LaptopVideo2Go Forums

NVTweak

mobilenvidia

Thats because NVIDIA drivers for Vista only provide very limited functionality. Vista is not final, nor is driver support.

Most graphics tweak tools don't even support Vista yet. NVTray is one of the first, but you could say it is a little before its time.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• H4ck 3D

• mobilenvidia

• ®®®

• Fabrice Roux

Guest Olivier Jacquemard

Hello,

NVTray 1.0.5.1 create too much Handles (4 every second) on my Windows XP, and after some hours it crash.

Cordialy,

Olivier Jacquemard

PS: I use TaskInfo to recover the result.

NVTray 1.0.5.1 create too much Handles (4 every second)

There seems to be a small fault in my code that handles shared memory (which the on screen display uses).

No need to be alarmed, as it's nothing major. My timer just keeps creating the same handles every second. I'll look into it asap and try and fix it.

Thanks for the tip, as I hadn't noticed it before.

Edited by H4ck 3D

regarding vista rc1, will we have to wait for a more complete driver for vista from nvidia in order for nvtweak to work or will you be making an update for 96.33?

Or do we wait for an update whenever more complete drivers come out? lol... I just REALLY want to overclock in vista , grrrrrrr

Alex,

NVTweak already supports Vista. The problem is, NVIDIA Vista drivers are very incomplete and those function that NVTweak unlocks (such as Overclocking) are not built into the drivers yet. There's nothing I can do about it.

I suggest if you absolutely must overclock, use XP. Or mod your video bios.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Hello all!

I faced the following problem. Help me out please!

When setting gpu/mem clocks higher than the factory/bios value, the OSD part of NVTray freezes. Well, not freezes but returns the following .NET error:

Unhandled exception has occured in your application [...]Input string was not in correct format.

Details:

See the end of this message for details on invoking

just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************

System.FormatException: Input string was not in a correct format.

at System.Number.StringToNumber(String str, NumberStyles options, NumberBuffer& number, NumberFormatInfo info, Boolean parseDecimal)

at System.Number.ParseInt32(String s, NumberStyles style, NumberFormatInfo info)

at i.c(Object A_0, EventArgs A_1)

at System.Windows.Forms.Timer.OnTick(EventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.Timer.TimerNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************

mscorlib

Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0

Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.42 (RTM.050727-4200)

CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll

----------------------------------------

OSDServer

Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0

Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0

CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/NVTray/OSDServer.exe

System.Windows.Forms

CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll

System

CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll

System.Drawing

CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************

To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this

application or computer (machine.config) must have the

jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.

The application must also be compiled with debugging

enabled.

For example:

<configuration>

<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />

</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception

will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer

rather than be handled by this dialog box.

It happens when I increase the core+mem clock. If I decrease the clocks eveything works fine. Clock setting are made on nVidia control panel, so I do not make any BIOS changes.

I use an nVidia 7950 GT card @ 550/1400 factory clocks. I increase clocks to 570/1440 and it works fine, but the OSDServer wont :)

I use Windows XP x64 Edition Build 3790 (Service Pack 1)

I would really appreciate any help.

Thanks in advance,

j03y

• 2 weeks later...

I think, nvtray need a cool feature ;-)

It is a hot key for enable/disable the osd.

I want see the osd only after press hot key ;-) I think it will be cool...

What do you think about it?

Also, this tool doesn't have ability disable hot key for creation screenshot.

• 4 months later...
Guest Guest

LOVE NVTWEAK/TRAY

anyway... I have Vista now and use the latest drivers from laptopvideo2go.com (HERE) my problem is x64 nvtray doesnt work properly, any clues or details on working on a new release since Vista is final????

oh that and in the OSD when i switch from Celcus to Farenheight it still stays Celcius (on all 4 of my systems <XPx32-XP-64-Vista-64-Vista-32)

THANKS

Can someone tell me how this thing works? I'm a video card noob and just want to get Battlefield 2142 to perform at it's best!

Guest Guest

Anyone know why NVTray won't come on at Startup, even though I have selected for it to happen, it appears in the TaskManager, but nothing in the SysTray, to get it to work I have to end the process and start it again.

Guest pengfx

Hello, love the options of the program, but is there anyway to disable the fps/video card clock speeds in the top left corner when playing games? It can get pretty annoying at times... thanks

Guest Phil

Hi, I love the program but unfortunaetly I'm getting a .NET framework error right now. The program worked fine for a day, but now I get this error when I log on to XP.

Unhandled exception has occured on your application. If you click Continue, the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue. If you click Quit, the application will close immediately.

Input string was not in a correct format.

Then the details go on to say:

See the end of this message for details on invoking

just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************

System.FormatException: Input string was not in a correct format.

at System.Number.StringToNumber(String str, NumberStyles options, NumberBuffer& number, NumberFormatInfo info, Boolean parseDecimal)

at System.Number.ParseInt32(String s, NumberStyles style, NumberFormatInfo info)

at v.a(Object A_0, EventArgs A_1)

at System.Windows.Forms.Timer.OnTick(EventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.Timer.TimerNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************

mscorlib

CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll

NVTray

Assembly Version: 1.0.5.1

Win32 Version: 1.0.5.1

CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/NVTray/NVTray.exe

System.Windows.Forms

CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll

System

CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll

System.Drawing

CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll

System.Management

CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Management/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Management.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************

To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this

application or computer (machine.config) must have the

jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.

