v163.44 VISTA 32bit | NVIDIA, BiOSHOCK

®®®

Quality of v163.44 Vista 32bit  

67 members have voted

1. 1. Do you recommend this driver?

• No
    • Yes

Guest VigorousApathy
It's trying to run it in compatibility mode. Right click the setup file make sure that run this program in compatibility mode isn't checked, then click show settings for all users and check again.7

Thank You Thank You

I spent five hours trying to figure out why it didn't think I had Vista 32bit.

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ®®®

• ScaryMovies

• Maro

• ardiev

Guest mrbungle

Great drivers on my mrs inspiron 1720 with the trusty 8600gt

However without overclocking support this is a little lackluster as these cards have huge amounts of headroom, anyone got any ideas riva tuner doesnt work ;(

Guest MADISON

The latest Riva Tuner 2.03 is now out with support for all 160 drivers. But for some reason, something, either in the driver file, or .inf file (possibly) is preventing it from working on my notebook card. The changed clocks revert back to stock once set.

Just so you know, my desktop 8600 card is running the 163.44 from nvidia's site, and can now be over-clocked with latest Riva Tuner 2.03.

I was wondering if something got left out of the driver or .inf during the latest clean-up.

This did not work so well on my Dell 1705E/9400 with 7900 GS. It installed and worked some of the time. Never crashed, but keept reverting to this strand double vision type of think where there were alternating verticals bars that were kind of overlapped. The wierd thing was, if I ran the stability test it was fine. Once the test stoped it reverted to the bar thing.

I'll keep trying, any tips?

thanks

Guest ence117

I keep getting this glitch where i get vertical lines where the image is distorted. Its all across the screen, and the image is as if you are cutting vertical lines a couple centimeters apart and moving them left or right randomly. I have to redo my resolution to fix this every few seconds that it happens. Can I get any help with this issue?

Also at first when I start my laptop, it sets it back to the lowest resolution, and it does this a few times after also.

Hello guys,

thanks a lot for the great job...

I have a Geforce GO 7900 GS SLI and it work good for me but I can not use my SLI...

It is normal ?

Have you a solution for me ?

Thanks in advance,

khis

Guest HeLLsGoD

This driver doesnt seem to work for most games.. It also disables my Vista Aero. It is only good for CS 1.6 because you can actually use the openGL setting. The 165. driver seem to be very good except doesnt support openGL

The menus and images seem to dissapear or distort when i try use this driver for FEAR and CS:S and even the built in chess game for vista.

Anyone know how to fix these? Or by any chance make CS source any faster.. I can run on high settings aslong as i turn off the Anti-Aliasing but still sometimes the fps slows down on certain maps and views

HPdv2000

-inter c2d

-2gb ram

-geforce go 7200

-160gb hdd

Cheers

I'm in desperate shape with this one, guys. I installed the driver using the "have disk" method, and everything seemed to go fine. Now, however, any program that taxes my graphics card at all nets me the dreaded blue screen of doom. This goes for Bioshock along with something as simple as minesweeper. I'm using an 8600 GT. Help would be very, very much appreciated.

Every time I restart my laptop after installing this driver, it reverts back to the driver that the laptop originally shipped with. This is on an e1705 with Vista and a 7900 GS - anyone else experienced this? The weird thing is, I delete all NVidia files and use Driver Cleaner every time, but it keeps reverting to an old driver.

Guest Stephen Schuster

Ok, Dell XPS M1710 with the GeForce 7800 GTX

Bios Version 5.70.2.19.12 on the GeForce

As I have been reading I noticed alot of BioShock issues with VISTA surrounding choppy sound and such.

I did update my drivers to this version with the modded INF. I also ran the two suggested MS patches.

Luckily my GeForce CP works fine as I was able to use the 3D Setting for Bioshock built into the drivers.

Alas, my sound is choppy as all get out and it makes for a very unpleasent game experience.

I am looking at the SigmaTel C-Majhor audio drivers (just because I'm anal like that) but doubt it will lend to any improvement.

Can anyone first of all indicate if they can overclock their card on a laptop yet?

More importantly, is another driver version seen as more stable for playing Bioshock?

Thanks in advance,

Stephen

Attention all Go 6100/6150 owners:

I've tried repeatedly to install the 163.44 driver to no avail on my system, specs as follows:

Presario F557us, 1.8ghz Sempron, 2gb RAM, Go 6150 set to 128mb shared, vista basic

It will _not_ boot with this driver installed, simply flashes bios and windows load then goes to a black screen.

