LaptopVideo2Go Forums

v163.69 Windows Vista 32bit | NVIDIA

®®®

35 members have voted

1. 1. Are you satisfied by the quality of this driver and can you recommend it for other users?

• No
    • Yes
    • Yes, even though i noticed a few bugs.

Tried these drivers with the new Quake Wars demo on a 7800 GTX go. The game doesnt seem to run very well. I dont think its the games fault though I think its because Vista is emulating DX9 and it doesnt do it very well.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ®®®

• Tankkiller

• pulverputte

• GWolfman

Install the 156.56 Drivers

http://forums.laptopvideo2go.com/index....showtopic=14837

When you go into the device display to change the resolution you need to unplug the dvi cable, and replug it untill You see the resolution fix on the 3007. At first you will have the dual split error that you get with any other driver, but pulling the dvi in and out from the laptop will glitch the drivers or something. Took me weeks to figure this out.

I am using a Macbook pro 17inch with a 8600m, and a Dell 3007. Running Team Fortress 2 at 1920x1200, and my Desktop for Vista is 2560x1600.

If you need more help, just write.

On my XPX-M1330 this doesn't do the trick, the driver recognizes and names the 3007, however when selecting this as main monitor (or dualscreen) is jumps back automaticly to the Plug & play monitor as default.

pulling and re-insterting the HDMI connector is not unlocking any additional resolutions.

The 163.67 are far more stable than these. Bioshock started boxed and i couldn't close it. I went back to 163.67 and all was well again. I also got some wierd black bar coruption upon loading vista screen during startup. This driver is buggy. Not recomended

This driver works well for me on the Quake Wars demo using the Quadro NVS 140m card. I get 30 fps steadilly throughout, with a dip to ~18 when there are several vehicles firing at the same time; not often enough to disrupt from the immersion, though. My CPU runs at 20% with 60% RAM usage, so there's room for improvement.

Thanks for the driver/ modded inf!

:)

I just successfully installed this driver on my ASUS G1. I've been looking for drivers for go 7700 so long. Thanks to you guys keep up your good works

why it says 163.71 in the nvidia control panel if i installed the 163.69 from this page???As of 2007-10-08 use updated driver.

Anybody an idea why my laptop doesn't reboot to Windows anymore after installing the driver? The screen turns black and nothing happens anymore :)

Edit: When I reboot it in safe mode, it starts up like it should (but in low resolution etc.).

Edited by Kokkie

Hi :)

Can I install this driver even though my graphics card is not listed among the supported cards? I have a GeForce 7000M.

Quick response much appreciated! :)

I just upgraded from 162.18 and my 3DMark score dropped by quite a bit.

MacBook Pro GF 8600M GT

3DMark 06 Basic

[162.18 : 4096] -> [163.69 : 3993]

Going to try the other 163.XX drivers because they are suppose to improve TF2 and Hellgate. Hope this helped some of the macbook pro users out there.

Guest Lazzaro
y, it shows in nvidia control panel that the version is 163.71, strange :?

Same behaviour for me. Any ideas ? Installed 163.69 and rivatuner reports 163.71 (also nv control panel).

Thanx

Lazzaro

(from Italy)As of 2007-10-08 use updated driver.

Thankyou thankyou thankyou.

I have a spanking new aser 5920 with dual 1.5ghz intel 2gig ram and a 8600m gt nvidia and could not get bioshock to work.

Tried a few things on this site <---didn't work.

Tried the 163.69 with modded inf.

Hurrah

Had to update with the windows hotfix for games though first.

Found a new release with an INF supporting more models, so i completely reprocessed this driver and the first post.

As of 2007-10-08 use updated driver. This driver was in fact messy before.

err...thanks for this driver update...my acer 5920G had not been gud on FIFA08,hopefully this driver can help me out...by the way,which is the download link for the updated repackaged driver?thanks!!

Added this last night on my XPS M1330, GeForce 8400M GS, small boost in performance over 163.44 but crashed several times in Settlers VI (Not a demanding game). I wouldn't recommend it for anyone with the same setup.

err...thanks for this driver update...my acer 5920G had not been gud on FIFA08,hopefully this driver can help me out...by the way,which is the download link for the updated repackaged driver?thanks!!
When we repack drivers, no links change as the pathes or filenames don't change :)

So go to first post of this thread and use the original download links.

wrong number in NV control panel (163.69) or something more (bad files, .INF, etc.)?
I checked the complete driver and did a binary compare to see which of the files changed. That's all done before the actual processing of the driver with our automated tool.

The core English-only driver was 163.71, that's why it showed in the CP 163.71

Localized and all the rest of the files were correct.

The very original file posted, was also correct, but something weird happened a couple of days ago.

Anyways the driver is ok again. First time this happened here as far from what i can remember. With ~500 drivers we have hosted here, it's a pretty good rate i think.

I have a hp pavilion dv9555 with : nvidia geforce 8600m gs, with vista os.

my sound have a problem because of the video card, and i can't install this new driver 163.69 , because this message appears : THE NVIDIA SETUP PROGRAM COULD NOT LOCATE ANY DRIVERS THAT ARE COMPATIBLE WITH YOUR CURRENT HARDWARE.

Please help me.

thank you

yup...same problem,THE NVIDIA SETUP PROGRAM COULD NOT LOCATE ANY DRIVERS THAT ARE COMPATIBLE WITH YOUR CURRENT HARDWARE. with me when i try to install the 163.69 driver?any solution to this?thanks a lot!!

Downloads always work. Pls. disable your Download Manager and/or restart your Computer. That solved it for others who had a misconfigured system.

@2 Guests above: pls. use modded INF provided in the first post of this thread.

yup...same problem,THE NVIDIA SETUP PROGRAM COULD NOT LOCATE ANY DRIVERS THAT ARE COMPATIBLE WITH YOUR CURRENT HARDWARE. with me when i try to install the 163.69 driver?any solution to this?thanks a lot!!

you must copy the modded inf to your folder where are the files that you want to install and it works.

I have an ASUS laptop with a GeForce 8600m GT card, most games including Bioshock run ok, but the one game that runs realy bad is MOH Airborne, every 1-2 seconds if stutters, even on the menu page, has anyone else managed to get MOH Airborne to run ok ?

Hello on you.. i have an acer 5920g with the same card 8600gt.. I´ve noticed that Bioshcock works quite nice but my problems are with ghost recon 2.. also there it is as you say every 1-2 seconds it stutters also in the videos.. Have you solved your problems in some way.. mr P