LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Forceware 182.46

Dox

what about the quadro cards dox?

will there be something for them anytime

No more quadro support is planned.

I suggest you stick to quadro drivers from nvidia's site and install using the modded inf for best performance.

First off thanks again for all your releases. I happen to be one of those guys that games on a company laptop and am stuck for now with a Quadro 135m. If your not going to do anymore releases for Quadro how would we use the modded inf best? Also what in your opinion Dox is the best driver out of yours to use for this chipset. I primarily play wow on it.

Thanks again!

Edited by CrazedBinary

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dox

• frank604

• ca36gtp

• ZeroX_Advanced

Awesome !!! Will test shortly, probably on the weekend and post some results...

Frank did u test it yet, sicne I know u have 8600m gs :P Any improvements for us ? :)

Actually, I am addicted to TF2 right now so that is the only game I've actually played with 182.46 :)

But I did notice fps gain in drakensang! More details to follow when I have more time... maybe this weekend?

First off thanks again for all your releases. I happen to be one of those guys that games on a company laptop and am stuck for now with a Quadro 135m. If your not going to do anymore releases for Quadro how would we use the modded inf best? Also what in your opinion Dox is the best driver out of yours to use for this chipset. I primarily play wow on it.

Thanks again!

You current one would be fine if you experience no problems and just play wow

Hey Dox, any idea why these drivers would bring up the old "nvlddmkm.sys has stopped responding and has recovered" error?

Hey Dox, any idea why these drivers would bring up the old "nvlddmkm.sys has stopped responding and has recovered" error?

Hi ca36gtp,

Did you do a clean install? You can check by following the steps I've screenshot'd for you. If you did do a clean install, then the nvlddmkm.sys should have a file version of 7.15.11.8246

lookm.jpg

Link to image is here.

Hope your error was just caused by the incorrect file version, then it's an easy fix.

Cheers,

Frank

PS. Haha, just realized you can see my wallpaper. Can you guys tell I'm a TF2 Addict?

PSS. Just realized that the screenshot alone may be hard to follow for some users, here is a detailed step by step.

1) Press WINKEY+R to open the run window

2) Type in "devmgmt.msc" and press enter without quotes to open device manager

3) Open "Display Adapters" branch

4) Double left-click on the "NVIDIA GEFORCE #### AA [Dox Optimised 182.46"

5) At the top of the new window, click on the "driver" tab. It is next to the "general" tab.

6) Click on "Driver Details"

7) Scroll down to view the file "nvlddmkm.sys"

8) Check the file version to make sure it is indeed a 182.46 file.

You can check this for the other files as well. Sometimes I forget a step during clean installs and this is an easy way to double check to make sure everything is in order.

Edited by frank604

Thanks, I'll check when I can (not at my laptop). I did do a clean install, but I suppose anything is possible..

Yeah, who knows? Probably an error from somewhere else, but who knows...

Seems like the error only happens in Crysis, so I don't think it's an overclock issue, though I'll try that if all else fails.

The driver version is correct.

EDIT: Still no errors with Furmark, no errors with Doom 3. Think I'm chalking this one up to Crysis being Crysis and not the driver.

Edited by ca36gtp

Guest Guest

Ok thx for the driver but for me and for other users : freeze and lag during game ... expect this problem, it looks better than the 182.05 ....

asus g50v 9700gt ...

See you

Hi again, Dox.

Haven't tested the drivers yet on my Vista, plan to do it today.

The frame skippings that I experience show very clearly in Burnout: Paradise, probably because of the way the environment constantly changes. It's the same as what other people have described about the nVidia stutter: the stuttering occurs about two-three minutes into the game, and can be 'reset' by minimizing to the desktop, although the game would skip again after another two-three minutes of smooth gameplay. It feels as though frames are leaking out the back of my LCD, the way games choke through the scenes :)

Guest jones

Hey Dox your optimised drivers are great but i have always had problems with these 18--- series on my m1530 with 8600m gt. Im not the only one with these problems, others with the same laptop have also reported bsod and massive stuttering and problems with video playback on these drivers. Im currently using 178.24 and they work fine but i want to update to these newer ones. Is there any solution or can u explain the issue.

thnx

stuff like this only nvidia can fix,

I only optimise what they have and hack into iq and performance settings.

This is beyond my scope since I dont have the source code to their drivers, plus it would be breaching their license agreement.

My advice to people who are wondering what drivers work well with them is to try out the last few releases from Dox and see which one works best for your rig. If the 182.46 is causing problems, try out the 182.05 (my personal favorite from Dox) and if that causes problems, keep trying the other drivers. Installing new drivers only takes a few minutes and spending the time to do so will be faster then asking, "Which drivers is best for my card?".

