifQuickstart Guide

Operating System: Windows Vista (x64)

Driver Version: 96.85 (9.6.8.5)

Driver Date: 2006-10-09

Driver Size: 19.024.247 bytes

Driver Released by: NV

MS WHQL Certificate: True

Setup Files Included: True

International Files: True

New Control Panel: True

Mobile Support: n/a

Comments

No comments.

Changelog/Release Notes

ISSUES RESOLVED
  • Bottom-field-first interlaced WMV playback shows corruption.
  • Color range is reversed in YUV to RGB, resulting in a lack of full color in videos.
  • GeForce 7 Series: When booting with a DVI connection, there is no display.
  • GeForce 7900 GTX: World of Warcraft renders only a stretched version of 2 or 1 quadrants of the screen with application antialiasing enabled.
  • GeForce 7300 GT/7600 GT: When playing videos using Windows Media Player 11, there is a green bar at the bottom of the video.
  • GeForce 6600: NVIDIA Control PanelClone and Dualview mode options are available even though only one display is connected.
  • Workstation: Maya 8.0 - 8.5B1 - Objects which are deselected cannot be reselected.

Documents

Support

Benchmarks

• GeForce FX Go5200: Here from Larry (v53.03 - current) @ Inspirion 5150
  • GeForce FX Go5700: Here from Sky-Dexter (v65.73 - v84.21) @ Area 51-M 766
  • GeForce FX Go5700: Here from zipper (v53.51 - 82.10) @ ACER 1714
  • GeForce Go 6200: Here from AJH (v70.75 - current) @ VGN-FS115M
  • GeForce Go 6600: Here from Mr.G (v84.21 - current) @ Qosmio F20-149
  • GeForce Go 6600: Here from Heazky (v71.90 - 82.10) @ Tecra S2
  • GeForce Go 6800: Here from Miki (v72.50 - current) @ AMILO 3438G
  • GeForce Go 6800: Here from zipper (v72.50 - current) @ AMILO 4438G
  • GeForce Go 7600: Here from fensterbank (v84.20 - current) @ Aspire 5652
  • GeForce Go 7800 GTX: Here from jamesd (v79.31 - current) @ D900T

Notes

All nVIDIA drivers hosted at LaptopVideo2Go.com come as a maximum compressed self-extracting 7-ZIP archive for your convenience.

Make A Donation via PayPal if you find what we do useful and would like to help us pay for hosting these files into the future.

Please post any comments, suggestions, questions and other information related to this driver in this thread.

Additionally, use of the Forum's Search function and Frequently Asked Questions section is recommended.

If you still have a general problem that is not related with this driver, please post in the Support section.

LV2Go driver thread v1.5.2

• 4 weeks later...

Ok, I'm running Vista x64 and x86 RTM putting the OS through some QA tests for work. I have found my video card (Nvidia Geforce Go 7600 with 128mb dedicated memory) drivers will install fine under RTM and I can enable the glass functions without any problems or need to tweak.

I run into problems when I run 3dmark05-06 showing terrible display corruption.

Also, running Various games in full screen will show similar display corruption.

The same thing occured in RC2 64 bit and 5840 32 bit

I've installed these and can't find a way to get the old control panel up, also used the nview program. Is it included with these? Thanks.

The texture problems you experienced I also get.

It seems DX9 is not working 100% under Vista's DX10 software.

DX8 and lower are fine.

With Control panel give nvtray ago to enable the old and new you can find the app here

The texture problems you experienced I also get.

It seems DX9 is not working 100% under Vista's DX10 software.

DX8 and lower are fine.

With Control panel give nvtray ago to enable the old and new you can find the app here

I mentioned that I tried that and no-go on trying to get the old control panel. As for the texture problems, one of my posts in the 32 bit version of these drivers actually has a fix to this. should be one of the later ones. Thanks for trying, though.

These drivers do not work at all on my x64 Ultimate RTM edition of Vista. I do have a craptacular geforce4 440 go! 64MB so maybe thats the issue but the drivers install (once I replace the inf with the modified one), however once I restart, the card is recognized in the device manager but shows a little explanation point and says (Code 43)... any ideas? :-)

These drivers do not work at all on my x64 Ultimate RTM edition of Vista. I do have a craptacular geforce4 440 go! 64MB so maybe thats the issue but the drivers install (once I replace the inf with the modified one), however once I restart, the card is recognized in the device manager but shows a little explanation point and says (Code 43)... any ideas? :-)

Ah yes the same thing I got on my GF2go.

You'll need to update to get it to work.

Ah yes the same thing I got on my GF2go.

You'll need to update to get it to work.

I'm assuming you mean that I'll need to wait for the next nvidia driver release....

and if so, when is that supposed to come cause I know ATI has been on the ball and already has their RTM out..

Some new 97.19 vista drivers are now floating around the net.... they won't work for me though because I have that geforce4 440.... anyone want to modify an inf for it :-) ???

Vista non legacy driver require at least a GeForce 5... you have a mobile GeForce 4 which is the equivalent of a desktop GeForce 2.

That means Vista will only work with the legacy driver PERIOD