LaptopVideo2Go Forums

v96.33 VISTA 32bit | NV

®®®

anyone get anywhere with a 7900gtx.. cant get any drivers to take.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Fabrice Roux

• Benny0583

• mrcreativity

• svendudink

does it work with Go 7900 GS/GTX ???

I mean all features (scaling, powermizer, etc...) ?

has anyone tried it already.

PS: I think I'll give it a try that weekend.

(will install Vista 5728 after I backed all the data I need)

Hello there,

I just installed Windows Vista RC1 and I need a driver for my GeForce 6600 Go graphic card.

But I think I need modded Inf for this 96.33 driver, don't I?

Could somebody here help me please? Or which another driver will work with Vista RC1?

Thank you a lot in advance for your help

Regards

Milan

EDIT: Sorry for my posts, I have already found that inf. Now my geforce works fine.

Thanks to this site and forum. It's great site here.

Edited by MilanX

Yes.. I know it now. :)

88.61 does not work with RC1

and for 96.33 I need moded INF :)

Can anybody send me that inf or post it here, please?

Thank you in advance

Milan.

EDIT: Sorry for my posts, I have already found that inf. Now my geforce works fine.

Thanks to this site and forum. It's great site here.

Edited by MilanX

Folks, the problem is solved.

Download Vista RC2 and you can use aero. Its using the 96.77 driver. Haven't found the 3d alt-tab constuction, but my windows are looking like glass in some way. :-)

EDIT MilanX, thanks for your (working) tip.

m3438 go6800 users had a driver problem (see this topic) that the driver install was okay, but after a reboot the driver doesn't work at all (code 32 problem)

Edited by svdvlist2

Folks, the problem is solved.

Download Vista RC2 and you can use aero. Its using the 96.77 driver. Haven't found the 3d alt-tab constuction, but my windows are looking like glass in some way. :-)

I have RC1 and it works well too.

Btw 3D AltTab is "WinKey"+"Tab"

I got my CPQ v3000z tonight and had a helluva time getting the GeForce Go 6150 to work. Thought I'd let people know, since somone else on this thread had the same problem, and the hacked INFs eventually led me to the solution.

The .exe that's up there right now is missing the entries for the Go 6150. I added the following and it worked beautifully:

%NVIDIA_C51.DEV_0244.1% = nv_NV3x, PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0244

NVIDIA_C51.DEV_0244.1 = "NVIDIA GeForce Go 6150 "

I first installed the XP drivers in compatibility mode (but I suspect that isn't needed). RC2 detetected the card as a standard VGA adapter until I got the XP drivers on. Then I downloaded the available .exe and edited the nv_disp.inf.

With the XP drivers I couldn't evaluate my experience index (or whatever it's called), but with the Vista ones I have 3.0 and Aero running.

Hope that helps people.

We (especially Pieter, who made the mobile INF) are working on this for more than 3 years (since GF 2 Go and GF Go4xx era).

Do you think that just by adding the "name" VEN and DEV_ID of the GPU you can enjoy the features, stability and compatibilty Pieter's mobile INF is known for (and used by tweakers around the globe)?

You could have saved alot of time by downloading our INF, which is seperate since ever, means _NOT_ included in the driver.

• 1 month later...

I got a XPS M1710 with a Geforce GO 7900GTX running Windows Vista RTM (Build 6000) and i cant get the drivers to work.

Anyone know how to fix?

P.S. I used modded and original inf and still cant work it.