LaptopVideo2Go Forums

v81.85 XP 32bit | NV

Kamika007z

Synthetic benches mean nothing. Its the games that matter.

The 81.xx are the fastest for my 6600 Go 128mb.

It isnt the synthetic benches, fear runs @ 15fps normaly this is about 50. BW2 runs @ 1fps :) so in games the latest drivers isnt good for a FS m3438g. other 6800go's are running good with this driver

Than you have something else wrong with your system, maybe a bad install of the driver, no game in history of nvidia drivers plays at 1fps.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mobilenvidia

• Maier

• terror_adagio

• City Cobra

teh 64bit version is the wrong version.  yours says 8184 instead of 8185.

http://laptopvideo2go.com/infs/80series/81...rf/nv4_disp.inf

mobile, does the 32bit INF performance work with the WHQL version of 81.85?

mobile, does the 32bit INF performance work with the WHQL version of 81.85?

Most certainly :)

Guest YetAnotherGuest

I have the same problem as Maier BTW, identical machine with the exception of only 1GB memory at 400 MHz. The performance with the drivers is about the third from the normal, sure is strange...

Hey mobilenvidia, when i open the installing file, i extract by itself and i dont know where the extracted folder is to put the INF file in? So can you plz show me where the extracted file is? Thanks a lot!

Guest hannibal

>> Set NvCplAllowedTVFormats to 4 this will only allow B-PAL to be selected.

I couldn't find NvCplAllowedTVFormats setting in my registry so I added it. The setting of 4 does restrict the formats shown to one- PAL/B. However the actual signal going out to the TV is still NTSC after booting up. I still have to manually change the format to PAL/B in the Control PAenl before the PAL signal is sent. Other related issues - Custom 720x576 0r 480 resolutions distort the display. And the TV display itself needs centering.

BTW I use the same TV and s-video connection from a desktop with a 6600GT with XTG 81.85v2 drivers and it works fine. Custom resolutions, the correct signal format is used and held after reboots. Aren't laptops fun !

LaptopVideo2Go_LogFile.zip

I've made a change to INF v30.03 to hopefully remember the settings after a reboot.

This change is in 82.10 as this is the latest INF I've made.

You could add the following to this [nv_SoftwareDeviceSettings] section of the INF.

HKR,, RMMaintainTVStandard,          %REG_DWORD%,    1

This should allow the driver to remember the last setting that windows shutdown as.

This will need to be added to the INF and then installed for it to work.

I'll update 81.85 as soon as I can as I have to add a few updates from 82.10 to it as well.

Get back here with your results will be interesting.

You guys are spoiled 81.85 has been updated to v30.04.

It should now remember TV settings on reboot.

AND hopefully the people with go6600 etc should have their speed back.

I think this is power related and have added back in the MxM commands

Feedback encouraged :)

Guest YetAnotherGuest

Hmm, I tried the 30.04 version on my F-S Amilo M3438G with the GeForce Go 6800 and the performance is still as crippled as it's been with the new drivers, starting from the 7.9.3.0 FW from Fujitsu-Siemens itself... There MUST be something rotten in the Fujitsu, but what on earth could it be? (look at all the complaints about performance problems with M3438G/M4438G owners, if you don't believe my words on their own)

(I'm not 100% sure that the 7.9.3.0 is the first driver where the performance has mysteriously taken a serious hit though, any other Fujitsu owners reading this post who might have more details about this strange problem with the FWs? If so, do post here, we need to get to the bottom of this :) )

I saw that citycobra has sent a mail to FS on their forum. Hope it solves something, its realy weird that the original driver isnt working on this notebook

Yeah, I actually visited the F-S forum enough to notice that too... I sure hope they provide some kind of a solution to the situation, if not, well, we'll all need to bomb them with e-mails then.

Hey mobilenvidia, as i asked you before! When i open the 81.85 driver, it automatically extracts so i dont know how to put the modded INF file into where. Can you help me?

You did too, my apologies, been a busy bee.

Where ever you saved the file ie 8185.exe say C:\downloads it will extract to directory on up from there ie C:\dowloads\8185\

All you need to do is find the driver and if you ran 8185.exe the files will be there in a dir called \8185\

Hope this helps.

