• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• orion_350

• P.J

• wulfe

• darkwatch

to those using 8600M GT, i suggest using D3D overrider util, and force triple buffering in directx, this worked for me

There are a few graphical errors with this, especially HDR lighting. I LOVE the new work they have done on the shadows now, instead of just seeing blurred squares what they did is make the squares blend with each other! there is now an arch between the squares and makes things look more realistic. Shadows look better in crysis too.

I also notices they did some shader optimization in crysis and it only shades object up to a certain point now, you can see it while you are walking if you look to your left or right if there is a cliff you'll see where is starts shading and where it stops shading. They also modified the water and cloaking, it still looks good but what it does is give you a bit of a "rainbow" effect on the edge of things that are being blended, I think what it's doing is not blending the whole object and instead raplacing the edges of what it doesn't blend a blue and red strip.

Call of Duty 2 runs MUCH more responsively.

Counter-Strike: Source has a nice new range of graphical glitches now though, some maps runs GREAT, some have HUGE stuttering issues - not loss of framerate, it still has great framerate, but the textures are jumping all over the place, particularly on de_dust2

A few minor things here and there, overall a good improvement. I hope they fix some of these wierd graphical glitches in the next release. I'm still awaiting to play COD2 at a great framerate - which seems to be improving every driver release. That's my goal lol, to play that with a great framerate. OHHH sorry if this is long but also I can play CRYSIS ON VERY HIGH and it is not playable but it is testable, I used to barely be able to enter it and change the settings back, now it runs at like 3 frames a second which isn't bad. Everything set to HIGH is now actually playable though!

I LOVE NVIDIA :) :):D:D:D:D

177.98 worked fine for me, but these drivers cause CoD4 to crash on startup, and I can't get it working, even after uninstalling these and reinstalling 177.98's.

Idea's?

I got the exact same benchmarks that I had with 177.98 in 3dmark06. With factory settings it was 4239.

As far as in-game experience I am currently testing that, but it is CS:S is running without any stuttering or glitches so far.

I've scroll wheel lag problem since 177.79 xD

<177.79 and 176.xx works fine !

Any solution ? :)

Edited by P.J

Hi

Why this driver has only 33mb? on nvidia its 119mb. its not "full version"? can I download from nvidia and use modded inf?

Edited by orion_350

Hi

Why this driver has only 33mb? on nvidia its 119mb. its not "full version"? can I download from nvidia and use modded inf?

It is the full version. 7zip does wonders compressing large amounts of data.

My LG laptop has been sitting withe the 8600GT and its fugly stock drivers for a while now. I tried this driver and so far im pleased, I just installed it, and the screen flickered a bit it went black for a bit, while installing. But after it was done Im so far pleased with it. :) Control panel is there, Temperatures seem ok. I noticed instantly there was a performance increase. Ive only tried Crysis for a couple secs but ill continue testing and report back.

Thanks for re Michael.

Is this driver realy so good in gaming?

I hate that type of qestion;)... but what is the best driver for 8600 gt ddr2 in yours opinion? im using now 169.28

Dear god, im so happy :)

Crysis warhead used to only run all medium shaders high, post pro enthusiast. in 1280x720 and i got like 20 fps average.

Now im runing Crysis warhead with everything medium, Shaders Enthusiast, Post Pro Enthusiast, Particles, effects, water, all gamer. And im getting 23 fps average in 1280x720. = )

btw my Gfx card used to go to 82*C under load playing crysis, highest ive seen it now was 72*C.

Thank you!

Dear god, im so happy :)

Crysis warhead used to only run all medium shaders high, post pro enthusiast. in 1280x720 and i got like 20 fps average.

Now im runing Crysis warhead with everything medium, Shaders Enthusiast, Post Pro Enthusiast, Particles, effects, water, all gamer. And im getting 23 fps average in 1280x720. = )

btw my Gfx card used to go to 82*C under load playing crysis, highest ive seen it now was 72*C.

Thank you!

what GPU are u on?

p.s. my game stutters a lot with any drivers. im using 178.13 atm. anybody got any solutions? im playing the game at mainstream settings. 1024x768

Edited by nightwolf314

I've scroll wheel lag problem since 177.79 xD

<177.79 and 176.xx works fine !

Any solution ? :)

I have almost the same system as you, and i have no having the scroll lag in any of these driver? try to turn off the aeros

Edited by alexdino

what GPU are u on?

p.s. my game stutters a lot with any drivers. im using 178.13 atm. anybody got any solutions? im playing the game at mainstream settings. 1024x768

Its my laptop, Geforce 8600GT GDDR3, it has turbo cache up to 1.3gb or soemthing, but i think its like 512mb discrete.

system: macbook pro 2,5c2d 8600m gt gddr3 512

i had 27 fps on crysis warhead , now i have 30 fps (800x600 - all setting on max)

good job nvidia ^^

There are a few graphical errors with this, especially HDR lighting. I LOVE the new work they have done on the shadows now, instead of just seeing blurred squares what they did is make the squares blend with each other! there is now an arch between the squares and makes things look more realistic. Shadows look better in crysis too.

I also notices they did some shader optimization in crysis and it only shades object up to a certain point now, you can see it while you are walking if you look to your left or right if there is a cliff you'll see where is starts shading and where it stops shading. They also modified the water and cloaking, it still looks good but what it does is give you a bit of a "rainbow" effect on the edge of things that are being blended, I think what it's doing is not blending the whole object and instead raplacing the edges of what it doesn't blend a blue and red strip.

Call of Duty 2 runs MUCH more responsively.

Counter-Strike: Source has a nice new range of graphical glitches now though, some maps runs GREAT, some have HUGE stuttering issues - not loss of framerate, it still has great framerate, but the textures are jumping all over the place, particularly on de_dust2

A few minor things here and there, overall a good improvement. I hope they fix some of these wierd graphical glitches in the next release. I'm still awaiting to play COD2 at a great framerate - which seems to be improving every driver release. That's my goal lol, to play that with a great framerate. OHHH sorry if this is long but also I can play CRYSIS ON VERY HIGH and it is not playable but it is testable, I used to barely be able to enter it and change the settings back, now it runs at like 3 frames a second which isn't bad. Everything set to HIGH is now actually playable though!

I LOVE NVIDIA :) :):D:D:D:D

You have an 8600M GT and you can't play COD2 with a good frame rate? That doesn't make any sense to me.

(I'm not calling you a liar or anything here. I'm just wondering if there's a reason why it won't run smoothly.) :P

Hi

I've just instaled this driver. 3dmark06 insceased 161 pts, but I don't see any difference in games...

Got lg r700 same as msi gx700 (m8600gt)

This driver fixed the problem with powermizer now it downclocks 2 times (169/100 the lowest) not just ones like prev. driver. (lower idle temp.)

Fixed the digitalvibrance 100% problem.

(Msi)System control works fine here.