LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Latest Synaptics Touchpad drivers

mobilenvidia

Recent versions don't seem to have support for automatically disabling the touchpad when a USB mouse is plugged in. Does anyone know how to hack this functionality back in?

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mobilenvidia

• The Lost One

• ricktendo64

• LSudlow

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

To answer my own question:

I installed the Dell drivers for the M1730 and then used Sysinternals' Procmon tool to monitor registry writes when toggling the "disable when external USB mouse present" feature. I then exported the section of the registry that seemed to change when I toggled the feature.

I then installed a newer version of the driver that was missing the feature and imported the registry settings, then rebooted. The touchpad now not only disables when I plug in my mouse, but it also now has a checkbox that wasn't appearing before.

I've attached the registry file in case anyone is interested: touchpad.reg

Also, I should note that for some reason the newer driver seems to count the Logitech virtual mouse driver used by the G15 drivers as an external mouse, so you may need to disable that device.

Added 15.0.20.0

15.0.17.4 link is broken, points to 15.0.20.0

report wrong link to download 15.0.17.4!

Sorry guys, put these up during Holland vs Brazil game

Link all fixed

Sorry guys, put these up during Holland vs Brazil game

Link all fixed

Do you actually keep the touchpad drivers updated on your 9400? Do you do this just for fun and/or thinking there will be new settings or are there actually any benefits?

Well, with some of the more recent 15.x drivers, native multitouch support was added.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest solvalou

Hi.

I wonder if anyone knows how to prevent the cursor from changing when you scroll or use special gestures (like changes from arrow to an arrow over a scrollbar). I would prefer to always have the same default windows cursor during these actions.

Thanks

Hi.

I wonder if anyone knows how to prevent the cursor from changing when you scroll or use special gestures (like changes from arrow to an arrow over a scrollbar). I would prefer to always have the same default windows cursor during these actions.

Thanks

[RemoveScrollingCursor_AddReg]
HKR,Software\Synaptics\SynTPEnh,CursorScrollVertResourceID,0x00010001,0
HKR,Software\Synaptics\SynTPEnh,CursorScrollHorzResourceID,0x00010001,0
HKR,Software\Synaptics\SynTPEnh,CursorChiralVertCWResourceID,0x00010001,0
HKR,Software\Synaptics\SynTPEnh,CursorChiralVertCCWResourceID,0x00010001,0
HKR,Software\Synaptics\SynTPEnh,CursorChiralHorzCWResourceID,0x00010001,0
HKR,Software\Synaptics\SynTPEnh,CursorChiralHorzCCWResourceID,0x00010001,0

Guest yalcin19

[RemoveScrollingCursor_AddReg]
HKR,Software\Synaptics\SynTPEnh,CursorScrollVertResourceID,0x00010001,0
HKR,Software\Synaptics\SynTPEnh,CursorScrollHorzResourceID,0x00010001,0
HKR,Software\Synaptics\SynTPEnh,CursorChiralVertCWResourceID,0x00010001,0
HKR,Software\Synaptics\SynTPEnh,CursorChiralVertCCWResourceID,0x00010001,0
HKR,Software\Synaptics\SynTPEnh,CursorChiralHorzCWResourceID,0x00010001,0
HKR,Software\Synaptics\SynTPEnh,CursorChiralHorzCCWResourceID,0x00010001,0

Can you please explain where to put those entries?

I tried adding them into SynUnst.ini, but no success????

I found those in my INF for my Sony Vaio, it has has a tweak that turns off the scroll cursor...but I dont think those are the entries responsible for the cursor being off, it may be easier than I thought

Try this regtweak, it may work I found it in my INF

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Synaptics\SynTPEnh]
"UseScrollCursor"=dword:00000000

Create a .txt file, copy and paste what is in the box above, change the file extension from .txt to .reg and apply

Edited by ricktendo64

Guest yalcin19

I found those in my INF for my Sony Vaio, it has has a tweak that turns off the scroll cursor...but I dont think those are the entries responsible for the cursor being off, it may be easier than I thought

Create a .txt file, copy and paste what is in the box above, change the file extension from .txt to .reg and apply

You are my hero. Works like a charm. Thank you so much, highly appreciated.

Guest solvalou

OMG rick you rock ! Thank you so much ! I gotta admit I asked the question expecting no one to actually have a solution and to my surprise your tip worked like a charm !

Those swapable cursors were ugly ! Something that looked like winows 3.1 quality.

Thanks again !

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Can someone please confirm if this latest set has Momentum and multi-touch. Thank's

Can someone please confirm if this latest set has Momentum and multi-touch. Thank's

I know it has multitouch, and I think it has momentum too.

Newest 15.0.24.0 drivers enabled 2 finger scroll for me. I also have 3 finger press and flick gestures available to me as well. These functions were not available in prior versions. Not only does it work but it works perfectly. I disabled the 3 finger ones though because I have no use for them. The 2 finger scroll is nice though since I can now free up the immediate right and bottom of my touchpad now. :)

P.S. - Momentum is also in the driver and works as expected. 2 finger scroll was enabled by default (disabling the single finger version) and momentum was disabled by default.

• 3 weeks later...

hi, I have MSI GT640 laptop (Win 7 64bit) with Synaptics Touchpad v.6.2 as it's showed when the drivers are installed. Anyway in Windows's Hardware Manager the synaptics pointing device PS/2 has it's hardware identity titled as: ACPI/PNP0F13 so it's not any hw id like SYN****, etc and when google the "PNP0F13" frase the results are described as 'it's an Alps touchpad probably' but at the MSI forum they say only Synaptics or Sentelic (http://forum-en.msi.com/index.php?topic=132985.0) and I'm sure mine is made by Synaptics.

I've tried many drivers from acer modded 10.4 to latest 15.0.24 and got only standard like chiral, momentum....no 2-finger or 3-finger or pinch things was ever enabled.

My question: is this hardware version of touchpad v6.2 just hasn't include some features or it's a software issue? I know ther're differencies between synaptics touchpads but it's very hard to recognize them precisely. So, if it's possible to force on some locked funcions then how can I make it? What driver version will enable it? or maybe some registry tweaks can do it?

any suggestions?

I've also tried an year ago to install early version of scrybe (it was downloading most current synaptics driver during itself installation) on Lenovo Ideapad Y550 and all features including pinch zoom and rotate worked perfectly! and here I have never laptop with some s***ty touchpad:(

anybody knows how to enable double finger tap to emulate right click in 15.0.24 ?

• 2 weeks later...