LaptopVideo2Go Forums

v78.01, v78.03, v78.05 XP 32bit | NV

®®®

First I went form 80.40 to a force install as a 6800 ultra (non go), lost a frame or two in futuremark and gained like half a frame in aqua.

Then the quote you mentioned was when I went from the force install of the 78.03 to the normal install (remodded inf). All in all, benchmarks are all very close, within a few fps of eachother and I have not noticed any differences in the games, but then again there are no bugs I am concerned about right now.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mobilenvidia

• maddbomber83

• Kamika007z

• ®®®

i installed the 78.03s using the plain install method. no problems during installation. it offers practically identical performance compared to the 77.77s i had been previously using.

it's newer so i guess i'll keep it.

dell xps2, 6800 go ultra.

i installed the 78.03s using the plain install method. no problems during installation. it offers practically identical performance compared to the 77.77s i had been previously using.

it's newer so i guess i'll keep it.

dell xps2, 6800 go ultra.

I was using the same 78.03 (good drivers) for awhile then change to the XG 78.03 noticed a little better IQ & more vibrant colors, speed is about the same. For what it's worth.

• 2 weeks later...

78.05 uploaded and modded INF up.

'Come get some' as Duke Nuke'm would say.

Has NVIDIA addressed the powermizer issue yet?

Thanks

Yeah, works awesome here too, major difference in Day of Defeat Source :)

now I can't wait for the 80 series drivers though and notebook gpu support :)

I installed the 78.01 driver 4 winxp32bit with your modified inf and now I'm not able to watch avi... only listen the audio track but the video si always black!

I restored the old version of the drives (77.72) and it works... is it your inf mod file???

Guest barrymel

i have a Dell Inspiron 8600 with the nVidia 5650 Go 128 MB in it, but with 77.77 or 78.01 i can not watch Divx or Xvid videos anymore, i also reinstalled the laptop with XP sp 2 and it still not works, i also get a message when rebooting or shutting down about writing to the memory or somthing like that with the file nvsvc32.exe

i also got a normal pc with an Geforce 6800 Ultra with the same drivers and there it just works fine, also a clean reinstalled Windows XP SP2

-------------------------------

update :

-------------------------------

also tryed 78.82, same problem, now downloaded 72.14 form the nvidia site with the inf for 72.14 from this site and the problem is gone.....

is the 5650 not suported after 72.14 anymore ?

Edited by barrymel

Guest ShnikeJSB

So, I have a problem, and I think it may be a defective graphics card. I have been running Dell's 77.24 drivers for quite sometime with no drama. Sure, once in awhile, a game would crash in the middle of playing (ESPECIALLY Need For Speed: Underground 2, and I can't play the FEAR demo without a crash). It basically would just turn the screen white for a split second, then make a quick crackling noise, and restart my computer.

Now, I decided to try 78.05's, and now when I start up my computer, a minimum of 4 out of 5 times, when loading my desktop, the problem I described above during GAMES happens, and if not that soon, usually within 15 minutes! So, I thought it was the driver, so I uninstalled (yes, I use DriverCleaner Pro), and tried 78.03's. Same thing happens. Oh yeah, I also enabled VMR, but I STILL get an error on shutdown/restart.

Is my 6800 Go Ultra defective? I read somewhere (I think notebookforums.com) about this problem being indicative of a defective card. Any help is greatly appreciated! -Josh

(EDIT: found the link to the notebookforums.com board I was talking about: http://www.notebookforums.com/showthread.p...rash+defective)

• 4 weeks later...

Hi all, I have the version 80.85 installed and i wanted to return to the previous OFFICIAL version, the version that was released by nvidia officialy before the 80.85. Van anybody tell me the version becasue i forgot it. thank you.

• 5 months later...
Guest bobbafet

Hi, I use a rather older laptop (Mitac 8060) with geforce 440 go 64 MB. The only driver version that works well with it is the one I've got with the laptop (version 33.2). I've tried out many modified drivers too (actually dozens of them), but they just won't work. Any suggestion? :)

You have replaced the original INF with modded one ? most important step in driver update.

Check the FAQ section for all the details

• 16 years later...