LaptopVideo2Go Forums

v180.70 Windows Vista 32bit | NVIDIA

mobilenvidia

These drivers caused me to have a "hardware malfunction" BSOD in Vista. My daughter was playing Purble Place when it happened, not the most demanding game :) . Until the BSOD, I had exceptional performance with these in WiC and TR Anniversary. Shame they crashed....

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• zipper

• nightwolf314

• GaryHook

• Andrew55

Guest Guest Blaze

DO NOT INSTALL THESE DRIVERS IF YOU HAVE A DELL XPS M1530 AND THE LIKE!! mad.gif

I have the same problem andygb40!

They kept making my Laptop crash in games, slow desktop startup, and slow folder opening. After only 30 minutes of game play (in half life 1 in fact!) it crashed, and upon attempt to restart, a rather blank blue screen appeared stating the following:

"HARDWARE MALFUNCTION.

CONTACT YOUR SYSTEM VENDOR FOR SUPPORT.

SYSTEM FAILURE.

SYSTEM HALTED."

My laptop also became very hot when playing any game, and when prior to waking, it was very hot also!

They shouldn't release these bloody drivers if they cause this! dry.gif

Might I also add that both Firefox AND IE (I used IE to test - I use firefox) were both slow at opening, and Firefox would not load the home page unless you clicked on the icon!

Also, these coloured flashes randomly appear on the screen - they looked just like the ones on my old desktop when the fan was broken - when it was OVERHEATING! help.gif

I am going back to the previous drivers. Anyone else have this problem yet?

Thanks,

Blaze.

(I have an account, but can't remember the login).

Update:

I uninstalled the driver, cleaned everythoing up and reinstalled it.

Now, my problems with Flashvideos have disapeared. :)

Still there are some strange things like....

- I use vista and it keeps telling me I am using DirectX 8.1

- NVidia Preferences is not autostarted anymore into the tray.

- If using the tool that now is started from the *whatever this is called in englisch.....where one canged resolution, screensavers etc) its impossible to uncheck "Aplication controlled" for "Anisotropic filtering. (is however possible in the NVidia Tools that are still startable from System..uh whatever. :)

Well, dont care for now. :P

Did you use modded inf?

Guest WhiteFang

Just installed these a few minutes ago. At first, Slightly better performance in Far Cry 2 (but only like half a fps ^^). But then i noticed some playback issues with media player classic. And when i started 1701 A.D. a really weird graphic bug occured which i never experienced before and a few moments later the system rebooted.

My Specs:

Core2Duo 2,2Ghz; 8700M GT 512MB; 2GB RAM

I had 178.24 before and now I'm gonna try out 178.13 since I've read so many positive posts about it.

DO NOT INSTALL THESE DRIVERS IF YOU HAVE A DELL XPS M1530 AND THE LIKE!! mad.gif

Thanks for this post. I had the same problem with 180.48 on my Dell Inspiron 1520 (8600M GT). It Seems that this line of driver doesn't do well to Dell laptops... i'm not gonna install :)

Hi all,

i experience an irreactive black screen upon resume from stand by with all of the 180 series drivers (44,48 and 70 tested). Only reset works. My system ist: Samsung R70 Denet notebook with Vista business SP1 32bit.

Has anyone a solution for this?

Best regards

Stefan

whats the fastest driver for farcry 2? could anybody with an 8700M or NVS series post what settings they play farcry 2 on? thanks

EDIT:

Wow :)

Finally this driver solved the scroll lagging cuz it has "nvdm.inf" (the original Dell INF) in "additional_infs.zip"

PowerMizer works fine too :)

Edited by P.J

Is it safe to use this driver on my HP DV7-1040EW (GF 9600GT)?

yes. use modded inf and everything should go smoothly.

Terrible performance for 8400M GT, atleast a 50 3Dmark06 decrease.

Not recommended.

Hate to say it, but 50 3dmarks is really crap all. In terms of real-world performance that's probably A quarter of a frame per second.

Now, I will admit performance is slightly worse than 179.14 - I've got a 200 mark decrease (from 5100 down to 4900). Games are still fine and these seem more stable.

Dell M1530, 8600M GT

Runs great, still have the sleep problem persistent with the 180.xx drivers. Special note for me is i have Vista SP2 beta, wonder if that is why i have no problems.

u guys really think the driver would install flawlessly???

the WHQL is not missing for no reason...

btw, no problem on my 8600M GS... will do some benchmark later...

Edited by astrial

Guest boon1987
yes. use modded inf and everything should go smoothly.

i saw you use DELL XPS 1530. So i want to ask you that is it this driver can increase the performance of XPS 1530? I am using XPS 1530 with 8600GT. I also want to know the temperature of GPU when using this driver. i am worry about the temperature will increase when use this driver.

not recomended

With this driver my GF9600M GT 512DDR3 getting very hot just in normal windows work I had 62-67° :) (didn't check games) but with 179.14 temperature is 47-55° :)

Edited by gumb99

Guest Vagrant
not recomended

With this driver my GF9600M GT 512DDR3 getting very hot just in normal windows work I had 62-67° :) (didn't check games) but with 179.14 temperature is 47-55° :)

I have 9600M GT 512MB DDR2 and when i surfing internet my temperature is rock solid 46° with this driver as well as other driver i use!!!

Positiv - Performance boost is huge in cod:waw, both on and offline :)

Negativ - Sleep function doesn't work, seems a little unstable, by that I mean, in cod:waw (online) I get a little stutter here and there, nothing much. :)

This on a Dell 1530

knaws

Guest Titan818

After install, the NVidia control panel is no longer under advanced display properties, or right clicking on the desktop. While I still had the uncleaned drivers around, I initiated NVCPLUI manually and activated SLI (my biggest concern). However, after it did all the configurations, I was still able to dual/split monitor, which didn't seem right to me. I did try uninstall/reinstall with a driver clean, and I'm still getting the same issues. Any suggestions or a recommendation of another driver?

Toshiba X205-Sli3

8600M GT Sli 256Mb

have you tried any of the other 180 drivers, such as 180.43, 180.44, 180.48, all of them are pritty good drivers