LaptopVideo2Go Forums

v165.01 Windows Vista 32bit | NVIDIA

mobilenvidia

I tried using the 156.57 driver and I get an error saying that I don't have a driver compatible with my hardware already installed. I have installed the driver that came with the computer and under device manager it states that I have driver version "7.15.11.117" installed (I have an asus c90 w/ 8600M GT). I'm just confused...

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mobilenvidia

• ®®®

• _bare

• Crion

Guest Randy you need to use the INF that comes with 156.57. You can find it in the Original INF.zip

Ok I think I have it installed. although it still states that I have driver version 7.15.xx in device manager, ntune says version 156.57. Is it correct that you can't overclock underthis version?

Thanks for the help

OC with recent drivers needs to be investigated :) For some it works, for some don't.

I tried using the 156.57 driver and I get an error saying that I don't have a driver compatible with my hardware already installed. I have installed the driver that came with the computer and under device manager it states that I have driver version "7.15.11.117" installed (I have an asus c90 w/ 8600M GT). I'm just confused...

You have driver 111.17...the last five digits of the version number you gave. I noticed this when I FINALLY figured out how to do this :)

My guess is if your card type is not supported by the original inf file, you need the modded inf...even then, my system crashed using a 15x.xx driver and the modded inf file.

I'm still trying to understand it all, though :)

Also, I could be completely wrong about everything I just said above :P

me too :)

Hello everybody, I'm new here, I can't understand where to get the last driver for my lappy.

Is it

165.01 INF 2007-04-12 18.68MB

or

163.44 2007-08-17 36.49MB

I can't understand why the 165 got an April date and an older 163 got a July?

Also, I've been on Nvidia web site and there is 162 version the last, how to made 165 version? You've changed the number or there is on Nvidia site 165 driver and I'm blind like s*** ))

I have notebook ( VGN-FZ190E/B ) Sony Vaio with Geforce 8400M GT this foreware is work on this notebook or not ?

if it's not please guied me where can i find it ?

Thanks Alot

AShkan!!

i got my self a 8600m GT

and if i use this driver and i turn on my sleep stand

and if i wonne go back it dont show any screen just black :s

pls help

this driver improve my framerate big time

Hello everybody!

I've recently encounter a serious problem with my GO 7600 (Toshiba A100-847 Laptop) under Vista Business (32bit). I have an external LCD monitor (HP W2207) connected to the laptop via D-SUB but none of drivers I've tried out supports 1680x1050 resolution. Could anyone tell me if it is possible to manually add such resolution or if this resolution will be added to the future releases of drivers?

installed these drivers on my Aurora m9700 with go 7900gs. when i try to enable SLI it promts for restart then just goes back to disabled without restarting anyone any ideas whats happenin!!!

Guest anthony

I have a dell inspiron 9300; windows vista; My computer was working fine and automatic windows update cause it to stop working; I have not be able to get a nvidia driver to install; the screen simply hangs and the system will not boot

thanks

anthonyspencer@charter.net

I have a dell vostro 1500 - and I used this modified inf and installation. Everything works fine except for when I put my laptop to sleep or hibernate and turn it back on, the screen stays turned off.

i.e

After hibernate

Turn on

shows the Resuming Windows screen

then screen turns off

any solutions?

Kind regards,

Gunm3tal

Guest Diehard

I've been running this driver in my Thinkpad T61 for almost a month. I do have a problem that if I put my laptop in sleep mode, the screen won't turn on when I wake the laptop up. Everything works again except the screen. I had to turn off it by holding the power button. Now, I have to avoid sleep mode all the time.

Does anyone experience it? How can I fix this problem?

I also have greatly improved the 3DMark score. Most of my games are noticeable smoother with this driver. The only problem is when I close th elid of my laptop I set it to Hibernate which works fine, but when I try to start the computer back up by pressing the power button it will have the Resuming Windows bar scrolling across the screen, and then it just stays at a black screen and I must hold down the power button to restart it everytime! I really want to keep these drivers as they work very well for me, but can anyone help me with the Hibernation issue? It just won't start up anymore. I have a Toshiba X200 Laptop: Intel Core 2 Duo @ 1.8 GHz

4GB DDR2 RAM @ 667MHz

NVidia GeForce 8700M GT 512MB (1279MB Turbocache)

Windows Vista Ultimate 32 bit

These drivers are really outdated.

165.xx is an abandoned driver trunk.

They will not get updated at any time in the future.

PLEASE use a more recent driver to adress and solve issues like Standby/Hibernation.

Recommended is 156.xx and 163.xx series or the latest official one in combination with Pieter's modded INF.

165.xx is NOT RECOMMENDED.