LaptopVideo2Go Forums

How to mod and sign NVIDIA drivers with TPU NVCleanstall

StefanG3D

17 minutes ago, aledsav1 said:

got error 43,

Check out: https://thegeekpage.com/fix-error-nvidia-code-43-windows-has-stopped-this-device-because-it-has-reported-problems/

Unfortunately nobody has a plausible explanation, why code 43 happens at all.

20 minutes ago, aledsav1 said:

But just to clarify, once I have completed the NVC part I still need to do the TESTSIGNING and INTEGRITY DISABLE, or can I run driver with out those or do I need to do both?

You need none, because NVCleanstall creates a valid signature.

21 minutes ago, aledsav1 said:

ahh and also I can never find the nv_disp.inf

I only have nv_dispig?

The name doesn't matter, NVIDIA's setup.exe searches in all INF's

If you mod a Quadro or Tesla driver, they have yet different names.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• StefanG3D

• aledsav1

• TheRandomOne

• silverbullettt

Ok so I seem to have maybe found my issue with error 43, I followed the guide (exactly I am sure) NVC creates the driver after I filled out the relevant areas however when I then looked in the nv_dispig file my ID 249D was not in the list, and at the bottom my card 'NVIDIA Geforce RTX 3070 laptop GPU' was not there either,  I had added this to NVC but the newly created driver did not contain those?? any ideas what i did wrong

18 minutes ago, aledsav1 said:

Ok so I seem to have maybe found my issue with error 43, I followed the guide (exactly I am sure) NVC creates the driver after I filled out the relevant areas however when I then looked in the nv_dispig file my ID 249D was not in the list, and at the bottom my card 'NVIDIA Geforce RTX 3070 laptop GPU' was not there either,  I had added this to NVC but the newly created driver did not contain those?? any ideas what i did wrong

Did you look at the original INF in the source folder or at the copy in the temp folder? Only the copy will be modified.

The copy, I have a folder named premod for the original drivers and folder named modded for the copies. SO not in the temp folder as I save the driver and then install, but just tried direct install from NVC still the same results, I will get back to it in the morning and try and figure it out but everything is being done according to the guide, I have even tried amending the copy version of nv-dispig by adding the 249D string in the relevant section and then adding the device (3070 laptop etc) at the bottom section, then installing but getting the same results...thankyou for now

6 minutes ago, aledsav1 said:

The copy, I have a folder named premod for the original drivers and folder named modded for the copies. SO not in the temp folder as I save the driver and then install, but just tried direct install from NVC still the same results, I will get back to it in the morning and try and figure it out but everything is being done according to the guide, I have even tried amending the copy version of nv-dispig by adding the 249D string in the relevant section and then adding the device (3070 laptop etc) at the bottom section, then installing but getting the same results...thankyou for now

Might be a Windows permission issue, not my expertise.

Try the alternative method described in the second post on page one.

So I have tried the alternative method with failed to install error

I do not know where I am going wrong, at least with the first method it installs but with error 43 I think due to the inf file not changing? but with method 2 install fail?

After spending several hours on this I am thinking I have no choice but to use the 'magic' chinese double driver solution

941144224_Screenshot2022-12-14073311.png.ddabf43760e66791d9091aa0c8c59911.png

Screenshot 2022-12-14 072958.png

StefanG3D 

You may not be interested but have you looked at the chinese drivers that get these rtx m cards working?

the first driver has a nv_dispig file including these cards info, but that driver alone will not get the cards working until the second driver is also installed

the second driver does not have a nv_dipsig or inf file??

maybe you have some knowledge as to why the cards will not work with NVC method, but the chinese drivers work?

8 hours ago, aledsav1 said:

the second driver does not have a nv_dipsig or inf file??

maybe you have some knowledge as to why the cards will not work with NVC method, but the chinese drivers work?

2nd driver contains nvamig.inf

If you sort the folders by date, you can see what they changed.

