LaptopVideo2Go Forums

NVTweak

mobilenvidia

A GUI based Tweak adder/remover, it has all the settings that come in my INF but here you can control which are enabled/disabled individually.

For all the info and download look here:

NVTweak

You may recognise some of my input with this great little utility.

It is frequently updated, so check back often

Enjoy.

Edited by mobilenvidia

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• H4ck 3D

• mobilenvidia

• ®®®

• Fabrice Roux

Great site! It improved over time. Can't remember my last visit , but must have been a few months ago.

must try out nvtweak.

This program is pretty cool...

• 3 weeks later...

Rewt, remember that the files at the server should be lowercase'd or you would run into problems when linking them :)

Hi guess who?

It is me, rewt. hehe

:P

You're right ®®® filenames can be very tricky sometimes. Luckily FrontPage makes it pretty simple for me to make stuff error-free :)

Thanks again Pieter :)

No thanks required, just glad to help.

I must actually try Frontpage myself, I've made dream(weaver)s come true since the start.

Ah! Another Front Page user! Welcome aboard, Rewt... It's great to have you here! You do some amazing work!

:)

Hello Rewt :) Welcome to our quaint little community :)

Hi, thank you all very much for the warm welcome :)

:P

Also, Teraphy thats a nice little PHP script you have in your sig. Genious I say, genious!

:)

• 3 weeks later...

Doesn't seem to make any changes with the modded 71.20 driver installed. :)

Once you install with my INF the only thing (at this point) that NVTweak can do is turn tweaks off.

I have enabled everything.

NVTweak is still very handy for those individual settings or just playing around.

Hey guys!

I updated the utility once more. Version 1.7.1 now available on my homepage.

I Hope you all likey :)

http://nvtweak.laptopvideo2go.com/

PS - Pieter I have deleted all the old versions from the directory. So you might like to update your direct link to the file accordingly :) Oh and BTW did you find those Leadtek drivers I uploaded? If so, were they of any use?

Cheers,

Joshua

I have removed that direct link, I don't like direct links as it by passes the persons hard work on the website.

No longer any need to update links, just remond us of new updates.

71.50, no, I have had a look around but can't find it.

Give me clue, am I getting hotter :)

Give me clue, am I getting hotter :)

hehe. Ok. Heres your clue. But you only get one :)

Have a look in the nvtweak infs folder.

Was there a particular reason you needed these? I'm not sure if they're any different than the ones you have?

Found it, the setup files I'm not happy with, I'm going to remove the Leadtek installer and replce with nVidia one.

I ran out of room on my HD so had a massive cleanup, and deleted the original file. doe!!

I can now fix that booboo.

It would have been alright if everybody else didn't host the version I made.

I'll delete file afterwards (and cheers, phew 1 clue was enough, the only dir I didn't look in ofcourse)

lol. That sounds just like me. Every time I find something, it's in the last place I look... grrr

;-)

• 3 weeks later...

I find the NVTweak nifty, but... sorry, my screen 800x600 (TV) does not like the size of the button form window used. Non-rezisable, as it is, makes the utility really troubesome to work with. :)

• 3 weeks later...

I noticed the very same issue on my pop's computer. He runs 800 x 600 res and the prog takes almost the entire screen :)

Therefore in my next version I will have to implement a better layout. Also working on making it .NET compatible for the upcoming Microsoft OS. But as of this moment there are no .NET drivers to work with. :)

As always, thank you for the feedback.

• 3 months later...
Guest Garak

Ugh, dot net..

If you can program in regular, built in languages.. Why use .net?

The upcoming OS, longhorn won't be out for a long time, defintely more then a year from now, it's still alpha, not even in beta yet. .NET is built in, but it's still slow and resource hungry.

Every .dot app i've used is sluggish and uses way too much ram. There not much reason to have it installed. Well poor ATI users have too, with their CCC (crappy control center)

Especialy for your upcoming NVtray app, you want it as lightweight as possible. If it uses allot more then the default tray app, i cant see myself using it.

I guess with some work you could trim off allot of the librairies it loads and keep the ram usage low. I haven't seen a .net app that does that yet, but I guess it could be possible.

For 800x600 support, you could devide it up into 2 pages, with a next/prev button. Resizable dialogs are just messy.

I think LogiGamer LITE uses .NET and has low RAM/CPU usage. (Profiler software for Logitech MX mice)

http://www.logigamer.com/

The original one didn't.

Anyway it is possible to make .NET apps that don't hog CPU/RAM.

Hello Rewt! I may be a little late, but I just wanted to say thanks for this little utility :) It's really helpful!

Just to let everyone know that, when you enable the "Improve Core System Performance" it doesn't allow the paging of the kernel. X-Setup can describe it best when stating:

"Page Kernel: Windows, by default, is allowed to page parts of its kernel (the heart of Windows). This only happens if a lot of programs are opened, but it will slow down your system badly. For maximum performance, you should deactivate this option. Important: Disabling this option will not work if you wish to use any standby power function (e.g. Hibernate or Stand-By)"

Thanks

Guest Guest

Wow, great app Bill. Was looking for something that did that, per-application mouse profiles my my mx518.

Unfortunately, no the regular version is the .NET one, which uses well over 30 Megs of ram for a tiny 500k app which also relies on Logitech bloated setpoint driver to work, which load another 15mb of ram.. A good ~40mb wasted.

Stand alone would be so nice. Logitech drivers arent even normally neccasary for the mouse to function since everything is built in on it.

The new lite version sounds promising, it's pure c++, no .NET for that reason, to be lite. But right now it just crash's on me...

In any case, the .net version seems to work, but is so bloated I doubt ill use it. ~40mb less ram... ouch.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Shaw0817

when in NVTweak i try to go to (Settings)-(Advanced Windows Tweaks) but i get an error which says "Run Time Error '339':

Component 'MSCOMCTL.OCX' or one of its dependencies not correctly registered: a file is missing or invalid." That is the error i get and i really need to get to the advanced windows tweaks so any advice would be appreciated thanks!!

Shaw0817, try installing this file to your system directory.

http://www.dll-files.com/dllindex/dll-files.shtml?mscomctl

That's one thing I like about .NET, there are far less dependency issues. .NET doesn't really eat up that much resources either. In fact it frees up resources when apps need it most.