LaptopVideo2Go Forums

v88.61 VISTA 32bit | NVIDIA

Computer Potato

5 members have voted

1. 1. Are you satisfied by the quality of this driver and can you recommend it for other users?

• No
    • Yes
    • Yes, even though i noticed a few bugs.

The driver works most fine here.

But i have the problem, that some games, like World Of Warcraft don't detect the widescreen mode by using this driver.

Any solutions for this problem?

Thank you very much, if you have one.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mobilenvidia

• Fabrice Roux

• Jericho

• Asoulintime1982

I got a NViDiA 6600 GO - on a Zeptop 6515WD - when i install the drivers everything looks good - it warns about the missing m$ certificate and i agree to install the drivers anyway.

But when i reboot - the screen is just black... i can hear windows is booting, and all my programs starting (skype,msn) - but the screen doesnt seem to get any output from the GPU at all...

• 3 weeks later...

I just installed the newest forceware drivers with modded inf file for a Nvidia GeForce4 440 Go with RC1 vista. It installed fine and rebooted and i get the

"Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems."

any help?

Why on earth do you believe that this driver will work? This driver is made for GeForce 5 and up... On Vista you'll be locked to the legacy driver that ships with Vista.

No need to be harsh...guess it won't work with me...COD2 worked great before in xp....now in vista it says "Video card or driver doesn't support dynamic textures..." this sucks...o well might just go back to xp..

Yep... if you want to play under XP you need a supported graphic card which means GeForce 5 and above... but you'd rather have a 6600 or more.

And a boatload of memory. Keep in mind Vista is not final...

• 1 month later...

whats the diffrence between

v88.61 Vista 32bit | NV

and

v96.85 VISTA 32bit RC2 and higher | NV

? im using the v96.85 VISTA 32bit RC2 and higher | NV for my go 6600 128 mb ram!

To find the differences have a look in the Release Notes. If there are no Release Notes then only NVIDIA knows...

Hi all, new here, so I apologize in advance is what I'm asking is stupid. My problem is such: I downloaded the drivers on this thread, and the modded INF. I tried the "Have Disk" method and the normal setup, both times my screen will blink once or twice, shrink to 640x480 then go black and stay there. It has a "dos" currsor I guess you would call it, but otherwise black, and it stays like that. If I hard power off and reboot Vista will come up, but the screen will be black (I can hear the sounds). Is there something I'm doing wrong, or does this driver not work for me?

System:

Vista Ultimate (RTM Version)

Dell Latitude D620 w/ NVIDIA Quadro NVS 110M

1GB RAM.

=-=-=-= Update

I went and tried the 96.85 and those seem to work better.

Edited by shakataganai

• 1 month later...

I am also new here and ran into the exact same issue.

Loaded the driver and the screen went black with blinking "dos" cursor.

D820 with a NVIDIA Quadro NVS 120M (aka GeForce Go 7400?)

Any suggestions?

Edited by ®®®
Removed Full Quotation of Previous Post

• 9 months later...
Guest graphachen

Hello, I'm a french user, and I'm looking for Nvidia Driver for my Asus A7S laptop.

I've a Geforce 8400M G, but I can't find any driver on asus website !

I've not found this driver in your list ...

Have you ever seen this driver somewhere ?

Thanks for your work

graphachen

• 3 months later...

How can I download this driver??? So much for the world's largest nVidia driver archive...

Peter