LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Forceware 185.20

Dox

Guest big hair

Quick review of my first try of Dox optimized drivers on my Geforce 6600 go:

Powermizer doesn't work (actually that's a bit of a bummer), also no overclocking possible,

values keep jumping back to default values.

Only driver that ever allowed oc was 169.24 or sumthing.

Installed 'em in performance mode and I quite like the superb smoothness of the rendering,

though image quality is noticeably lower than with normal drivers.

Thx doc, keep up the good work (and fix powermizer plz in your next release :) )

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dox

• Kum Zblj

• Exostenza

• zipper

I am not entirey sure what you mean?

Do you mean the drop down game 3D settings not showing the games installed on your laptop?

If so just untick the box and find your games there. As long as you HAVE NOT disabled the Nvidia Service then everything should work.

No it does not affect that functionality of the drivers. If it did I would of not released the drivers.

I think he means that when he sets some settings for a program/game through control panel Program Settings, those settings actually don't apply for desired program/game. That's maybe cuz the Nvidia service is from another driver (sleep fix), and settings can't apply correctly.

Oh by the way. HAPPY BIRTHDAY Dox!

Edited by Kum Zblj

No trust me they do :)

There's a way of checking without having the games installed and I've checked. As long as the hasn't disabled the service.

No trust me they do :)

Mkey :P

There's a way of checking without having the games installed and I've checked. As long as the hasn't disabled the service.

Yeah I know, most of my games aren't installed properly :)

Guest Guest : Hans2k :

Dox, is it possible for you to tweak the drivers so i can overclock them with my dell m1710?

Because as everyone know beyond 169.04 its not possible to clock.

mhm it work's nice on my 8600m gt in compal but i'm working always on lcd monitor 20' connected to notbook

oryginal 181.x work like that when i for example restart my notbook working on monitor 20' after reboot the monitor was the primary and the notbook lcd was off like it was befour restart

on this optimaized dox 185.x after restart the monitor 20' is off and i must manualy change using "fn + f3" ;/ every time ;/

is it a way to fix it?

mayby somwhere in feristry windows remembour what screen is primary?

hepl plz

on two displays using this driver i always end up redoing my settings wen i restart my Laptop.

the second display is set to main dispaly and i extend my desktop to the display on the Laptop.

The main display is sitting left from my Laptop and after restart i even have to reconfigure that.

so what happens exactly wen i restart my Laptop is, left display turns on, laptop stay off, then i come to the logon screan were i need to enter the password, right before that both displays show the same screen, then the left flickers like 7 times and then i can enter the password, then right display turnd back on and left one shuts off. I need to redo my settings in the display settings.

and sleep dont work but it is no big problem the other stuff is :)

Dox, can you tell me what you changed on the sleep settings so I can switch it back? I'm using an HP dv2500t w/ a GeForce 8400M GS on Windows 7 64-bit. Thanks bro.

HDMI works on problematic HP/Compaqs.

Guest MrDrWatson

Hi DOX, thanks for the great drivers, all my games work much better now.

except for Fifa 09, I have the glitch where the players look like they are nailed to a cross, with the factory driver of my laptop it was fine, when i tried your drivers(3 by now, 181.20, 181.22 and the last one 185.20) it started to show.

As anyone else experienced this? The guys in the official forums of the game just say to update the graphics driver and for me your driver is the best so I'm sticking with it and hoping that it will be fixed in a future version (I'm not demanding for a fix, I'm just wondering if anyone had this same problem in Fifa 09 )

My laptop is an Asus G71V, with a 9700m gt 512mb.

Thanks DOX, all the other games are great!

The original stock driver gave me 4-bit colors and low resolution after reboot but this driver just gives me a BSOD after rebooting so no luck. :)

Dear Dox, I think I've found the first issue for this driver, on the Multiplayer Beta of Dawn Of War II the memory clock will go down! I mean, now just surfing the net it's at 600mhz, when I play cod4 it's on 800, but when I get on to the action of Dawn Of War II Multiplayer beta it goes down to 300. Dunno if it's due to your drivers or to the game (Just because it's a beta)

Windows XP Service Pack 3

Core 2 Duo P8400 Penryn-3M

3GB Ram (2GB Samsung M4 70T5663QZ3-CE6 + 1GB DIMM1: Samsung M4 70T5663QZ3-CE6) DDR2 667

9600M GT 512MB GDDR G96 Revision A1

320GB HD WDC WD3200BEVT-22ZCT0

The original stock driver gave me 4-bit colors and low resolution after reboot but this driver just gives me a BSOD after rebooting so no luck. :)

Do you get problems with any other drivers? I am trying to get to the bottom of this whole 'Xp SP3' driver problem.

Guest bluefox

Thanks for the driver. It seems to ferform the best with my laptop. The last two drivers were really good as well not much diffarence in performance between them. I have a 8200M G and have actually been able to play some newer games with these newer drivers :) Also my laptop hasnt crashed during sleep with the last couple releases so a big thanks for that. Keep up the good work. Now if I can just get temps down a little I will be golden.

Dear Dox, I think I've found the first issue for this driver, on the Multiplayer Beta of Dawn Of War II the memory clock will go down! I mean, now just surfing the net it's at 600mhz, when I play cod4 it's on 800, but when I get on to the action of Dawn Of War II Multiplayer beta it goes down to 300. Dunno if it's due to your drivers or to the game (Just because it's a beta)

try my 181.22.1 / 181.22 instead

Should I install the driver in Safe Mode of Normal Mode?

normal

Guest victoryo

Hi,

Thnx for the drivers! they work great!

Except in 1 game just like the other guy.

In fifa09 the players hold there arms horizontal :) haha (it's funny)

Epic driver! Excelent work Dox :)

Fallout 3 works even faster (I can unlock high details :) without loosing performance).

//the open gl-performance in emulators (especially 2d-emu) increase highly!

Edited by Dark Keitaro

With the official notebook drivers at nvidia.com, i could not turn off vsync.. i upgraded to these drivers and it worked :) thanks dox..

i can also report that standby works just fine with my 9600M..

Keep up the good work, doxie!

Great work Dox !!!

Just to let all HP laptop users with 8600M GS DDR2 or 3 cards know that you are no longer stuck with 196.04 , these drivers allowe you to overclock, so no need to change bios adn so on... Anyway great driver, so far no problems, only big performance increase !!! Here are some results :

3dMark06 (Overclocked 460M/680C - went up by over 200 points since 196.04):

4606801582ka8.jpg

Vista Performance Index (Aero went up by almost a full point & 3D Gaming went up by 0.1):

indexed5.jpg

Keep it up :)

Edited by ^nox

Anyone tried this version with 8400M GS? How's the sleep function working?

Edited by NetSkipper

Thanks for the effort DOX.. I am using DOX version 181.20 and so far have not found any glitches on my 7150 m / 630 m ,,,

But when ever I try to install 185.20 my lappy just freezes.. I have to do a system restore every time I've tried 185.20

I do understand that 185.20 are leaked beta drivers and may not work at all.. But want to know if there's any known solution to my problem..

Lap: HP Pavilion DV9815nr

CPU: AMD Turion 64 x2 TL-60 2 GHz

RAM: 3 GB

GPU: nVidia 7150 M / 630 M (MCP 67M)