LaptopVideo2Go Forums

v80.40 XP 32bit | NV

®®®

Welcome back, Pieter! It's great to have you here again!

:)

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ®®®

• Bill

• mobilenvidia

• LSudlow

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest Whorebo

Can someone PLEASSSEEE tell me if I Understood that correctly before I go and do it?

Has anyone else with Toshiba P10 tried this with the 56.87 or 56.77 drivers?

Whorebo Posted on Jul 10 2005, 02:30 PM

So, download your mixed 77.72, and take those 4 files you listed from the last working version, for me 56.87, and then install?

(Im one of the P10 users who has total trouble with drivers for the go5600...)

Guest BrokenArrows

Hey saw that someone posted earlier that they installed this driver on a 4200 go and it worked. I just tried and it failed to install due to compatability.

Im currently using 67.42 drivers. Are these the latest for my Nvidia Geforce4 4200 go?

I have a Dell inspiron 8500

Brokenarrow, did you replace the original nv4disp.inf with the modded one.

If it's not replaced then your error will occur.

Also it's best to install via driver update method via Control panel, after uninstalling display driver first.

Good luck :)

So, download your mixed 77.72, and take those 4 files you listed from the last working version, for me 56.87, and then install?
Yes. But don#t put to much hope in it.

Whorebo, you're into some experimental stuff now. Just try it, if you're so inclined, and be prepared to revert back if it doesn't work.

I havent posted before since I didnt encounter any problems with modded drivers but the last 5 or so have been slow on games like Peluche said. I have pretty much the same specs. Dell Inspiron 8600 with a FX 5650. I reverted back to 71.81 which gives me much better performance (60 fps( in CSS with alot of settings down whereas the 80.40s were giving me 15 fps.

Anyway I just wanted to confim that there is some problem which is most likely Nvidias fault ... but still maybe someone will find a solution.

Guest Guest

Hey ive upgraded my drivers to the latest 80.40 but windows keeps trying to download and install the old legit driver from dell. Is there any way to stop this

Windows update?

Go to the windows update site, and "hide" the update, it will go away.

Edit: If you ever want to see a hidden update again, there should be a menu on the right side called "restore hidden updates" or something like that. Go there to unhide the update(s).

Edited by Bill

Ok... after using the 80.40 drivers in comparision to the other two official drivers (71.89 & 77.72), I have found two things.... one, Farcry will not work after the 71.89 drivers, however they might work on some of the ones in between, and the 80.40 drivers are better then both of these for scores on my benchmark that I use. I use Final Fantasy XI Benchmark 3... with the older drivers I would get a score of 3200 at the most on High Res... I used the 80.40 drivers with the bench and got a score of 3631!! Also, I found out that running Quality mode is better than High Quality mode... with Quality mode 2xQ and 4AF these drivers blow away all others- oh and to top it all off... I have no BSODs to worry about...

I also found that blowing the dust of my computer with an air duster also helps alot. Kinda a duh, but worth pointing out to people that if you get lots of BSODs, dust off your puter (CPU Fan especially if it whines really load)... if it still happens... then I would say your settings are quirky or your puter is... with me it's was the dust and the settings... now it's clear sailing... can't wait to see with nVidia does with 80 series! :)

Laters,

SaternKnight

ok... found yet another issue with the 80.40 drivers... it will not play Half-Life Source or HL2 either. That sucks... :)

Laters,

SaternKnight

Guest T1Pimp

I tested the latest Dell XPS drivers (7724) against the 80.40 drivers. The Dell drivers scored a pathetic 3980 compared to the 8040's which got me 5137! Even at 1280 with 2x antialiasing on the 80.40's scored higher with 3989.

• 2 weeks later...

i think the driver messed un the clocks :) take a look at the pictures......

any ideas???? ..... it kind of overheating..... :)

any1 got a GF GO 5700 to confirm this????

and here says http://www.laptopvideo2go.com/pages/gpuinfo.htm :

CS :350/450 MS : 300

post-61-11227275170_thumb.jpg

Guest T1Pimp

I've noticed with these drivers that I cannot update settings like overclocking, etc. Whenever I do, if I try to reboot or shutdown, I get an error message and then when I reboot the settings are back to the default.

Guest Guest
ok... found yet another issue with the 80.40 drivers... it will not play Half-Life Source or HL2 either.  That sucks... :)

I've played HL2 with the 80.40's on Geforce FX GO 5700, runs like melted butter :)

Guest laptopmania

hello

thank for this drivers :P it work very fine on my fujitsu-siemens 3438G only one problem

it's gpu temperature in games over 70 °c :) and 55/60°c in standard using

there is only one ventilator for cpu ( 750 ) , gpu (go 6800 ) & 2 hard disk.

for the moment i use 76.50 drivers because ventilator is enable all the times

do you think it's possible same way for 80.40 and up or better management of ventilator / temperature

for information in original fuji drivers ( 72.50 ) there special instruction in .inf for MMX ? :)

[MXMThermal_AddReg]

HKLM,Software\"NVIDIA Corporation"\Global\NVTweak,MXMThermalControl,%REG_DWORD%,1

HKLM,Software\"NVIDIA Corporation"\Global\NVTweak,SilentModeControl,%REG_DWORD%,1

thank again

Driver version 80.40 with Pieter's mod INF should work fine unless you have some kind of new 6800 ultra go card, in which case you should run this tool and attach the logfile.

http://forums.laptopvideo2go.com/index.php?showtopic=756 (running that will tell you all the system specs that you dont know, which you can then fill in your profile :) )

Instructions to install the drivers are here.

http://forums.laptopvideo2go.com/index.php?showtopic=33

Just replace the inf in the driver with Pieter's INF and install it using the device manager.

Guest Guest

When I click it nothing happens? Is the link down or something? Should I get that for my 6800 go? I'm using the latest from the 700 series on that other board here.

Guest Guest

Question. I have a alienware area51m7700.... WHen ever i try to run the demo of F.E.A.R. it plays for awhile, then it will just freeze, shortly after ill get a blue screen of death, pointing to the nvcpl.dll (or whatever that file is), then says something like it getting stuck in a loop. If tried most of the drivers, but all have the same effect. Not yet tried the 80.40, but i do have a gf go 800 ultra. any help or driver ideas?