LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Forceware 182.46

Dox

All of the official links to Dox's drivers seem to be dead - tried 182.05 (no mirror) and now this (mirror works fine)

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dox

• frank604

• ca36gtp

• ZeroX_Advanced

DOX's drivers are Gr8 as usual!!

i have already DOX 180.84 installed on my laptop HP Dv7t & 512MB 9600M GT!!

i don't know much abt these driver releases.. can u tell me which updated driver should i install now that can boost the preformance??

THX

Thx man work fine on my Go 7600. This driver increase a little the temp but also fps in game!!! :)

Guest Aaron

Thanks Dox - installed perfectly on my Hybrid SLI 9200m Gs/9400M G laptop. Keep doing what you are doing and us Hybrid folks should be fine.

Everything done @ 1680*1050 with high settings across the board:

Also to note I really noticed in the 182.46 drivers everything was a little too bright and faded which made the game look worse even at a quick glance. Looks like I`ll stick with 182.05 until the next batch.

DOX 182.05 Balanced

Idle 55C

Max 87C

Farcry 2

* Average Framerate: 32.96

* Max. Framerate: 46.91

* Min. Framerate: 28.49

nVidia 179.67

Idle 54C

Max 87C

Farcry 2

* Average Framerate: 30.96

* Max. Framerate: 42.88

* Min. Framerate: 27.05

DOX 182.46

Idle 55C

Max 88C

Farcry 2

* Average Framerate: 31.93

* Max. Framerate: 45.75

* Min. Framerate: 27.55

Edited by Exostenza

So I'm back on 182.46 after trying several other drivers and getting the same Crysis crashes, and I'm afraid I must eat my hat.

Apparently, at some point exactly coinciding with installing DOX 182.46 for the first time, my GPU decided that (after being fine for 2 weeks of Crysis prior) it no longer wanted to stay stable on Crysis at 1.11v, and wanted 1.15v instead. After upping the voltage, everything is stable again.

I don't know why the voltage requirement randomly changed, but whatever. I used the opportunity to bump my overclock a tiny bit.

Guest tgetkrunk

Hi Dox.

Thanks for the new tweaked drivers your a living legend.

In response to your question to mushi's post about stuttering with the 8600M GT. I find it stutters in BF2 and Far Cry 2 mainly. This has been an issue for me for a while now. I'm running vista 32 bit on a vostro 1500, 4gb ram, 2.2ghz core 2 duo. Any info that you or anyone else has would be great.

Thanks again.

ca36gtp can you tell me how your idle and max temps have changed with the voltage boost please.

ca36gtp can you tell me how your idle and max temps have changed with the voltage boost please.

Idle didn't change as the Forceware downclocking also changes voltage.

Max was 89C playing Crysis for an hour or so, 96C running Furmark in OMGWTFBBQ mode.

In general, it's about a 3C increase over 1.11v

Edited by ca36gtp

Dox:

I have also come back to the mountain. 182.46 is superb. But I digress. My reason for this note is to beg you to consider providing a Dox version of 185.66. From what I read, it's a great driver. But following a full day of crashes with the other mods, we need your help.

Thanks for your consideration in advance.

Guest AskingQ

Uh I was wondering...was this one done before 182.5 came out? I would think the 182.5 would be the stable and complete driver since it's the WHOL version. Does it really matter between these two drivers, dox?

DOX, just wanna add a HUGEEEE thanks for your job here! Your release is great for my sli 8700, keep up the good work! If you could make the powermizer work with it in sli, it would be awesome, but I am satisfied with it as it is also!

Cheers from Romania! :) :) :P

Guest Andrei

Amazing drivers for my Dell xps m1530 with Geforce 8600M GT (256 mb), went from 182.05 to this ones, i have a very good improvement on image editing (using filters, etc), on 3d graphics i have at least 40% less drops of FPS, pretty similar MAX fps (on FEAR 300+), and faster response from apps, overall this driver is GREAT, it supports OC as well, i only need to get myself 1 gb more of ram (i hv 2 gb) and i will OC this to 685 - 1030 for memory and i will have some more power to test, this driver kicks arse, Great work DOX!!!1

185.68 will be out soon, so keep ur eyes peeled.

I have not looked further, but 3DMark06 throws "IDirect3DDevice9::Present failed: Device lost (D3DERR_DEVICELOST)" error just when it is attempting CPU test (GPU ones are fine). When trying to launch Crysis, I get "Error loading NvMCTray.DLL", but the game still seems to be running in the background. Going back to 182.05 (balance) that were identical performance-wise with none of the problems that 182.46 appears to suffer from.

