LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Forceware 185.20

Dox

Wait, where is the XP64 version of these golden babies?

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dox

• Kum Zblj

• Exostenza

• zipper

Guest ShadowX

I installed this on my laptop, and everything seemed fine for two days. Last night while playing Final Fantasy XI, the game froze, and now I've got no display even when booting up, only backlight. It's possible the driver burnt out my video chip, if it was indeed making it run hotter as someone else pointed out. I'll never try a beta driver again, because now I'll probably have to get my damned motherboard replaced, and it's not under warranty anymore.... :)

Udendenkz, Dox doesn't make XP64 versions of his optimized drivers anymore. Sorry man. He's stated it many times already. Even Then, who knows as he might change his mind again, if the demand becomes high enough... :)

WOW! thanks Dox! Seems like this driver work well pretty well on my P-7811FX lockup problem. After I installed this driver my gpu seems pretty stable and temp max at 76c while running Furmark + orthos in extreme burning mode for like 5 hours now and the gpu temp seems to descrease.

Other drivers like original 185.20 and factory gateway driver pretty useless. it make my gpu unstable and temp pretty hight at 92c then shut down.

Great thanks for the work. I'm glad I found this section.

P-7811FX owners that have lockup problem might wanna try to install this driver. read my review here at http://forum.notebookreview.com/showthread.php?t=352683

OMG! With this driver in combination with the latest PhysX driver finally the Nurien Demo runs alot better and WITHOUT the cloth/hair gfx glitches! Yay!

And other than that, AWESOME drivers! They perform very well on my system. Definately keepers, again some real quality work Dox! :)

Hello Dox bro,

I am using SONY VAIO SZ780Nand have Geforce 8400GS.

Which Dox Ver compatible for my laptop?

Thanks for your reply.

Best Regard

G. Como

These drivers are good as usual, but I really want to get DOX optimised 182.05 as they are optimized by Nvidia for several newer games. When are you planning on getting these out us as I assume you are working on them already.

Love your drivers!

Edited by Exostenza

Guest Nedlinin

Drivers seem to work fine but a notice a small bug for my laptop. I am unable to adjust the brightness settings of the backlight anymore. Changing the brightness in either the power options or by using the function key does nothing. Unfortunately that kills it for me as I need every last minute of battery life during the week :)

Some info on my laptop:

Thinkpad T61p (8891-CTO)

Quadro 570m

Currently running Windows 7 (yes, I know its not "officially" supported)

Just thought I would provide some feedback!

Thanks for this driver, I have a dell m1330 and I think Mirror's edge is running better now. I manually installed Physx but I still have to check if it really works on the 128mb geforece 8400m GS. Thanks a lot for this driver, Jairo

Driver works normally, thanks.

But after Sleep or Hibernation modes, don't work WMP, I have 9650GT, Windows7.

Udendenkz, Dox doesn't make XP64 versions of his optimized drivers anymore. Sorry man. He's stated it many times already. Even Then, who knows as he might change his mind again, if the demand becomes high enough... :)

:)

Damn, his older ones gave me great performance... now NVIDIA released an even newer driver that claims performance boosts but without DOX, it might not be worth switching. Everyone is abandoning XP and making sweet love to their Vista it seems.

To Udedenkz:

I always carried a natural hatred to vista, but you know what? I just installed vista about a week or two ago, and after tweaking vista, it isn't all that bad. I'm actually enjoying the perks that only vista can bring to the table, which is the directx 10. In terms of gaming, strangely, I've had more success in vista than in xp. But everyone has their preferences right?

Soon, when 7 comes out, I think everyone will hop onto the bandwagon :)

PS. you should try out Dox's 182.05 over 185.20 :)

Cheers

yeah, I also prefer vista, purely because theres less bloat and settings to go through when optimising drivers.

This driver can't return after Stand By (recommended 181.22.1 can, but not every time, sometimes can't, only 182.05 do it nicely).

Edited by Ache

Please can someone tell me what is the best version of drivers for my Acer 5930G laptop Nvidia 9600M GT in Spanish if they are better, forgive my poor translation of this message.

Thank you very much.

Por favor alguien me puede decir cual es la mejor version de drivers para mi portatil ACer 5930G Nvidia 9600M GT si estan en español mejor, perdonar por mi mala traduccion de este mensaje.

Muchas Gracias.

Hola,

La mejor version por tu partatil es la 182.05

Si tienes XP SP3, entonces la mejor version es 179.48 (porque con la 182.05, tendres un problema de resolution)

A bientot,

Guest Charles

Is there a workaround, or a way to avoid the inability of my laptop to have it's brightness changed after installing DOX drivers?

Nvidia Quadro NVS 140m 128mb.

Dox, can you bring out a win xp 64bit driver once in a while? maybe when there is a good driver or something?

because I really like your drivers. :)

wow, man, thanks! The stock version are the fastest in my experience (highest 3DMark06 ever) but the Powermizer was broken; it wouldn't go into 2D mode when not gaming automatically and I couldnt turn off the "safe" throttling.

1) I don't want to complain, I'm aware that you're doing it just for fun Dox, I just though I would let you know that .. your drivers are causing some problems here :)

2) I've checked this topic, haven't found a description of similar thing, but if it's in any other place already .. sorry, haven't read everything :P

So : I've used at least 4-5 different versions of your drivers Dox, every time with a clean install .. and they all cause my laptop to freeze. I mean, f.e. I'm watching movie, and then without any warning, it freezes -> I can see the same picture on the screen, like it took a print screen, I can hear a sound for ~4-5 secs more, and then it freezes completly. Can do nothing, only reset helps. I think that whatever it is, it also causes my HDD to turn off, cause I can hear that short sound of what I think is hdd turning down. ( + the hdd diode stops to blink, it usualy blinks every 1-2 secs even when I'm not doing anything :) ).

It happened mostly when I was watching films/playing old dos games ( during 42 minute episode, average was ~2 crashes / I tried to play a game I used to play 10 years ago -> everytime I turned it on, after 1 - 15 minutes ( random, sometimes even after like 15 secs ) it crashed ).

Strangely, playing Counter-strike caused no problem.

Temperatures seemed to be ok - I mean, as far as I can tell using my hand -> it wasnt even close to hot, after rebooting it also seemed ok. + the random time -> I don't think that my gpu could go 120 degrees after playing supaplex for 15 secs, could it? 0_o

I installed official Nvidia laptop drivers, and had no freeze like that ever since.

Wait wait, I just redid my harddrive, reinstalled drivers, now PowerMIzer is broken...

Guest Nismo91

firstly i would like to say Thank you to DOX for creating this driver.

initially i installed this version to my 9600M GT with performance mode.

it's worse than the official 179 beta driver. so i reinstalled with balanced.

surprisingly it works like charm and it do gave me fps improvement in my games.