LaptopVideo2Go Forums

v169.04 Windows Vista 32bit | NVIDIA, Crysis & TimeShift Demo

mobilenvidia

64 members have voted

1. 1. Are you satisfied by the quality of this driver and can you recommend it for other users?

• No
    • Yes
    • Yes, even though i noticed a few bugs.

I would if I could download them...? :) the transfer rate for downloading the file is a joke started at 78kbps and then dropped loke a stone to 1.5kbps and saidit would take 5hrs to download. So no I'm not satisified.

I will be when I download them mind but until then no.

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Charles-0100

• RangerXML

• abcdefg

• sgtmatt1

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have the same laptop model as you, and this method does indeed work. Thanks for the tip.

However I'm unable to overclock with Rivatuner 2.06. Doesn't work for some reason... It keeps going back to stock settings after reboot. :)

Take good care of these settings.

captureec9.th.jpg

With the settings in this picture I got 4301 with 3Dmark '06

Seems to be a good one...!

Was that about my problem, or just in general ?

I mean, about the:

-Hi, has anyone with the "display driver nvlddmkm stopped responding" tried this driver?

-Does it fix the problem above? :) :)

If so, have you had the error earlier?

sometimes.. the problem still rimain.. when play pes2008, sometimes i got this crash... don't know how to fix.. sighh

bye guys

who, guys, can tell me, in vista, in photo gallery, if you'll try to do slideshow with fade on, pictures switches not smooth, but by jumps, is there any dependence with video driver or not? I tried many difference drivers on my vaio sz650n 8400gs: sometimes it's ok, - sometimes jerks, or probably it's because of bad script in photo gallery program? help me, please!

Edited by Vovus

Actually encountered a problem with these drivers on Monday. I was playing LOTR Online swtiching back adn forth between DX10 and DX9. Besides the obvious low frame rate from DX10 (gotta play with the settings), after the second switching back and forth the PowerMizer got stuck on a lower clock. Since there's no way for me to disable the powermizer in Vista like in XP I had to reboot my PC. I now installed RivaTuner again and set up the launcher to adjust the clock on the fly. I also tried to go to the INF and disable the mizer since I'm now using RivaTuner to control the clock, for some reason my GPU still gets slowed by Vista. Just some fun bugs.

arrr please help! they wont install on my new 8600m gt, it never gets to the point where it sees my gfxcard. My old 7600 laptop has no problems. any ideas? I am using the modded inf.

doomed

I just replaced the inf with the moded one, rename the directory to the driver version, place it in the forceware folder on the C:\ drive and run set up. Might work, give it a try.

Take good care of these settings.

captureec9.th.jpg

With the settings in this picture I got 4301 with 3Dmark '06

Yup, did that already too. After rebooting the settings are still the same even that box is checked. That startup settings box shows stock settings.

Cant get true 1080p with the drivers on my sharp 37" LCD over HDMI. I have an asus G1S, and resoultion i pick i get unused black screen space all right the image.

Yup, did that already too. After rebooting the settings are still the same even that box is checked. That startup settings box shows stock settings.

Hmm then I'm afraid I can't help you with your problem.

Hey,

what program is that in the picture? ~

Rivatuner 2.06

sometimes.. the problem still rimain.. when play pes2008, sometimes i got this crash... don't know how to fix.. sighh

bye guys

i've the same problem, sometimes, it goes to cash..i don't know why..(8600 gt)

Guest DontWannaName

I went to the non beta page for the 8600 gt on Nvidia's site and it says the release date was the 6th of November but the driver version is 163.75. That is confusing!

I have to say that I am completly amazed by this 169.04 driver!

Previous 3DMark06 scores were 2346 (HP's default 101.45 driver) and 2398 (LaptopVideo2Go 163.75 driver)!

Now, with this 169.04 driver, 3DMark06 score is 2525!

This was my first try out of the LaptopVideo2Go drivers and I have to say that this improvement is amazing!

Because this was my first try out, I'm still a little bit confused...

Does this 3DMark06 score improvement really means that these 169.04 drivers are the "best ones" or the "most suitable ones" for my graphic card? Is there something I'm missing here?

Have I done everything ok or is ther something I should do more?

Please help me improve my knowledge in this area...

Thank you so much for your help!

Some Laptop Specs:

HP dv9575ep

2GB RAM

NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GS

Hi!

I did a clean install and then installed ntune to enable O/C settings, but didnt get 1 single extra point in 3DMark 2003... Are my OC really working???

Please forgive me if my question is absurd, but... Did you actually increased any values in nTune?

If you are new to this overclocking as I am, you might want to check this link: Overclocking Begginers Guide

I also am trying to learn how to safely overclock my graphic card and I believe this guide really helps on doing that!

Just haven't tried overcloking because I'm waiting for a 2GB stick wich should make more "space" for shared memory and overall performance!

Hi PedroL thanks for your response! Yeah, I did increase both gpu and memory clocks! Not just in ntune but also in riva tuner! I havent noticed any gain of performance. I'm quite worried cause I have seen people with same card as mine (8400M GS) doing 4000+ points in 3dmark 2003... I actually can reach only 2750... :)

I have to say that when it comes to overclocking it is completely out of my knowledge!

But, from what I have read, this 169.04 driver is supposed to allow overclocking!

Sorry, but I don't really know how to help!

Good luck!

Guest tondzli

Hello!

I tried 169.04 drivers about week ago. Fifa 08 run smoothly on highest video settings but now it is lagging. I turned off v-sync in nvidia control panel in advanced preferences and fifa run smoother, but still lagging. I don't know why the game runs slowly... Have you got any ideas what to do??

Went from the Vista x86 156.69 from Microsoft Update to these drivers....went from 85 fps to 93 fps in the Video Stress Test in CS:S with 4x AA and 4x AF with standard clock speeds!