LaptopVideo2Go Forums

v163.44 VISTA 32bit | NVIDIA, BiOSHOCK

®®®

Quality of v163.44 Vista 32bit  

67 members have voted

1. 1. Do you recommend this driver?

• No
    • Yes

Use these drivers at your own risk. My laptop is currently f***** up due to installing them. After i installed them, it started crashing windows to the point where it wouldn't start up anymore. I ran in safe mode to go back to the old drivers. After booting up normally again, I found that my wireless adapter no longer works, it will not turn on and the light wont turn on either. Also the computer randomly reboots for no reason(which i believed is linked to the video cuz there are sometimes before it reboots where it tells me that the video driver is failing)

I reformated and reput back on windows, and the WLAN adapter(Broadcom) Is not found and installed and refuses to turn on. and it still randomly resets due to the video card failing.

Warning to all: These drivers can completely ###### you over. Use at your own risk. They have destroyed my laptop for the most part cuz i can't do anything without it randomly reseting because the video card failed.

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ®®®

• ScaryMovies

• Buddybot111

• TOX

This sounds more like a misconfiguration of the Operating System due to System Restore, a Video hardware failure or both... but not a driver issue.

Yeah, i figured it was the card, cuz its done this through 2 formats and reinstalls of windows. and it only started this after it crashed while installing those drivers..

When i was installing the drivers (as previously using 154.18(or whatever number it was) and it would install the drivers, get about halfway done and then the screen would go black and some weird neon lines would start moving around and then it crashed.. i couldnt boot up windows anymore cuz everytime it did, it would give me the same black screen with neon lines and then reset. So after reformating and putting on windows, the wireless adapter doesnt work and the video card crashes and causes it to randomly reset.. These drivers did something to my hardware that wasn't good.

I'm running:

1.5 Gig of Ram

Geforce 6150 Go

AMD Turion 64

Windows Vista 32

I'm getting it fixed or replaced by HP, they are sending out a box for me to send it back to them in.

Do you recommend i try these drivers again or is the video card too outdated for it to take these drivers?

Guest John G

I'm running very similar specs to this person (I have a Geforce Go 6100 though, and 2G of Ram) and these drivers are doing the same thing for me. Every time I've installed them, I get constant crashes upon reboot - everytime windows is about to load, the computer crashes and restarts.

Booting to safe mode and removing the drivers solves the crashing, but I'd love to get these drivers installed and working properly because it seems they are great for Bioshock when it works. I've heard of other people with the 6100 or 6150 card having this problem - is there any hope for us?

Guest HeLLsGoD

Hi

Anyone have experience with this driver with a Go 7200 or know if it will work properly? It doesnt seem to be in the list. Any feedback will be much appreciated

HP DV2500

-Intel C2D 2ghz

-2gb RAM

-Geforce Go 7200

-160gb HDD

I'm getting some weird error about Age of Empires setup interacting with the setup when I try to update the driver with the modded .inf file. I don't even have Age of Empires, it has to do with Microsoft or something?

Guest what2097
Hi

Anyone have experience with this driver with a Go 7200 or know if it will work properly? It doesnt seem to be in the list. Any feedback will be much appreciated

HP DV2500

-Intel C2D 2ghz

-2gb RAM

-Geforce Go 7200

-160gb HDD

Hey,

I've just installed this driver smoothly.

I have the same spec laptop as you (although my CPU is a T7200; I don't know if yours is a T7300 Santa Rosa).

I don't play many games on this laptop, but I'm downloading the Bioshock demo to see how it handles, and on which settings.

I'll let you know, but you can go ahead and install it either way.F

So basically what this is coming down to is..

If you have a 6100 or a 6150... do not install these drivers, they will crash your computer and possibly screw it up completely?

Guest John G
If you have a 6100 or a 6150... do not install these drivers, they will crash your computer and possibly screw it up completely?

That's what I'm gathering based on the posts and reports I can find around the web.

