LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Latest Atheros WLAN drivers for Windows 7 and Vista (x86 & x64)

mobilenvidia

Added

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mobilenvidia

• Jake_

• Pawel

• Anarion

Added 9.0.0.163

8.0.0.325 from MSUpdate. Seriously, why in the name of hell Atheros still releases these 8.0.0.x versions? Confusing.

8.0.0.325 from MSUpdate. Seriously, why in the name of hell Atheros still releases these 8.0.0.x versions? Confusing.

Why not ?

v9 is probably introducing something new.

MSUpdate site is down, just my luck.

Will grab these later.

Guest David

uhmmm... 9.0.0.125 does´t work fine with AR5005GS. The signal is very poor.

8.0.0.279 is still better.

Poor signal using v9.0.0.163 with AR5007EG. Looks like the v9 branch is only for their latest wireless chipsets. v8 works well for AR5007EG.

How do you grab new drivers from MSUpdate? I'd like to get 8.0.0.325, but Windows only recognizes my card with the v2.0.0.x drivers.

Poor signal using v9.0.0.163 with AR5007EG. Looks like the v9 branch is only for their latest wireless chipsets. v8 works well for AR5007EG.

How do you grab new drivers from MSUpdate? I'd like to get 8.0.0.325, but Windows only recognizes my card with the v2.0.0.x drivers.

Just grab them from here and install

Guest Jester

Hi,

i have a Atheros WLan Card in my Acer Aspire 532h. The Driver bevor 8.0.0.2.238 blink the LED when i have transfer a File to my Netboo. When i have no connect blinks. At the Driver up 8.0.0.238 the LED is no blinking, but is on everything. How can i change this? I like when the LED blinks when i transfer a File. I like not the LED is every time on. Please help me, thanks for all.

cu

Hi,

i have a Atheros WLan Card in my Acer Aspire 532h. The Driver bevor 8.0.0.2.238 blink the LED when i have transfer a File to my Netboo. When i have no connect blinks. At the Driver up 8.0.0.238 the LED is no blinking, but is on everything. How can i change this? I like when the LED blinks when i transfer a File. I like not the LED is every time on. Please help me, thanks for all.

cu

I have the same issue with the drivers.

My modded INF drivers blink for me, but the blink settings are bit sensitive and what works for me, may not work for you.

Took me hours to test the settings that I now have.

Have a look in the Modded driver thread

Guest Jester

I testet the netathr.inf and the netathrx.inf from the v8.0.0.171 with the v9.0.0.125 (replaced) and the LED blink wonderful, but the Driver Revision is korrekt 9.0.0.125. Please can you check the original 9.0.0.125 netathr.inf and the netathrx.inf, modify and find this for Blinking the WLan-Led. This problem is in the inf-Files.

cu

But 8.0.0.325 hasn't been uploaded to here yet.

It has now :)

Guest Jester

@mobilenvidia

I tested the Modded 9.0.0.125 Atheros Driver. It's blinking when i Transfer. Fine. Can you find the Seek WLan bling. A Second is the LED on, then a Second off. When Seek and Search is this blinking normaly. Test it with the Atheros Driver bevor 8.0.0.235 :). That's my Favorit blinking for the WLAN Led. I cannot find the Diffrent with the Problem WLan LED from 8.0.0.235 and 9.0.0.125 :)

Guest Steve

Guys I have a very strange problem...

See I bought this AR9220/AR9223 card from the Bay and... none of the drivers works on Windows 7 x86.

I tried automatic search the drivers I downloaded from this site (all v8s and v9s), Device Manager will just tell me no driver found... if I do a manual install of "AR922x", it simply errors out with a Code 10 (cannot start).

The Hardware ID for this card is:

VEN_168C DEV_0029 SUBSYS_0091106B

Any thoughts?

Guys I have a very strange problem...

See I bought this AR9220/AR9223 card from the Bay and... none of the drivers works on Windows 7 x86.

I tried automatic search the drivers I downloaded from this site (all v8s and v9s), Device Manager will just tell me no driver found... if I do a manual install of "AR922x", it simply errors out with a Code 10 (cannot start).

The Hardware ID for this card is:

VEN_168C DEV_0029 SUBSYS_0091106B

Any thoughts?