The file Hcert.cfg contains a certificate which has to be written into Windows registry

I don't know how driver signing exactly works, that's why i use NVCleanstall now or manual modding plus disabling driver signatures in the old days.

9 hours ago, aledsav1 said:

I do not know where I am going wrong, at least with the first method it installs but with error 43 I think due to the inf file not changing? but with method 2 install fail?

941144224_Screenshot2022-12-14073311.png.ddabf43760e66791d9091aa0c8c59911.png

Make sure you have the right section number, this can change randomly in every driver.

Left and right from equality sign should match

Try like this:

%NVIDIA_DEV.249D% = Section010, PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_249D

Great thank you,

I shall have a look at the 2nd driver files nvamig.inf and look at he Hcert.cfg as someone else as already mentioned it was originally a Hcert.reg file.

I did already changed the right hand side of the equity which made no difference, the only thing I am not sure about is the section number I shall have to investigate that.

Again all new ground for me this so I am getting a little lost, but really appreaciate your assistance.

Out of curiosity i tried the chinese driver on my laptop, since it coincidentially supports RTX 3080 laptop ($249c)

Step 1
rename hcert.cfg to hcert.reg
double-click to inject into registry

Step 2

run setup 1

tcleehcd-cert.png
reboot and check device manager
result code 52

tcleehcd--cert3.png

Step 3

install 2nd package via forced have disk method
because my Acer subsystem is missing in nvamig.inf  (am = Asus mobile)
now driver 512.15 is completely installed

That still does not explain why you get code 43 via NVCleanstall

Maybe the Ali GPU doesn't like the new driver series for whatever reason
Try to install any other R510 driver via NVCleanstall

After 1st chinese driver I have error 31, why it is different error to your 52?

Anyway I have tried modding driver 516  and after install still error 43, I also modded not only nv-disp but also nvamig file just incase?

But I have got to the end of this now as over 3 days attempting to install a modded driver with NVC either auto or manual modding of strings and no success.

If I first use the 2 chinese drivers then I can install a modded 527 driver fine I then remove TEST and DISABLE and all ok.

It will take someone with far more knowledge than me (NONE!) to get a driver installed with these cards

10 hours ago, aledsav1 said:

After 1st chinese driver I have error 31, why it is different error to your 52?

Code 52 means fishy certificate, which brings up the next question:
Why does using a fishy certificate twice result as legit? Looks like a design flaw in Windows.

According to https://www.techpowerup.com/vgabios/250799/250799
the AliExpress GPU has 0 MB memory 💩
Whatever they manipulated in the VBIOS, they didn't do it properly.

On 12/15/2022 at 4:23 PM, StefanG3D said:

According to https://www.techpowerup.com/vgabios/250799/250799
the AliExpress GPU has 0 MB memory 💩
Whatever they manipulated in the VBIOS, they didn't do it properly.

There are a few bioses for these cards on tech showing the correct memory

https://www.techpowerup.com/vgabios/247267/247267

https://www.techpowerup.com/vgabios/246865/246865

Edited by aledsav1

12 minutes ago, aledsav1 said:

There are a few bioses for these cards on tech showing the correct memory

You can probably flash them with NVFlash, at your own risk of course.

If you are adventurous you could spend 10 quid on an "SPI Hardware Flasher" (which you probably also find at Aliexpress) and try "cross-flashing"

Judging from the 2nd driver they modded an ASUS VBIOS

https://www.techpowerup.com/vgabios/?architecture=Uploads&manufacturer=&model=RTX+3070+Mobile&interface=&memType=&memSize=&since=

11 hours ago, StefanG3D said:

You can probably flash them with NVFlash, at your own risk of course.

If you are adventurous you could spend 10 quid on an "SPI Hardware Flasher" (which you probably also find at Aliexpress) and try "cross-flashing"

Judging from the 2nd driver they modded an ASUS VBIOS

https://www.techpowerup.com/vgabios/?architecture=Uploads&manufacturer=&model=RTX+3070+Mobile&interface=&memType=&memSize=&since=

I have already tried 1 asus bios which kind of bricked the card, fortunately I have a ch341a so was able to reflash with original bios, I might just try some more bios flashes see if any of them work, I think the issue with the legit bioses are that the outputs on these cards do not in anyway match the mobile bioses outputs.

