• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• LSudlow

• kane81

• halo_djk

• HaMsTeYr

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

That is a good post, (about the mipmap settings) we should add that to Teraphy's enhancer and maybe put in FAQ section or something. :)

I don't know if it's a huge difference, but it's faster than the stock Dell driver and it enables many options that the Dell driver disables. I think you'll see a fairly good improvement.

Hello I have a problem display my laptop in a tv or vcr using av cables and the s-video cord. I was wondering what drivers can i use so i play my laptop on a tv? I currently use ur 67.66 driver.

Edit: Only one post was needed trugramer23, answer is here.

Edited by Bill

January 24, 2006 update:

- Updated NV_80_Disp.inf to make compatible with the new 83.xx drivers.

- Updated all infs to add new switches from the 83.xx drivers

- Added new resolutions for wide-screen monitors, and additional resolutions for the 5150/5160 LCD.

As always, let me know if there are any problems.

I hope im not being a bother but,i still cant get this tv out thing to work for me with the 67.66 inf. I enabled nview toolbar and found the tv icon but it says this hot key error were it requires both tv and output and either crt or lcd is connected? . Do i need to upgrade my inf so this can work?

Not a bother at all!

Have you tried the checkbox on the Troubleshooting page? If that doesn't help, then yes, try the new inf. I've made several corrections recently that might help.

This is an area where trying different drivers might also help, since they handle TV in different ways. If you can't get 67.66 to work, try driver 72.14 with my nv_HV_disp.inf. That driver works with a wide range of TVs and may solve your problem.

If all else fails, there's a handy utility called TVTool, which is available here. It's designed to solve the kinds of problems you're having and is very inexpensive.

Let me know your results!

• 2 weeks later...

As mozbius and ChrissII posted I have the same wakeup problem on Inspiron 5160

(there is not that problem with S4 hibernate, only with S3 suspend).

Sometimes the screen remains blank sometimes is OK (50/50), it is very annoying.

But I do not think this has something to do with your custom inf, the original Dell 67.42

driver did the same for me.

Any idea what is wrong?

In the [nv_SoftwareDeviceSettings] section of the inf, find the MapOSD3ToNV and MapOSD4ToNV lines, change the value from 3 to 2 on both lines, and reinstall.

The 5150 and 5160 should both handle 3 just fine, but some machines seem to resist. I haven't been able to pin it down so far. It may be a difference between HT machines and Non-HT, or maybe BIOS versions.

Anyway, please let me know if that change doesn't work. Thanks!

Bad luck :-(

I unistall Nvidia drivers 1st, then applied suggested inf-changes and install again, but

the 1st attempt to wakeup from suspend resulted in a very short flash of my desktop

and then the LCD reverted back to the blank screen and remained in that state.

As always I used the hibernate+restart trick to obtain the fully functional screen without

the need to hard-reset my ntb. 2nd time the suspend worked fine, I am going mad.

My Inspiron 5160 has BIOS A08, VGABIOS: 4.34.20.34.E1 (FX5200Go, 32MB),

I am using the 67.66 drivers and your latest inf.

You mentioned that it worked okay the second time. Does it still work okay now? If so, maybe the first time was a fluke. If it still doesn't work, try setting the values to 1 and see what happens. It may be that some cards just don't like to recover for some reason.

The difference between the states is the power level maintened by the Go5200 during suspend. The goal is the lowest level of power that allows recovery without rebooting.

Not even the 1 works, it seems to get worse with that. What interests me most is the short flash of correct visible desktop even if then the LCD goes blank.

Maybe it's time to give up, sometimes things just refuse to work correctly, anyway thanks for helping me with that.

Okay... It sounds like using 2 is your best bet. Sorry we couldn't find someting that works better.

:)

Hi. LSudlow. I am impressed of your INF files. However, in the last few days during game ?Pro Evolution Soccer 5? play, all of a sudden the game crashes or freezes. I?ve tried some of 6x.xx, 7x.xx and 8x.xx drivers and get no luck.

I got same system as yours and am using your nv4_HV_disp.inf with 72.14. thanks.

Did it hangs just start happening with my most recent inf? Probably the best way to troubleshoot is to go back to Dell's driver and see if it works. If so, we can start isolating the problem. Thanks!

Thanks for your reply.

I just did what you suggested. Uninstalled the driver with ?Driver Cleaner Pro? in safe mode, way back reinstalled the nVidia GeForce FX Go5200, v.6.14.10.6742, A08 from Dell.com, I even reinstalled the game. Same thing, it seems that the GPU is not able to handle some specific graphics during the game play since it always freezes at similar spots.

Is it possible a hardware problem? Do you have similar problems like this? because we got

exactly the same system.

Yes, it could be a hardware problem, or possibly a compatiblity problem if it's a recent game. I don't have any hangs, but I don't have that particular game.

If it's a recent game, try one of the new 8x.xx drivers with my nv_80_disp.inf, just to see if it makes a difference. You also might try Pieter's inf, also to see if it makes a difference.

If one of those works, that will point us toward a solution. If not, I'd definitely suspect a hardware problem.

hi i have a dell 5160 and i have the gefore 5200 with only 32m and i get lots of lag, what i was wondering is how do i overclock as i have never heard of overclocking until yesterday, how do i do it to my computer/graphics card?

Hi, John...

Find the Coolbits line in the inf, change the value from 1 to 3, and reinstall. If you don't mind editing the registry, you can make the same change without reinstalling by editing the Coolbits value at:

HKLM\SOFTWARE\NVIDIA Corporation\Global\NVTweak

The Nvidia Control Panel will now have a new "Clock Frequency Settings" page. Choose "Manual Overclocking" and try increasing in small increments. I've found I can run my i5150 at Core-225, Memory-450, for extended periods, as long as I don't force my Pentium 4M to run at full speed all the time. If it locks up, back off to something a bit more conservative.

Because heat and battery life are such critical issues in laptops, I really can't recommend overclocking as a solution. Much better to upgrade to the 64MB version of your card. Overclocking will only net you about a 10-12% increase in speed, while the 64MB part will benchmark around 80% faster at the default clock speed.

• 2 weeks later...

hey sorry this is off topic (dont burn me, you are the only one with the same laptop).

Has any one with a dell inspiron 5150 installed Windows Vista?

Im having some "issues" just wondering if you could give me any ideas.

What are these "issues?"

Shouldn't have any issues just specific to this laptop, and you shouldn't expect too much, especially in the graphics driver department, since it is still in beta stages.

Several of us have installed Vista. What problems are you having?