Is the card working, it might be faulty.

Uninstall drivers via device manager and tick the delete files box too.

Guest Steve

Is the card working, it might be faulty.

Uninstall drivers via device manager and tick the delete files box too.

I've actually tried uninstalling the device with driver files removal, even reinstalling Windows 7, still no go.

I'm suspecting that this card requires 5v but the MiniPCI slot in my x41t only supply up to 3.3v... I'll try the card on a different laptop tonight and see if it works.

I've actually tried uninstalling the device with driver files removal, even reinstalling Windows 7, still no go.

I'm suspecting that this card requires 5v but the MiniPCI slot in my x41t only supply up to 3.3v... I'll try the card on a different laptop tonight and see if it works.

Just had a thought. (don't worry it will pass :))

Is the x41T WLAN locked ?

or is the card you have a standard WLAN card for the x41T I do believe Lenovo whitelist (lock) certain cards.

I had the same issue with my Intel i5300 card I bought of Ebay, I bought the wrong one.

I ended up with a HP/Lenovo only card (only works for those Notebooks), I should have gotten the non locked card which I later did and it worked fine.

Guest Steve

or is the card you have a standard WLAN card for the x41T I do believe Lenovo whitelist (lock) certain cards.

I had the same issue with my Intel i5300 card I bought of Ebay, I bought the wrong one.

I ended up with a HP/Lenovo only card (only works for those Notebooks), I should have gotten the non locked card which I later did and it worked fine.

Actually I was about to find a BIOS with the whitelist check taken out and SLIC 2.1-ed ROM on the net so that's out of the question...

Guest Steve

Anyway an update on the card I got... I tried it on another laptop with 5v slot and clean installation of XP.

It sees the card, reports all the hardware ID back. However... same problem with the drivers. Doesn't matter which version I throw at it. You name it, 6, 7, even 8... Windows will say no drivers found, a forced installation simply fails.

I have a feeling that the card I got is designed for something else but being used as a client such as an AP or something.

Anyway already contacted the seller and asking for an AR5008x instead of refund.

Thanks for the drivers though! :)

Anyway an update on the card I got... I tried it on another laptop with 5v slot and clean installation of XP.

It sees the card, reports all the hardware ID back. However... same problem with the drivers. Doesn't matter which version I throw at it. You name it, 6, 7, even 8... Windows will say no drivers found, a forced installation simply fails.

I have a feeling that the card I got is designed for something else but being used as a client such as an AP or something.

Anyway already contacted the seller and asking for an AR5008x instead of refund.

Thanks for the drivers though! :)

I'm pretty sure with your above findings that it's a whitelisted card.

Same symptoms as my i5300.

Check ebay for lenovo WLAN cards, they are out there.

You may find the AR5008 will also do it

From a typical WLAN reseller:

*** Please check with manufacturer or contact me to confirm compatibility. Many HP/Compaq, IBM/Lenovo and Toshiba models will not accept third party wireless cards or may only accept a specific replacement part.

Guest Emil

The last driver for windows 7 seems to work for me... I got a D-Link DWA-547 on Windows 7 ultimate 64 bit and it freezed and stopped working after 10 mins or so, now I haven't had any of those problems for like 1 hour. ;>

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

when i try to install a wlan atheros ar5008 with driver v9.0.0.173 or v9.0.0.125 from this topic on windows 7 ultimate x64, it returns error: Code 31.

I already installed older versions from same topic, force driver by .inf and nothing, anything that i do returns error: Code 31, or to install by .exe, same error.

On device manager NIC show as: Other Devices > Unknown device.

Thnks.

Ps. My nic is that: Image

[]'s

Edited by Luis Mauricio

Hi,

when i try to install a wlan atheros ar5008 with driver v9.0.0.173 or v9.0.0.125 from this topic on windows 7 ultimate x64, it returns error: Code 31.

I already installed older versions from same topic, force driver by .inf and nothing, anything that i do returns error: Code 31, or to install by .exe, same error.

On device manager NIC show as: Other Devices > Unknown device.

Thnks.

Ps. My nic is that: Image

[]'s

What PCI_ID is showing for it in Device Manager ?