I don't really know a lot about these cards, but aren't the 6100 and 6150 chips instead of cards? I believe there's some relatively significant difference between those two and the other higher numbered cards. It seems like there's something about them that can't handle these drivers.

I haven't found any expert advice on these particular cards though. Hoping that as time wears on someone who knows about this stuff will take a look at them and a course of action will present itself.

I'm hoping parhaps that one of the admins here will post giving us a definate answer to this... are those of us with lesser cards going to be using 158.45 as the best we can use or will there be a future release that will work for us?(not that there's anything wrong with 158.45, but i like to try to keep myself up to date. and i dont wanna destroy another laptop over it.)

Guest HeLLsGoD
Hey,

I've just installed this driver smoothly.

I have the same spec laptop as you (although my CPU is a T7200; I don't know if yours is a T7300 Santa Rosa).

I don't play many games on this laptop, but I'm downloading the Bioshock demo to see how it handles, and on which settings.

I'll let you know, but you can go ahead and install it either way.F

Thanks alot for that, Appreciate it. Mines a T7200 aswell... Ill load the drivers as soon as i make the recovery DVD's (they keep failing to verify after burning for some reason)

Hopefully all works well.

Hi guys,

if you have problem with 163.44, there new window update standalone installer (KB940105)

this update patch (940105) work with 163.44, more info link at more info link at http://support.microsoft.com/kb/940105 and http://www.nvidia.com/object/windows..._hotfixes.html

I have Tiger Woods pga tour 2006 with 163.44 corupt screen, download this update, reinstall 163.44 with mod inf, problem gone.

hope it help

I don't know why alot of folks are having installation problems. These drivers installed just fine!! The Bioshock Demo now runs perfect on my Acer 5920 w/8600m GT video card, and with zero crashing. Good job!! Thank You!! :)

I don't know why alot of folks are having installation problems. These drivers installed just fine!! The Bioshock Demo now runs perfect on my Acer 5920 w/8600m GT video card, and with zero crashing. Good job!! Thank You!! :)

Okay, so now 2 people with the same laptop as I, have installed the drivers w/out any problems.. I'm buying Bioshock tomorrow so I'll install the HotFix on the front page, and then these drivers hopefully it'll work just fine :)

Just a question to those of you who own a 5920G and have installed these drivers, did you uninstall your old drivers? I'm using the drivers that came with the laptop when I bought it (7.15.11.138). This is a pretty stupid question I guess, but if I uninstall the old drivers, can I still roll back to my old drivers if the install f**ks up mah computah, or do I have to search the net for other drivers..?

EDIT: Can you guys with the 5920G (or equivalent specs) run Bioshock on high.

Edited by ScaryMovies

Guest HellsGoD

I installed this driver last night but i couldnt find my gfx card on the list because it didnt have the modded inf file. But today i saw on the first page that there is a Modded INF download but theres non on the Main Driver Index page unlike the 165.01 for quick downloads

So i installed the 165.01 instead cause i saw it came with for the modded INF file on the Index page and it worked very very well and increased my Windows Experience index (WEI) by .7 points. Everything is smoother and faster. I know the 165.01 is older so do you think if i try install this driver (163.33, since its the latest one) I could improve my WEI score even more?

Great stuff guys, really appreciate it.

Thanks

Link to Pieter's INF (modded INF) can be found on each and every driver thread in the 1st post... since about 3 years. We haven't changed anything here.

Guest HellsGoD

yeah sorry i didnt notice that.. cause i usually only look at the main index page when downloading. Some of them dont have a hotlink for the modded INF's which made me think there was none.

Guest Oscar2107

Hi. I am trying to install the driver on my vostro 1700 with windows business 32-bit. It has a GeForce 8600m GT. When i install it i get this message up: "The NVIDIA Setup program could not locate any drivers that are compatible with your current hardware. Setup will now exit." I need this driver to play bioshock. i have downloaded a hotfix from microsoft but need this driver to make the hotfix work :)