LaptopVideo2Go Forums

How to mod and sign NVIDIA drivers with TPU NVCleanstall

StefanG3D

Hey I'm wondering what's the latest modded driver to use for a GTX 680M? I showed my friend this tool so he could easily mod the driver himself but he said he always just ends up with a blackscreen after installing a modded one. I thought he could just grab the latest one that still has kepler support and go for it. (GK104) I told him to maybe try booting into test signing mode.

Edited by Sildur

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• StefanG3D

• aledsav1

• TheRandomOne

• silverbullettt

I suppose it's 471.96, latest for Kepler.

46 minutes ago, zipper said:

I suppose it's 471.96, latest for Kepler.

Tried that, but same black screen issue, windows boots but no display.

38 minutes ago, Sildur said:

Unpack the last official driver 425.31

Then in NVCleanstall select "show expert tweaks" and tick "disable driver telemetry".

This will trigger rebuilding signature

Check if this causes the black screen

Otherwise upload a DXDiag.txt created by dxdiag.exe so we exactly know the actual system that is affected.

On 9/12/2021 at 8:44 PM, StefanG3D said:

Unpack the last official driver 425.31

Then in NVCleanstall select "show expert tweaks" and tick "disable driver telemetry".

Check if this causes the black screen

Otherwise upload a DXDiag.txt created by dxdiag.exe so we exactly know the actual system that is affected.

I see, fowared it to him, time to wait and see how it does.

Hello,

I also have the same issues described by Sildur.

I tried to install with latest NVIDIA driver 472.12 by several attemps but always gets a black screen.

Also the 471.68 driver doesn't work.

My laptop is a Alienware m17xR5 with Nvidia Geforce 780m graphic device. The dxdiag.txt is attached below.

I also tried your suggestion:

"Unpack the last official driver 425.31

Check if this causes the black screen"

This installs the driver normally without any issue.

I also tried to modify the inf files by myself, but it also ends in a blackscreen during installation and after reboot.

The PC is running normally but no screen is displayed.

Only the latest official driver425.31 for 780m 425.31 driver is running well, which is too old to test BF 2042 beta 😞.

DxDiag.txt

Edited by Jonny7777

1 hour ago, Jonny7777 said:

This installs the driver normally without any issue.

Now try GeForce 426.50 Quadro mobile from the same branch.

Then random drivers from subsequent branches r430, r435, r440 etc.

Thanks for the fast reply.

I tried several drivers today.

The last working without black screen was "462.96-quadro-rtx-desktop-notebook-win10-64bit-international-dch-whql"

From version "471.11-quadro-rtx-desktop-notebook-win10-64bit-international-dch-whql" on all driver installation ended in black screen.

Do you have any ideas, why the newer 47x drivers doesn't work?

34 minutes ago, Jonny7777 said:

Do you have any ideas, why the newer 47x drivers doesn't work?

Probably a deviation between old VBIOS and new driver functions.

Did the laptop come pre-installed with custom software that manipulates the graphics somehow?

Sorry to bother you guys, but how  I could install a Kepler 8GB GTX 870M (PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_1199&SUBSYS_74811558&REV_A1) with this tool?

I don’t think so. But I had a forte pivot driver for 2nd monitor. 
Unfortunately after deinstalling the issue was not resolved . Still a black screen .

I will try now to install the newest driver on another notebook with older 580m card.

I will report you soon.

Edited by Jonny7777

3 hours ago, pescador_niii said:

Sorry to bother you guys, but how  I could install a Kepler 8GB GTX 870M (PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_1199&SUBSYS_74811558&REV_A1) with this tool?

Follow the step-by-step instruction in first post.

3 hours ago, Jonny7777 said:

I will try now to install the newest driver on another notebook with older 580m card.

Read the remarks about Fermi architecture in first post.

Hi Stefan, I really tried, but I don't understand if I have to manually mod a driver inf or just add PCI ID (DEV_1199). The second option don't work, when Nvidia install script starts says that my hardware are unsupported.

I already tried to mod and install 472.12 but many strings are different from last time I modded (457 branch), so I'm stuck...

13 hours ago, pescador_niii said:

Hi Stefan, I really tried, but I don't understand if I have to manually mod a driver inf or just add PCI ID (DEV_1199). The second option don't work, when Nvidia install script starts says that my hardware are unsupported.

Manual INF modding is no longer needed (except from Windows update drivers)

You only need to fill out following screen

970M is most similar to 870M, vendor ID 1558 = Clevo

stefan077-20211008.gif

Stefan, thank you very much. Works like a charm!

Sorry to bother with noob questions!

This tool is fantastic! Congratulations! :clap:

1 hour ago, Slayercom said:

Alienware 17 2014 year Is it possible to install a 1050-1060 card?

IDK, ask here:

https://www.techinferno.com/index.php?/forum/8-alienware/

or here:

http://forum.notebookreview.com/forums/alienware.1018/

Regarding the driver, read the passage about messed up SUBSYS_ID in 1st post.

On 10/7/2021 at 7:39 PM, Jonny7777 said:

The last working without black screen was "462.96-quadro-rtx-desktop-notebook-win10-64bit-international-dch-whql"

On 9/12/2021 at 8:03 PM, Sildur said:

Can you try 463.15 and in case of success reply there with a GPU-Z screenshot?

• 2 weeks later...

Hallo Stefan,

I followed your instructions carefully to try installing 392.68 on my GTX580M-equipped M17X-R3. I installed 391.35 minimal drivers + HDMI audio first and then tried to run the 392.68 installer after without DDU, clean-install, etc., but it reports that is is incompatible. Also tried NVCleanstall without hardware support. With hardware support, I don't know what template to use are there are no Quadro xxxxM (Fermi) on the list.

PS: Thank you so much for this invaluable site - I have been a member for nearly 12 years to configure countless computers!!

Edit: I tried enabling hardware support and used an NVS template with the correct device ID 1211 and it works! Does it matter what template to use from a performance (enabling number of cores, clocks, etc.) standpoint?

Edited by superdave643

9 minutes ago, superdave643 said:

With hardware support, I don't know what template to use are there are no Quadro xxxxM (Fermi) on the list.

They were named NVS at the time

stefan052-20211121-221832.gif

• 1 month later...

Hello everyone!

I have a HP Elitebook 8770W laptop with a Nvidia Quadro K3000M Graphics. The last supported driver from Nvidia is : R418 U9 (426.78) 2020.6.24 (For windows 10).

I was hoping to get a newer driver (Newest possible) to install on my windows 11. It would be very kind if someone could tell me which driver I can download to modify with NVCleanstall and make compatible with my K3000M. Apart from using adobe Premiere (not professionally) I use this laptop for Playing games, watching movies and Audio recording. So I am more after performance then PRO QUADRO STABILITY.

I thank you in advance for any help.

1 hour ago, birdy said:

I have a HP Elitebook 8770W laptop with a Nvidia Quadro K3000M Graphics. The last supported driver from Nvidia is : R418 U9 (426.78) 2020.6.24 (For windows 10).

I was hoping to get a newer driver (Newest possible) to install on my windows 11. It would be very kind if someone could tell me which driver I can download to modify with NVCleanstall and make compatible with my K3000M. Apart from using adobe Premiere (not professionally) I use this laptop for Playing games, watching movies and Audio recording. So I am more after performance then PRO QUADRO STABILITY.

R470 is last series with (working) Kepler code, try 472.84

template: M3000M, vendor ID 103C=HP

• StefanG3D featured this topic