The application must also be compiled with debugging

enabled.

For example:

<configuration>

<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />

</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception

will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer

rather than be handled by this dialog box.

Any guidance in the right direction is much appreciated. :)

Been a long time ATI user, but recently upgraded graphics to nVidia (7900 GS OC).

Was pleased to see nVTray - similar in style to the excellent ATI Tray Tools.

I downloaded the beta version 1.0.5.1, because I like the OSD (shows FPS etc on

screen). Only problem is, I can't seem to make it turn on. I am running this

under Vista. I believe Vista (32bit Ultimate) includes .NET support. Anyone

have any suggestions ? Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...

Like MagicSoul, the OSD doesn't turn on for me. It doesn't matter which options I choose on the OSD Settings tab, the OSD just doesn't appear when I run a game. I tried it on several DirectX games, so it's not isolated to one game.

Other bugs:

* When I try to access the Hardware > Screen Resolution submenu, NVTray eats up 100% of my first core for about 10 seconds. Only after that does the menu appear.

* Adding or removing tabs from the Nvidia Control Panel has no effect. I close the NCP, add or remove tabs then when I reload the NCP, nothing's changed.

GC: Point of View GeForce 8800 GTS 640MB.

Drivers: Forceware 160.04 beta for Vista x86

Edited by kronix

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Guest

Thanks for a very nice utility.

* When I try to access the Hardware > Screen Resolution submenu, NVTray eats up 100% of my first core for about 10 seconds. Only after that does the menu appear.

Hardware > Screen Resolution submenu is pretty useless for me

1) It takes about a minute to show the selection of modes

2) It impossible to quickly scroll to the desired mode.

click to see a screenshot

On my screen (1440x1080) I can only see resolutions from 320x to 800x in 8bit - imagine how many "invisible pages" are there. (Monitor supports resolutions from 320x200 to 2048x1536. ~20 resolutions x ~6-8 possible refresh rates x 3 bit depths = too much )

Maybe keeping bit depth, refresh rate and resolution in separate menus - Nvidia style - could be an option?

3) Those really small arrows on the top and bottom should be at least 2x higher (at least at higher screen resolutions)

4) 8, 16, 32 bit selection should be separate IMO. How often do you change bit depth anyway? 1x/year?

5) Adding option to disable/enable showing some refresh rates could be useful (LCDs usually don't use anything higher than 75)

• 2 months later...

I hate to seem dense, but where is NVTweak? I have NVTray 1048 installed, which is supposed to come with NVTweak, but I can't find an option to run it or an executable anywhere. Is there a setting somewhere that I missed?

DC

Not sure why, maybe somone here can help me........but both rivatuner, and nvtray give me an nv_disp error and bsod.

I don't overclock at all, I also do not adjust fan settings my temps are about 50-60, so I am kind alost as to why both programs give me the exact same error and issue.

I install nvtray or rivatuner, set settings that I use wich are 16x aiso, trillinear mipmaps forced, 16xQ fsaa, Super sampleing aa tranceparency, high quality res, v-sync always off, Gama correction on, Overide any application setting, neg-lod clamped, threaded optimizations on.

My specs are as follows:

Core2duo 2.66ghz

EVGA 8800gts 640MB

2 x 1gb corsaire xms2 ddr800 mem

Asus p5k Deluxe mainboard.

Again I am not overclocked, I haven't adjusted fan control at all.

After the error and bsod I uninstall either rivatuner or nvtray (I don't use both at once) , I have to end up uninstalling drivers, and re-installing them again to get rid of the nv_disp error and bsod issues.

So any ideas?

NvTray is a great tool when it was working not the authors fault Nvidia changed so many things in there drivers and control panel the tool is useless for the new drivers and causes more problems then its worth. I truely hope this tool comes back to life it has great potential and there is so many features new and old to add heck NVTray needs a total revamp from the ground up maybe have as many or options much like its brother ATT and I look forward to that day.

• 2 weeks later...

when i enable clock frequencies in NVTweak i still dont have the clocking optings you show in the NVIDIA tab in display settings,, when i open that tab it only has a button that open my NVIDIA control panel which also does not have clocking options... my driver is 163.71 and i have a geforce go 7300.. (still trying to find best driver for this card running oblivion)

any help would be greatly appreciated

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Is it possible to have a stand-alone version of NVTweak ?

Maybe a single exe with no need to install :)

• 4 weeks later...

I just installed NVTray, NVTweak, and the coolbits.reg file.

How do I bring up the Clock Frequencies so that I can overclock my video card?

When I right-click on my desktop and select Properties, then go to Settings, then Advanced, then on the GeForce 8800 Ultra tab, there's no Clock Frequencies tab available.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. :)

I hate to seem dense, but where is NVTweak? I have NVTray 1048 installed, which is supposed to come with NVTweak, but I can't find an option to run it or an executable anywhere. Is there a setting somewhere that I missed?

DC

If you look in the Archived section on nvtweak.laptopvideo2go.com right under the direct download for NVTray 1048, you'll find a link to download NVTweak 1.7.1. :)

I noticed that peoples questions are not being answered on this thread.

Where are the moderators? I thought that this was a support forum for NVTray/NVTweak.