LaptopVideo2Go Forums

v88.61 VISTA 32bit | NVIDIA

Computer Potato

5 members have voted

1. 1. Are you satisfied by the quality of this driver and can you recommend it for other users?

• No
    • Yes
    • Yes, even though i noticed a few bugs.

Guest erbury

how did you get it works?

Ive amilo m3438g and 43 error!

Anybody knows how to solve the problem?

I need aero!!

Ive installed the windows update drivers but no aero glass is available.

Please help me.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mobilenvidia

• Fabrice Roux

• Jericho

• Asoulintime1982

Guest James

Hi.

I just tried the modded INF for 88.61 VISTA (using your version of the VISTA nvidia download). I cannot get the setup.exe to run (it thinks that it's 32bit installer trying to install on a 64bit system; got the same error using the x64 international drivers from nvidia as well). I tried to right click on the INF and install.. error. I even tried to use Windows XP SP2 Compatability mode.

What am I doing wrong?

There's a big difference between a BETA driver and OS. You are using a BETA Operating System, that's what's wrong if you are not technically experienced enough.

Guest Guest
I added this driver to replace the default VGA driver after a fresh install of Vista. Everything is working wonderfully, except, I can not dock my laptop and get the external to display. Is there anything in the inf that can be changed to affect this?

System Specs.

Dell Latitude D820

Centrino Duo T2500 2x2.0 ghz

2 GB Ram

Nvidia Quadro NVS 120m

Bios version 5.72.22.21.d2

Any assistance would be greatly appretiated

Not sure aobut the external display. But I get a wierd scaling problem when a UAC prompt comes up or when I take a screenshot. It goes dark (strips most of the colours out, even for a standard screenshot) and it then squashes the screen into about 4/5ths of the screen realestate.

Does anyone have any trouble getting turbocache to work with Vista?

I have a sony sz-230 with a Geforce 7400. XP sees my laptop as having 128mb of video ram (64mb dedicated/64 shared) though for some reason Vista can only see the 64mb of dedicated, although dxdiag within Vista sees 330mb (which is just ridiculous.) I've tried using Nvidia's latest Vista drivers as well as my XP ones but neither seems to get the shared system ram to show, incidentally my XP drivers get much better video playback than the newer Nvidia Vista (88.61) drivers.

MY 7300 also does this 64mb instead of 256 and theres no PowerMizer

Guest jNewt

I too am having problems with turbocache. I have a Sony S460 with a 6200 that should have 32mb dedicated and 96 shared, but Vista only sees the 32. The only way I have successfully utilized all 128mb in vista has been through the use of the stock drivers (as in original sony xp drivers) and subsequently upgrading those to newer xp drivers (such as 80.xx-84.xx). This is obviously not a workable fix with the lack of dx10 and aero support, and upgrading the xp drivers to newer vista drivers results in the loss of the the turbocache again. If anyone has any other ideas, please share. This problem probably won't be fixed by nvidia anytime soon so temporary fixes are welcome.

• 2 weeks later...

So far I've only seen Vista report true ram size. This has been consistant with both ATI and NVIDIA desktop cards so I have no reason to think laptops will be any different.

Bob

Hey everyone, I have been frequently visiting this site as of lately trying to work out all the problems I am having with this driver... It's actually just one major problem... I can't get the TV-Out to work. I have a feeling that all that needs to be done is switching the driver from PAL (is PAL Default?) to NTSC... When I switch to TV in the Nvidia Control panel the TV shows reminince of the OS, but it's flickering really badly... In XP all I had to do was switch from PAL to NTSC to fix the problem so I assume that it is the same with Vista. Is there anyway to perform this? I know that I can use XP drivers with the old control panel to do it, but then I loose glass.

Guest Guest
My problem that I have encountered is I'll install the v88.61 Vista drivers, restart... and everything is great.

But... its when I restart again or shutdown my computer is when I have problems. Vista loads (can here the welcome noise)... but my screen will stays black for unknown reasons. Quite annoying... so I had to revert to those crappy 78.10 drivers until something about my problem is solved.

I also have this problem. Anyone have a solution?

Guest soomon
Does anyone have any trouble getting turbocache to work with Vista?

I have a sony sz-230 with a Geforce 7400. XP sees my laptop as having 128mb of video ram (64mb dedicated/64 shared) though for some reason Vista can only see the 64mb of dedicated, although dxdiag within Vista sees 330mb (which is just ridiculous.) I've tried using Nvidia's latest Vista drivers as well as my XP ones but neither seems to get the shared system ram to show, incidentally my XP drivers get much better video playback than the newer Nvidia Vista (88.61) drivers.

who sais there is a proböem? ur card only has that much ram and not more... so it's correct what vista sais isnt it?

just look if games are much slower, if not, everything is fine :)

Guest Wakaru

i'm running Vista beta 2 build 5384 with windows update drivers installed. Nvidia 6800 go 256meg card. For some reason when i try to intall these drivers it says i'm not running windows vista for some reason.

"Setup detected that the operating system in use is not Windows Vista. This setup program and its associated driers are designed to run only on Windows Vista. THe installation will be terminated."

Later: I was able to install 8798. desktop runs 1440x900 perfectly but still won't let me run anything but 4:3 in game

Guest Guest

I have a Toshiba M5 with a Quadro NVS 110M card.

However this is not in the modded inf supplied by LaptopVideo2go.com and so the setup says I dont have a compatible card.