Rolling back the driver in safe mode also does _not_ work, you must uninstall the device completely, then install a different driver. I recommend your basic manufacturer one, or 158.45 w/ pieter's inf.

I think this is a driver incompatibility, as my other nvidia laptop works just fine with this driver, but the Go 6150 does not. 158.45 also works with satisfactory performance (even FEAR Extraction Point on lowest settings :) )

Best of luck,

Ryan

I AM HAVING THE EXACT SAME PROBLEM. 6150 GO right here. I seem to have very little luck with the drivers on this site. which is unfortunate to the extreme. Please help us 6150 go users to experience a much more enjoyable gaming experience!

Guest Pc overlord
Works pretty good on my Geforce Go 8700M GT, by the way, why are there no official drivers for my video card at all? Has anyone else noticed this?

It's almost like they don't support this card, but it's brand new... I don't get it.

Anyways this driver fixed all my gaming issues, but my movies are still choppy, and the audio/video get out of sync now.

Anyone else have this problem on a 8700M GT? or am I the only one with it?

which driver did you dl? I cant paly halo 2 without it looking crappy, but hd playback is perfect. I cant install the new driver without an error.

Guest CitizenKaine

I'm having the same issue as one of the above posters, though on a different setup. He has an Acer and I have a Toshiba notebook with an 8700m GT. These drivers work great for Bioshock and Quake 4. CnC 3 is running great so is NWN 2. So they are awesome for 3d performance. But they break HDDVD capability. Tracking down error messages shows that it's related to lack of hdcp support. Has anyone seen any solutions for this? My searches on the net are thus far fruitless.

OK, running NVIDIA 8400M GS

I downloaded the update from the beginning of this thread... Got the "not running vista" message. Went to the properties... unchecked the compatibility boxes (both of them) and now I'm getting this... "The NVIDIA setup program could not locate any drivers that are compatible with your current hardware. Setup will now exit."

Any ideas?!?$*@%

Thanks.

Never mind, figured it out! Thanks for all the hints and links!

sry man, but how did you "figured it out" plz ? I am having the same issue ... a just ran dpinst.exe from the DL package, but I am not sure if drivers were installed properly... thx

He read the FAQ and figured he needs to replace the original INF with the one we offer.

FYI

I have a HP dv6500 with 8400m GS running Vista.

I first updated using MS Update and my Graphics score went up from 3.1 to 3.4 using Forceware version 101.xxxx

Then I updated using v163.44. My Graphics score stayed the same, but my Gaming Graphics score went up one point to 4.2 and my Control Panel is different.

Every time I restart my laptop after installing this driver, it reverts back to the driver that the laptop originally shipped with. This is on an e1705 with Vista and a 7900 GS - anyone else experienced this? The weird thing is, I delete all NVidia files and use Driver Cleaner every time, but it keeps reverting to an old driver.

ok everybody who is having problem installing drivers on systems that force you to have to use their crappy video drivers like dell, acerto name a couple. Do you try to install the drivers and changed .inf file but the system just reverts or maybe even fails install of drivers i will explain simple step to fix this problem as i am running full maxxed bioshock all detail and sound no problems no lag no nothing just pure gaming. THIS WORKS IF VIDEO CARD IS ALREADY INSTALLED

1- ok make sure you have the extracted video driver with .inf file already installed through device manager

2- once restart has finished run command prompt as administator and type or past this then press enter(should say process was succesfull)

Bcdedit.exe /set nointegritychecks ON if succesfull now reboot

3- once windows loads go to device manager then go to your display adapter(videocard) right click and go to update drivers

4- you want to know go to let me choose from alist of device drivers on my computer.

5- now choose your manufacturer and card and click next or install you will be told hardware compatibility crap just click yes

6- which if works windows now windows will tell you it is not safe to install a changed digital driver blah blah blah just ignore this and tell your system you want to you need to just let me.

NOW IF WORKS WILL INNSTALL DRIVERS ASK FOR REBOOT DO SO AND NOW ALL WILL BE GOOD ENJOY

PLEASE REMEMBER TO GO BACK INTO COMMAND PROMPT AND RETYPE ABOVE EXCEPT CHANGE ON TO OFF so digital signing is turned back on

only some of this is to my credit but mainly to those who post on net and little to the hours of google time but all was worth now hope all can be same for all CHEERS