LaptopVideo2Go Forums

v174.12 VISTA 32bit | NVIDIA

®®®

33 members have voted

1. 1. Are you satisfied by the quality of this driver and can you recommend it for other users?

• No
    • Yes
    • Yes, even though i noticed a few bugs.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• reinholt

• anonymous1986

• adz

• Templar

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

These drivers seem pretty solid and have less choppy performance in F.E.A.R.

Nice, my gaming graphics score in WEI went up from 5.4 to 5.5 :) (GeForce 8600GT)

Edited by Matt Sharpe

try it again. I had the same problem. I tried it again and it downloaded the correct file. Must be a server bandwidth thing.

Great drivers!

Even better sm 3.0 and 2.0 results and also fixed the flickering problem I had with 173.90 in Flatout 2 v1.2!

Great Release ^^

Far better than 173.90... no bugs at all.

anyone noticed vista bluescreen when exiting 3D mark 06 after running benchmark? i noticed it on my laptop

hi,

the driver's link send me a zip file which is only 60 kb and not the usual exe (that is supposed to be 32Mb)

does it happen only with me ?

:) same here
try it again. I had the same problem. I tried it again and it downloaded the correct file. Must be a server bandwidth thing.

The joys of not hosting these our selves.

Must have been a server glitch at PHK

hi folks, few questions if youd be so kind...

are these recomended for a dell inspiron 1720 with an 8600 gt ?

would they give me increased performance over the 169.28 ?

someone posted on forum notebook review that they knew 167 were laptop preffered,and 169 desktop preffered , is that the case ? and where do the 174 stand ????

also whats the most stable best 167 release ?

keep up the great work mobilenvidia !!!

thanks !!

Great driver, better performance than 169.28 and it's stable. Now i can play PES6 with vsync on much better than before. It's great and i'm happy wih this.

Reat the faq about the installation for this driver and don't forget the modded inf file. I also have a 8600M GT (DELL 1720) and it works great.

I'm a new member on the forum, but have been using this site for driver resource for a while now.

Anyways, I had a blue screen after waking the PC up- reverted back to 167.43 (from HP).

OMG !!!!!!

I have to tell the World how damn good those drivers are !

I have a 8400MGT (64 Mo) and :

-My video game score in vista went from 4,8 to 5,1.

-My aero score in vista went from 3,5 to 3,6.

-No more bugs in all the old video games i'm still playing (Unreal 2, DeusEx 2,...)

-OC Works with nTune

i'm going to run a 3DMark2006 right now and keep you guys in touch with the results !!

just GET those drivers !!!!

Well, a little faster than 173.90 - but still loses to 173.65.

anyone noticed vista bluescreen when exiting 3D mark 06 after running benchmark? i noticed it on my laptop

I ran 3dmark06 with this driver without any errors.

No BSOD with waking up either.

Hey there

Still the zip online so i'm wondering if i should download the zip?

The zip file is good :)

Edited by reinholt

Excellent driver, huge improvement in Crysis, better than 173 series. I don't understand why some people say this driver loses to 173. Don't use 3DMark06 anymore. I reckon the best way to tell is to have a look at windows score or on a direct x 10 game like crysis.

Guest Astr0_Rus

Hi! I have 8600M-GT 512 Mb and this driver. But with 174.12 i see that FPS falls at 10-15. In Prince of Persia Two Thrones, NFS MW, Fantasy Wars and others i play as in "slowmo", and i see this effect in all drivers >169.04 (169.04 is the best for me) . Why? Everybody say that this driver is cool. Can You help me? //sorry for my bad english

Different drivers work well for different games and different laptops (ie different gpu's etc). The 170 series so far for my works badly, frequent bsod and driver crashes. 169.28 worked best for me for a long time. This driver seems ok with general vista usage at the moment. Gonna try it with ut3 and pes 2008 now. You should use the driver which works best for your combination of games and hardware, and that might mean an older version.

Ok UT3 and Pes 2008 work well, no problems whatsoever with this driver so far. Recommended for dell inspiron 1520 8600

Edited by anonymous1986

huge improvement in Crysis

hi ! that's ok for me too... Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger. I did not have any bosd (my earliers drivers : 169.09)

316703.png

http://www.techpowerup.com/gpuz/czyq5/

Edited by tagada

Excellent driver, huge improvement in Crysis, better than 173 series. I don't understand why some people say this driver loses to 173. Don't use 3DMark06 anymore. I reckon the best way to tell is to have a look at windows score or on a direct x 10 game like crysis.

Windows score is way worse than 3dmark06 for judging performance, best way to judge performance would be to test out the fps in games that you play.