So I scripted up my own lines, add these to your inf if you have a 110M that isnt being picked up:

%NVIDIA_G72.DEV_01DA.1% = nv_NV3x, PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_01DA

Add that line to the

"[NVIDIA.Mfg.NTx86.6.0]

;Mobile PCI-ID's by www.laptopvideo2go.com"

Section,

And add:

NVIDIA_G72.DEV_01DA.1 = "NVIDIA Quadro NVS 110M "

That line to:

;Mobile GPU's by www.laptopvideo2go.com

Section

Matt

matt@NOSPAMnetsender.net

remove the nospam to mail me :)

Forgot to mention that external displays dont work...

Guest Guest
i'm running Vista beta 2 build 5384 with windows update drivers installed. Nvidia 6800 go 256meg card. For some reason when i try to intall these drivers it says i'm not running windows vista for some reason.

"Setup detected that the operating system in use is not Windows Vista. This setup program and its associated driers are designed to run only on Windows Vista. THe installation will be terminated."

That's a bug. Try the compatibility-mode (right-click-->properties...). If you got a "Code 43"-Error after the installation in the devicemanager please tell us. You're not the only one...

spyro

I tried to load this nvidia driver. I have the geforce go 7900 GS card and am running Vista 32bit. Everytime I try to load the nvidia video driver, I get an error that says:

"Setup detected that the operating system in use is not Windows Vista. This setup program and its associated drivers are designed to run only on Windows Vista. The Installation will be terminated."

I did a fresh install of Vista and do not know why I am getting this error. Right now all I have are default VGA drivers which are the drivers distributed with Vista. I get alot of errors when trying to view images and movies because the graphics acceleration drivers are not detected.

If anyone can give me some headers that would be great.

Thanks. :)

Guest Deven Kampenhout
the driver and setup works on my Toshiba M4 with aerogloss accept the external monitor does not work

Just works? Man, perhaps it's my build or my machine, but I have a tecra m4, and I can't get the driver loaded without a bluescreen. I've beey trying to get this fixed for weeks now to no avail... and I'm very frustrated. Help!!! I've tried using the drivers (microsoft engineering wddm upate) from windows update, the 88.61 release from nvidia (with the modified .inf from laptopvideo2go), etc. to no avail. This is with visa beta 2 (build 5384).

Anyone know the answer? :) :)

:P

Guest Guest

when i first got vista beta 2 i was on a forum that showed how to force your pc to display the aero look even if your card didn't support it.........mine doesn't show it and i forgot the forum..anyone know how to force the pc to display in aero???? :)

ok, just realized something.......i noticed that on the windows upate, the drivers for the 6800 ultra are 77.61, and the date says 7/10/06, but on this site the drivers are a higher version but earlier release date......thing is with the drivers on there the control panel isn't being displayed, but on the ones from the windows update they are and also on my system the aero look actually runs alot smoother :)

The purpose of Windows Update is to offer driver that works... when the driver is developped by nVidia it takes time to be validated internally, then in takes time to be offered to the masses, from the bunch of drivers Microsoft picks one candidate... checks if it works as advertized... then put it on Windows Update.

This complete process takes a lot of time... hence the mid july release. The current Vista efficiency is pretty low... on my non exotic desktop PC there are a lot of drivers issues out of the box. My Asus A8N32 + Athlon 4400+ + Geforce 7600 GT + Audigy takes 4 or 5 times longer to boot than XP. The performance manager is filled with drivers issues.

When you have that bad support on classic hardware... what do you expect from a laptop?

Keep in mind Vista is in beta... and the drivers offered are in beta... which includes the moded drivers... so when you sum up beta on beta on beta... it gives you a pre-alpha release.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello! I Have an ASUS A6JC-1 with a nVIDIA GeForceGo 7300.

Anyone knows if this Modded Inf Driver, works well with this?

The only way that i found to use the aero glass is installing te Geforce 7300 LE Drivers. But I can´t use games, beacause the description of the Graphic Card, doesn´t match with the driver.

Thanks a lot!!!

Guest EChandler
I added this driver to replace the default VGA driver after a fresh install of Vista. Everything is working wonderfully, except, I can not dock my laptop and get the external to display. Is there anything in the inf that can be changed to affect this?

System Specs.

Dell Latitude D820

Centrino Duo T2500 2x2.0 ghz

2 GB Ram

Nvidia Quadro NVS 120m

Bios version 5.72.22.21.d2

Any assistance would be greatly appretiated

Hi,

I have intermittent problems with the external monitor goes to power saving mode but generally all seems good. I did have a problem at the beginning but I just changed the pwoer options so it didnt go to standby when the monitor is closed.

Dell latitude D620

Centrio Duo T2600 (2x2.16ghz)

2GB RAM

Nvidia Quadro NVS 110m

80GB 7200rpm SATA drive

Bluetooth/Wifi

All generally appears good with my machine. Dont get the Code 43 error have have used the 88.61 drivers here to get aero. everything installed and opperational. However vista is reporting that I only ahve 64mb or GPU ram. I have dual boot and know that XP is reporting the correct figure of 256mb. What the hell is going on!

Also had problems running Counter Strike: Source and other games through steam. The graphics arent being rendered correctly so I get walls appearing invisible or displaying other scenary. again, any advise would be good!

cheers

Ed

when i first got vista beta 2 i was on a forum that showed how to force your pc to display the aero look even if your card didn't support it.........mine doesn't show it and i forgot the forum..anyone know how to force the pc to display in aero???? :)

you cannot force your pc to use aero if your videocard is not supported but if your rating is to low

you can go to registry (regedit) HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE>SOFTWARE>Microsoft

make a new key named DWM in the map DWM Make a dword (32bit) named enablemachinechaeck with value 0 and make a dword named glass with value 1 now you have forced aero but your videocard needs dx10 support