Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Synaptics\SynTP\Defaults]

"HasBothButtonFeature"=dword:00000001

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Synaptics\SynTPEnh]

"ShowTips"=dword:00000000

"MultipleProfiles"=dword:00000001

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Synaptics\SynTPCpl\Controls\4Rotating\3Enable ChiralRotate]

"Visibility"=-

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Synaptics\SynTP\Defaults]

"HasBothButtonFeature"=dword:00000001

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Synaptics\SynTPEnh]

"ShowTips"=dword:00000000

"MultipleProfiles"=dword:00000001

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Synaptics\SynTPCpl\Controls\4Rotating\3Enable ChiralRotate]

"Visibility"=-

I installed now the 15.1.4 v on my Alienware m15x!

2 finger scroll does work but no zoom with 2 fingers?

how i can activate that? should i install an other version?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest Lordkag

Anyone got the some annoying bug while using Alt+Tab, meaning trying to move a file/folder, resulting in placing a shortcut in the original folder instead of moving the file/folder? This happened with all drivers from 15.3.17.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Anyone would have any idea why the latest drivers (15.3.45) posted on station-drivers are not detecting my touchpad? The inf file contains the same ID's as all previous drivers, but says that touchpad/synaptics device is not detected. Could be that the check is coded in the setup.exe? Also anyone had encountered the bug with the Alt+Tab, previous mentioned? Are them related to the fact that the latest drivers come from Asus and they have others chipsets from Synaptics?

I had the same problem. I used 7-Zip to unpack the archive, then used the "Have Disk" method to install, which worked fine.

Didn't crossed my mind to use that. Thank you. But will this method act as the real installer and copy the files to the Synaptics folder and also to system32/syswow64? And have you encountered the mention bug with ALT+TAB with the drivers post 15.3.17? All after this version just drops a shortcut (in the inittial folder) instead of drag-and-drop between folders.

It does copy the files to the right location. I haven't had the Alt+Tab bug so I can't help with that.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Version 16.0.4 at Station-Drivers.

(It appears to be a Lenovo driver this time. Running setup didn't worked, installing with device manager still no go. I added all the possible missing lines from synpd.inf vers. 15.3.17 + combined all the available options from the new inf vers 16.0.4 - and it installed just fine. But the same bug is occurring: when double-tapping for draging and pressing alt+tab, it creates a shortcut. Just pressing Alt in this situation adds a tooltip from windows "Create link of X in current folder".

I have a *Syn0002 compatible device and I haven't found any new driver that works. If someone encountered this problem or has any idea on how to correct it, please share. Sorry for the off-topic)

• 3 weeks later...

if that alt+tab bug is still bothering you, you may as well just use an older synaptics driver, lordkag.

I havent updated the synaptics touchpad driver for several months now since I'm using a Dell-specific Synaptics driver on my mom's Dell Inspiron laptop. I was using v15.3.5.0 from R305723 but now I'm using v15.3.11.0 from R308750.

The inf files from R305723 & R308750 do mention *syn0002.

A version 16.1.3 driver has just been posted at Station-drivers. but this new one does not support *syn0002 and only supports certain Lenovo touchpad devices (and is not WHQL certified by MS).

Edited by erp-ster7n

Thanks erp-ster7n. Looks like I'm stuck with 15.3.17. Wanted the new drivers for the bugs they've fixed and also for the better scrolling they had. But with this alt+tab bug, plus no scrolling in notepad++, it's just not worth it. Also the new drivers don't even support my device (after a better look, i have a syn1B19 device). I can tweak the inf and install them by dpinst, but the problem is hidden inside the dlls, so no luck for me.

But here is a quick question. Having 15.3.17 installed, I noticed a new (possibly) bug. I can't seem to scroll if I click a video window, let say youtube. I have to switch to another tab, then all comes to normal. I think I saw this before, but I don't recall in what conditions. I suspect it is related to new flash 11.3.300.250, but not sure. Anyone seen any problems with that?

16.0.2.0 available from station-drivers: http://www.station-d...ion-drivers.com).exe

a Hewlett-Packard version of the Synaptics Touchpad 16.0.2.0 drivers is available in the sp56727.exe package (size 109Mb).

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp56501-57000/sp56727.html

and more recent Synaptics driver packages from HP:

sp56954, sp57109, sp57302 - version 16.0.5.1 - each of these packs are 109Mb in size

I've just found out that the Synaptics 16.1.3.0 drivers from Lenovo are for Win8 beta only (that's what Lenovo claims)

same with 16.0.4.0 that station-drivers had. info on the synaptics 16.0.4.0 drivers here.

yup lordkag, it's best to stick with the driver you have and not use the new ones from Lenovo or from other PC manufacturers, unless you can try out this latest Acer specific Synaptics drivers that I've found.

EDIT: Check this Mypcdrivers.com page. I've found the latest Acer specific Synaptics drivers on there that do support device ID no. SYN1B19. No modding the INF files. Try downloading and installing the drivers from the TouchPad_Synaptics_16.0.2.0_W7x64_A.zip file, which are v16.0.2.0 or try using the drivers from the TouchPad_Synaptics_15.3.41.5_W7x64_A.zip file, which are v15.3.41.5. Use its setup.exe program to install these drivers. I know these downloads are 100+ megabytes in size but it's worth getting the large package.

But here is a quick question. Having 15.3.17 installed, I noticed a new (possibly) bug. I can't seem to scroll if I click a video window, let say youtube. I have to switch to another tab, then all comes to normal. I think I saw this before, but I don't recall in what conditions. I suspect it is related to new flash 11.3.300.250, but not sure. Anyone seen any problems with that?

why are you using flash player 11.3.300.250? that's still in beta.

latest stable version of flash is 11.2.202.235. I suggest you wait for the final release of flash 11.3 to come out and upgrade to that one later.

in the meantime, go back to using stable flash player 11.2

Edited by erp-ster7n

• 2 weeks later...