Guest Guest Don Pelayo

I am desperate.

I have a Dell Vostro 1700. I ships with Vista, whether you like it or not. After suffering it for a couple of years I decided to upgrade to XP-32, and to my surprise Dell refused to provide a driver for my card, an Nvidia GeForce 8600M GT. To my astonishment, Nvidia refused too. I have since tried dozens of drivers, and spent hours reading in forums. I have also read most of this thead and I hope that some of the very knowledgeable persons here might be able to help me.

The drivers that work accept being installed and allow smooth normal operation: browsing the internet and scrolling, for instance, work well. But if I try a 3D game (I am trying Oblivion, which ran smoothly enough in Vista) it just SUCKS. The frame rate is ridiculously low, and even moving the mouse pointer becomes difficult and cumbersome. This happens inside the game, in the initial menu it does move smoothly, so I assume the problem starts once the 3D engine comes into scene.

I have downloaded several drivers from this page and tried them with the same result; in each and every case I have downloaded the inf file to substitute the one that comes with the download. I have even downloaded "driver sweeper" (BTW, I assume it is the program you can find in the GURU3D page, here: www.guru3d.com/category/driversweeper/ , please do tell me if I downloaded the wrong program!) to perform a "clean install", to see if that worked. I have also looked though the drivers looking for one that explicitly states that supports my card. The few I found didn't work. I have finally tried this driver, too, feeling it would work, it HAD to work -so many people with my same card were happy with it! It didn't.

I should note that after following the instructions (removing the driver via "remove program" in the control panel, safe rebooting, running driver sweeper, booting and installing the drive) the driver version shown under the "driver" tab, in the window that appears after double clicking the Nvidia Display Adapter inside the Device Manager, is 6.14.11.8246, which is not the one shown in a screenshot in a previous message. I hope this gives a clue as to what could be wrong.

I have also downloaded PhysX from Nvidia, installed it and activated it via Nvidia control Panel.

Could someone please help me?

Hey DOX why no love for the 182.50 WHQL?

Guest Don Pelayo

As Dox announced 185.68 is out, unfortunately it doesn't work for me either.

I have one question that might have a lot to do with the problem. Nvidia states that their latest driver for notebooks supports my graphic card, but not if it is installed on a Vostro 1700 (among other models). How can that be? If it is the same card the same driver should work for the same platform, unless it were incompatible with other components, which doesn' make sense. The only remaining possibility is that the driver is capped by software to ensure it doesn't install on certain systems, due to spurius agreements between these companies, to promote Vista I suppose. If that were the case it should be possible, and legitimate, to bypass that check.

I hope this is not a bunch of nonsense and provides a hint. In any case, thanks for your attention.

Hi all. Looking for general help here. I've got a Toshiba p100-st9742 with go 7900gtx running on XP sp2. Been using nvidia's 179.48 beta mostly successfully. But I've got bad stuttering in TF2, so I tried some DOX drivers. 182.46 and 182.05 specifically (as well as xtreme-g 177.92). When installed, all 3 of these drivers would not run the gpu at normal speed, instead clocked down to nothing (100mhz). It was as if the drivers really didn't recognize my gpu. Ran real hot too (nvidia system monitor showed 100 degrees celcius). Any idea why such weird behavior? Between installs, I ran driver sweeper and driver cleaner pro in safe mode, so I don't think dirty install is the issue. Thanks in advance for your assistance.

Edited by Jingra

Ok I just tested it.

NVIDIA GeForce 9600M GT. Same performance on Dox's 182.02, same temperatures.

Ive installed this it seems to be doing good for me so far, ive notive my comp gets warmer even with the cooling pad

what temp should get me worried ?? I dont want to cook my card /or laptop

Ive tested it with Real Temp 3.00: not sure if this app is accurate and if everyone here is using it to check their temp

avrg 48c idle

My screen resolution settings wont save , when I resume from sleep or reboot , it always goes back to 800x600 and I get black screen flash just before setup for an application or specific actions, its no big deal but if it can be fixed somehow Id like to know :) my setup is LCD on laptop singleview

btw thanks dox for your work it is appreciated

Edited by lapi

Great driver! Compared to stock 179.27, frames are up for Crysis, which is exactly what I was looking for. Min FPS is up 5, Max FPS is up 5, and average is up ~3.

im getting more and more black screen flash, is anyone else experiencing this ??

Its becoming out of control..