As for the Amilo lack of speed, bugger, I was hoping the MxM tweaks would fix this.

Something else is slowing up the GPU.

What are the default clocks with 81.85 ? are they the same drivers that have full speed ?

The 81.84 INF should be usable with 81.85 as the driver is bascily the same with some bug fixes.

Enhancer needs to be manually updated with new INFs, I seem to be pumping INFs out faster then Teraphy can update enhancer.

I'll get on to him, unless he reading this :)

Hey mobilenvidia, as i asked you before! When i open the 81.85 driver, it automatically extracts so i dont know how to put the modded INF file into where. Can you help me?

You did too, my apologies, been a busy bee.

Where ever you saved the file ie 8185.exe say C:\downloads it will extract to directory on up from there ie C:\dowloads\8185\

All you need to do is find the driver and if you ran 8185.exe the files will be there in a dir called \8185\

Hope this helps.

As for the Amilo lack of speed, bugger, I was hoping the MxM tweaks would fix this.

Something else is slowing up the GPU.

What are the default clocks with 81.85 ? are they the same drivers that have full speed ?

Thanks for your help but it seems doesnt work that way. Ie: i save the file in My documents and i doesnt extract to that folder. I am dumb now, dont know where is the folder to put modded INF into ??? :)

P/s: crying... :)

Guest YetAnotherGuest

Ok now, about the extracting... when you run the 8185.exe, it asks you in which directory you want to extract the files, type in whatever directory you want to extract them there and then hit the "Extract" button (for example, you could type "C:\8185driver" (without the two " , of course).

Then after you have pressed the "Extract" button and it has finished unpacking the files goto the directory you typed there ( "8185driver" on the C: partition in our example).

There (in that directory) will be a directory named "8185". That's were the files are, and that is the directory were you are supposed to put the modified .inf file, overwriting the old one. After you have done that, just run the "setup.exe" in the same directory.

("C:\8185driver\8185" in our example.)

Thanks for that YetAnotherGuest, but plz know that, sometimes (usually with drivers are downloaded from official nVidia server), the downloaded derivers exreact by themself to an unknown folder so you cant really know where it is.

But i got a solution already. I use ZipScan to force the zipped file to be extracted to an destination i choose so after extracting, i know where the folder of the driver is, lucky me :)

Guest Tap Dance

I have a FS M4438g and I?m experiencing the same problems as mentioned by other FS owners. I?m currently using the 78.11 driver which gives me 3845 in 3dMark05. Yesterday I tried to install the 81.85 driver. It installed fine, but found the performance totally crippled. Already on the first part of the test I went from a normal 24 fps to 4!!! If anyone gets any info on what might cause this problem, please post it in here.

I think I found what is the problem with FS. The drivers think that the GPU is over heating (but that's false : GPU temp between 40 and 60°C) and force slow down the GPU. I don't know how to fix this.

Guest Tap Dance
I think I found what is the problem with FS. The drivers think that the GPU is over heating (but that's false : GPU temp between 40 and 60°C) and force slow down the GPU. I don't know how to fix this.

You may be right! And if you are, is it possible to do something about this in the INF file?

Edit the INF zip down to [Mobile_Tweaks] and add this line:

HKR,, RMPowerSupplyCapacity,        %REG_DWORD%,    2

Reinstall driver.

This setting is in the Amilo driver INF, and may help with the powersupply to supply enough power to run the GPU at full speed.

Edit the INF zip down to [Mobile_Tweaks] and add this line:
HKR,, RMPowerSupplyCapacity,        %REG_DWORD%,    2

Reinstall driver.

This setting is in the Amilo driver INF, and may help with the powersupply to supply enough power to run the GPU at full speed.

This tweak didnt work for me. I saw there where more tweaks in the FS driver, i'm going to try these. I'll keep you informed

Edit:

other settings that where in the FS inf didnt work either. I think it isnt in the inf because other drivers are working and they have almost the same inf. 81.26 and 81.33 also worked, maybe it is in the driver files itself.

Also give these 2 a try from 82.10 (Dell) but performance related.

HKR,, PerfLevelSrc, %REG_DWORD%, 0x3333

HKR,, AllowMaxPerf, %REG_DWORD%, 2