LaptopVideo2Go Forums

8700GT SLi driver comparison- Best perfoming driver!

wook

nvcplenu.dll is for the nvidia control pannel but is for the non english language version. Not sure why you are having this issue.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• wook

• tnad

• radixxx

• Martin S.

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, I looked this up online, so I saw what the file is - others have said the same thing about Windows searching for it in vain (and pointlessly of course). Do your drivers not search for this file then?? Odd..

M. :-)

no i have never had this with my system. Have had a few questions on here about it tho, and are usually the XPS 17" laptops also. not sure why that would be

• 2 weeks later...

I don't understand how you guys are getting playable framerates on Far Cry 2 at 1920x1200 all high settings, I have an 8700gt sli card and when benchmarking I get an average of 17fps with those settings which tbh is pathetic, I'm currently using the 179.14 drivers and I've even overclocked the card to 750/1500/960, I did however difference with these drivers over the 179.28. Nice thread btw, these are definately the best drivers I've tried

• 2 weeks later...

And wook disappeared somewhere :)

Guest_Fordy_* change driver

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah sorry guys... just started a new job and been busy as!

Unfortunately i sold my system, as have moved to mac's. So wont be able to keep posting the performance comparison with additional drivers.

As for far cry 2 i run at max resolution, and turn down the shader settings. (dont notice any quality difference) just takes some fog and dust effects away. And runs 10 FPS higher. bout 25 fps in intense fighting areas etc...

Maybe fordy you could take over and add comments as to the best drivers for the system??

Anybody try the nvidia 185.06 drivers with the 8700gt SLI setup? Wondering how they compare to dox 182.05 mod drivers? I quess there is only one way to find out!

Thanks

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Fordy
Maybe fordy you could take over and add comments as to the best drivers for the system??

Yea sure I can do that, I've only just installed Far Cry 2 on my system though as I've been having some trouble with the laptop and had to reformat a couple of times. With any luck I shall be posting some results over the next couple of days.

Guest Guest

Hello,

I have a Dell XPS M1730 with nVidia 8700m GT SLI (with PhysX). I've tried different drivers and all seem rather disappointing. I'm currently using 179.28. With this, there is no nVidia control panel (is this right?) and only the sliding pane. I can't enable SLI mode (says about needing to have the right slots or something). This performs really bad for me.

Any advise on what driver I should use? Even the Windows Slideshow is as jerky as hell. My Dad's inspiron with nVidia 8600m GT is putting my XPS to shame right now...

Thanks

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...

I haven't done benchmarks other than windows experience, but Windows 7 has given me a big performance boost including graphics. I've got everything work correctly (to the best of my knowledge) on my M1730 with Win 7 64bit, and it does work a LOT better than on Vista 32bit.

I'm using Dox's latest gfx drivers.