LaptopVideo2Go Forums

v174.74 Windows Vista 32bit | NVIDIA (incl. >40 ODM/OEM INFs)

mobilenvidia

66 members have voted

1. 1. Are you satisfied by the quality of this driver and can you recommend it for other users?

• No
    • Yes
    • Yes, even though i noticed a few bugs.

Long time user first time poster here, thought I should share my opinons on these drivers.

For me they proved awful, on a freshly formatted machine they give graphical corruption on aero and rundll errors every boot. But it gets better, after rolling back the drivers to the stock Vista ones, the graphical corruption is still there..so these drivers are a big fail for me :)

On a completley different note, now I've registered I cant choose my video card. I've got a 7900 GTX, theres the GS and the GT listed, but no GTX :)

x

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• andygb40

• cheshbench

• zipper

• reinholt

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Why can't i overclock my GPU with this driver .. the only driver that did let me overclock is the 169.04 ?!?!?

one small question, Am i suppose to rename the modded inf file nv_disp.inf to nvfi.inf and put it inside the folder after i extract it?

nvfi is the OEM naming scheme for my Fujitsu Siemens

After installing this driver my original problem of the screen going blank is now replaced by a flickring screen followed by a notice that my display driver stopped and now has been recovered.

EDIT: i didn't look hard enough.

EDIT2: Amazing what some reading will do. Found out that 174.74 is the beta drivers i was looking for! thanks!

Edited by ranalin

I get occasional freezes (for ca 15-20 seconds) in COD4. Vista corrects the error during the game but still a bit annoying.

Also (Im not sure if its related) I now get awful cursor lags on win startup (when on Power Saver mode).

Other than that everything seems good and I think I already mentioned that I had best 3dMark06 scores :)

VERY NICE DRIVER FOR 8700SLI SETUP!

3dmarks2005---- 8217

max temps = 90° (cg1) 82° (cg2)

idle temps= 63°

COD4= 75 fps max settings AAX2 multiplayer

90 fps max setting no aa

Asus f3sc series notebook nvidia geforce 8400M 128 mb not run 174.74 version (run32.dll error) i need help

For my M1530 8600M GT this driver very stable, smooth and no run32.dll error.

Although no OC 3D Mark06 performance 174.31 (4687 points) scored better than 174.74 (4575 points),

174.31 only give me 4 resolutions option and flat panel scalling will return to "Nvidia scaling" automatically after I restart my laptop.

174.74 has no bugs so I will keep this one. Until now I was using 174.20.

I notice all the other versions of this driver support DEV_0407&SUBSYS_15151043 except this one. Was this just an omission? I don't see why the Vista 32 bit would not support it while Vista 64, and XP do.

Best Driver I ever had on my Acer 5920G with 8600M GT, didn't crash even 1 time since I installed them, that's all that matters for me.

Performance is good as well. Almost gave up hope but these rock :)

Guest Zalman

Hi,

Everest Ultimate show the GPU clock speeds lower than it should be and mentions the nlocks in brackets as they should be. When I install 171.16 the clocks go full speed. Is this a matter of regulation of clock speeds to decrease energy consumtion or an error.

By the way I set the GPU speed to maximum on ACER energy setting.

By notebook:

ACER 5920G 8600M GT 512 Mb

Thanks in advance

:)

Hi this is my first post but I've been reading the forums for quite some time. I must say that this is one of my favorite drivers so far for a Vostro 1500 with Nvidia 8600m GT with 256 DDR2 ram. I was able to OC it 580/475 with rivatuner and get good framerates with my games without receiving the graphics driver failed bubble pop up. My only concern is the new temperatures it brought to my gpu. I had 169.04 drivers before and the idle temp was 38 Celsius and max was 55 when playing Team Fortress 2 or Crysis, with this the gpu idles at 49 and maxes at 67. Just thought I'd ask is 49 idle and a 67 max still a reasonable temp for a laptop gpu or would that be too hot?

It's still pretty low, mine hovers between 45 - 60 idle and 78 max but my default clocks are 625/800.

I have used it for a while. it's much better than the official driver from apple(bc) and optimized xtreme-g driver 174.74. better pm reduces almost 5 degrees of gpu's temperature. keep on testing. good for my ma896 :)

this driver can't OC at all =[ i got an increase point in 3d mark 05 but i want to OC it a bit =[

The driver worked well at first, but now it's giving me problems. It started reducing my resolution to 800x600 whenever I would start Windows or unfold the laptop. This was often accompanied by an error saying that Rundll32 had stopped working. Here's the error signature.

Fault bucket 701722985, type 1

Event Name: APPCRASH

Response: None

Cab Id: 0

Problem signature:

P1: rundll32.exe

P2: 6.0.6000.16386

P3: 4549b0e1

P4: NVCPL.DLL

P5: 7.15.11.7474

P6: 47e88137

P7: c0000005

P8: 001ac198

P9:

P10:

Attached files:

C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportQueue\Report11095041\WER4FB4.tmp.version.txt

C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportQueue\Report11095041\WER4FD5.tmp.appcompat.txt

I reinstalled the driver. Now I don't get the reduced resolution or error. But another annoyance has taken their place. When I right click on something, the menu doesn't fully appear unless I run my mouse over it (it's like a translucent shadow until I do) and then whatever I selected from the menu remains on the screen as an artifact unless I hit my Ctrl key which makes the ripple animation appear on the screen briefly (it's no longer animated either).

So, I think this driver kinda sucks.

Guest lord_neno
Which inf for my asus g1s? can you post the link? TNX for the patience.

Use the original infs in the original_infs.zip (with the original infs 4700 3dmark06, with modded inf: 4400, ^^)

its absolutely the best for me. i have overclocked it to 610/1300/800 with a stable performance.

Guest TommyBahama
Use the original infs in the original_infs.zip (with the original infs 4700 3dmark06, with modded inf: 4400, ^^)

What .inf did you use for the G1S exactly? There are a TON of .inf's in that folder. Could you tell me the exact one?

yeah, i dont know what the cause of it but the same thing happened to me

original inf will boost extra 3DMark06 points (more than 100 points) :)

• 5 weeks later...

Will I be able to oc with these drivers?