318451294_895921144912707_5185767631746151547_n.jpg

I now think I know where I was going wrong and why the modding did not work, school boy error me thinks.

I was modding notebook drivers and not desktop drivers...live and learn

55 minutes ago, aledsav1 said:

I now think I know where I was going wrong and why the modding did not work, school boy error me thinks.

I was modding notebook drivers and not desktop drivers...live and learn

That shouldn't matter, both packages are identical.

Check the originals (not the modded) with a checksum generator, eg

527.56-desktop-win10-win11-64bit-international-dch-whql.exe 27F75EA3
527.56-notebook-win10-win11-64bit-international-dch-whql.exe 27F75EA3

The FrankenDriver is an odd package, can't be unpacked with 7zip and it deletes the unpacked content after installation.
I assume that the modder does it intentionally 💩

10 minutes ago, StefanG3D said:

The FrankenDriver is an odd package, can't be unpacked with 7zip and it deletes the unpacked content after installation.
I assume that the modder does it intentionally 💩

Yes I did try unpacking to have a look what was going in...shame hes so secretive 

7 minutes ago, aledsav1 said:

Yes I did try unpacking to have a look what was going in...shame hes so secretive 

You can backup the content from c:\NVIDIA\ whilst the installer is running.

It has a folder FrankenDriver with certificate and modded NVI

Sort the folder DisplayDriver by date to expose the changed files.

nv_disp.cat    2.691.352    17.12.2022 15:20    -a--
nvamig.inf    2.263.755    17.12.2022 15:07    -a--
nv_dispig.inf    738.445    17.12.2022 15:07    -a--

23 minutes ago, StefanG3D said:

You can backup the content from c:\NVIDIA\ whilst the installer is running.

It has a folder FrankenDriver with certificate and modded NVI

Sort the folder DisplayDriver by date to expose the changed files.

nv_disp.cat    2.691.352    17.12.2022 15:20    -a--
nvamig.inf    2.263.755    17.12.2022 15:07    -a--
nv_dispig.inf    738.445    17.12.2022 15:07    -a--

I will give that a go at some stage, thanks

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

i have an old Asus Laptop G70S with Nvidia 8700M GT (SLI). I have installed fresh Windows 11 22H2 with Rufus, but the latest Graphic Driver 342.01 crashes Windows with Bluescreen.

Now i want to install a modded driver newer Version. 344.x ?

Anything i do i didn´t get a Template in NVCleanInstall. I have the latest Version 1.14.

To test it i have unziped the latest official driver 342.01 and used NVCleaninstall, but also here no Template. My Card (8700M GT) is in the .inf File under Display.Driver -> nv_dispi.inf

I tested 341.96 official NV Drivers this runs with random BSOD. If Monitor goes to Sleep Mode i have a frozen Screen with a movable Mouse.

6 hours ago, Starfoxfs said:

i have an old Asus Laptop G70S with Nvidia 8700M GT ...

Now i want to install a modded driver newer Version. 344.x ?

No dice. The code for your GPU's micro-architecture has been physically removed in later drivers.

16 hours ago, StefanG3D said:

No dice. The code for your GPU's micro-architecture has been physically removed in later drivers.

Ok thanks, that´s a bad news for me. I try some older Nvidia drivers and hope some of them working nice in Windows 11 22h2

The worst is the freezing Dekstop after the monitor was in sleep mode (or Energysaving mode). After this i see the Desktop is frozen and i can move my mouse. The only thing i can reactivated this is strg+alt+del to Taskmanager and then back to desktop that helps.

I need the Sleep Mode because i´m often away from keyboard and i needs more Energy and the Monitor can burn in.

I do avoid sleep - using a SSD hibernate is fast enough for me.

• StefanG3D featured this topic