The popular Dox drivers are, IMHO, 182.05, 182.22, 180.84, 180.70

Read the threads for each driver and see what improvements or fixes each new driver contains. There is always the "common" problem of sleep and tv-out, and if the drivers don't correctly enable these features for you and you deem it is important enough, then simply just use standard nvidia drivers or your manufacturers driver. Sometimes you can't have everything you want :)

I personally like the 182.05 as it provides the coolest performance with adequate visuals installed under balanced; however, I'll stick with 182.46 to check out the remainder of my games. The 182.05 is the first driver in a long while that actually lets me do driver level overclocking, which is easier to change on-the-fly compared to the bios level overclocking. Overall 182.05 deserves a very large two thumbs up. So, what I'm trying to say here is... if this is your first time looking for a great driver from Dox or are looking to upgrade your drivers in a long while, my personal recommendation falls with the 182.05. Hope this answers some of your questions

PS. Thanks for the wonderful effort in providing this free service to the public and community here Dox. It is a beautiful thing when the community gathers together to bring what ever they can to the table. I'm sure if you ask for donations to help you going via paypal, there would be many of us who would send over appreciative funding to help you continue your work.

Suggestion: Perhaps making a separate thread with a sticky titled "Dox Driver Popularity Index" or something. Have a poll where people can vote for their favorite driver. Have a list of maximum 5 champion drivers customized by yourself (ie, 182.05, 180.84, 180.70, etc etc). This will eliminate the saturation in all the threads of new guests inquiring about improved performance over their old driver or what driver is best for their card? I don't know, this might be too much extra work on your behalf, but I can't stop thinking that this would be a great idea. Thoughts?

Edited by frank604

Guest nioubie

Hello, im using a 8600M GT, the drivers run fine but as in your previous drivers, i just cant use my External Monitor as Primary with Dual View.

The only option is to use the laptop screen as primary + the external.

Any idea please ? esle ive to go back to another driver :/

Thanks.

I'm sure if you ask for donations to help you going via paypal, there would be many of us who would send over appreciative funding to help you continue your work.

I would love to continue my work and will ALWAYS do this for free!

No need for donatations.

I still have stuff i'd like to get with my drivers before I hang my gloves which will keep me interested for abit longer :)

I'd like to start playing with ati drivers if I get a chance though.

Guest chomi_24
I would love to continue my work and will ALWAYS do this for free!

No need for donatations.

I still have stuff i'd like to get with my drivers before I hang my gloves which will keep me interested for abit longer :)

I'd like to start playing with ati drivers if I get a chance though.

What a great guy indeed!!!

Tnx for all of this...

Hi all,

I am new to this board,

First of DOX, thanks for your work in optimizing GPU drivers. :)

I have a Compal IFL90 notebook with a Nvidia 8600M GT 512 GPU Card.

I tried 182.46 today with FEAR 2 (full game).. The demo on stock drivers ran fine (really old 157.x I believe...)

Using the new installed drivers the game has great fps but will eventually run slower,

Then I get a blue screen of death (had it two times). 1 time directly in menu, other after playing 30 min.

Do you think it is due to the new 182.46 drivers? Should I try 182.05 instead?

-Or.. which other driver do you (or others on the board) recommend for my GPU?

Which is a 8600M GT 512M.

Thanks!

Edited by ZeroX_Advanced

Guest ShnikeJSB
Using the new installed drivers the game has great fps but will eventually run slower,

Then I get a blue screen of death (had it two times). 1 time directly in menu, other after playing 30 min.

Do you think it is due to the new 182.46 drivers? Should I try 182.05 instead?

-Or.. which other driver do you (or others on the board) recommend for my GPU?

Which is a 8600M GT 512M.

Thanks!

Did you uninstall correctly (uninstall, reboot into safe mode, run DriverSweeper and CCleaner registry cleaner, reboot normally, install new drivers, reboot)? Did you update to v1.02?

If so, do you use Xfire? Do you have a Saitek, Logitech, or Razer keyboard connected to your laptop by any chance? Do you overclock?

Guest Guest1987

Hello :) I have some problems i dunno maybe it is with card or something. Because when i play games i have fps drop, for example i have in cs 100 and then drop down and then again up.

In GTAIV when i first time make benchmark i have even about 22fps, but now i have only 15fps??? With the same driver :) My Card is 9600m GT.

Any advise where problem is???

P.S. sorry for my bad english :P

Hey, great to see youre back dox.

Im gonna create some good european mirrors on all your newest drivers.

But first... I installed these drivers and all seems well but each boot this thing comes up, saying that the drivers have been installed succesfully.. It doesnt happen with the previous set. They work but this minor thing is quite annoying lol.

lr540-1-vista-home-basic.jpg

Yeah i didnt printscreen the actual one so the pic above isnt the correct one but you get the idea im sure

Edited by REB

weird probably just a bug a bug with the nvidia drivers.

Hva to tried clean uninstalling and updating through device manager (install using have disk method)