• mobilenvidia

• stanny

• chiefwigms

• furtherforever

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

OK, then odd.

Grab this driver then 7.6.0.154 / 7.6.0.239

In the XP driver thread, this definitely has the ACU.

You can then just update the driver to a newer one and the ACU will stay.

ACU only works in XP NOT in Vista

OK, then odd.

Grab this driver then 7.6.0.154 / 7.6.0.239

In the XP driver thread, this definitely has the ACU.

You can then just update the driver to a newer one and the ACU will stay.

ACU only works in XP NOT in Vista

i don't see a 7.6.0.154 driver... and no dice on the 239 ones

i tried

http://files.laptopvideo2go.com/wlan/atheros_v7.6.0.239.exe -> all that has is the cat files.

http://files.laptopvideo2go.com/wlan/atheros_v7.6.1.150.exe -> has setup.exe, but no ACU gets installed/run (i reboot)

i'm pulling the files off

http://forums.laptopvideo2go.com/index....showtopic=14858

i'm on xp (if i didn't mention that)

-Pete

http://files.laptopvideo2go.com/wlan/ather..._v7.6.0.239.exe

Is a full driver for .154 (Vista) and 239 for XP.

Hopefully you will come back here full of joy :)

it worked! :) although the ACU disabled fast switching for user logon (athgina.dll) & put the old school logon on :P

Guest aalaptop

hi, I've got an atheros AR5008X in a dell xps m1210. It works fine with xp but with vista I get the parity errors constantly, except for these drivers, thanks heaps. But I do have issues with these drivers. v1.20 installs but I dont get any wireless devices in the network devices and I cant see any wifi networks. Restarting the computer does nothing. v1.17 works, yay, except after a while I get the same problem, restarting fixes it. This is so annoying I am thinking of going back to intel (nooooooo). Any help would be great, thanks!

Guest aalaptop
hi, I've got an atheros AR5008X in a dell xps m1210. It works fine with xp but with vista I get the parity errors constantly, except for these drivers, thanks heaps. But I do have issues with these drivers. v1.20 installs but I dont get any wireless devices in the network devices and I cant see any wifi networks. Restarting the computer does nothing. v1.17 works, yay, except after a while I get the same problem, restarting fixes it. This is so annoying I am thinking of going back to intel (nooooooo). Any help would be great, thanks!

just an update, had the same problem with the v1.19 as the v1.17. I am trying the v1.15 now, will leave it on overnight and see what happens in the morning

v1.20 was made using my AR5008x and AR928x cards both work as they should.

If you change and want to avoid Intel go Ralink, can't praise their chipsets high enough.

Guest aalaptop

well I've been using the v1.15 for about 10hrs with no problem, the longest I've used my atheros card on vista without a problem. Hopefully v1.15 has hit the nail on the head, thanks heaps for producing these drivers!

well I've been using the v1.15 for about 10hrs with no problem, the longest I've used my atheros card on vista without a problem. Hopefully v1.15 has hit the nail on the head, thanks heaps for producing these drivers!

Grab the INF from v1.15 and then replace the INF in a newer driver.

See how you go, there might be a setting in the INF that your setup doesn't like

Just put in my SparkLAN GN214 AR5008 based card and it works just fine with v7.6.1.162 and modded INF v1.20

Weird

The newest INF don't work with my AR928X. I'm on a Sony Vaio and always have problems updating this network card.

XP or Vista ?

Working dandy for me with Vista.

And yes Atheros driver are pain in the $#@$ to install, can sometimes take quite few goes.

tried to use the modded atheros_v7.6.1.162_v1.20 on my toshiba m305d-s4830 with AR5007EG but the update only showed the driver was for AR5006 and not the AR5007EG, so i was wondering if you could add my card to the list.

I'll rename it 5006/7EG as they share the same PCI_ID and have same functionality (may differ in Radio chips)

I'll rename it 5006/7EG as they share the same PCI_ID and have same functionality (may differ in Radio chips)

How much of your mods are applicable to the 5007EG since you state that most of your work is on 5008 or newer boards? ie. Are 5007EG owners better off with official drivers, or with yours?

All the settings are the same for all Chipsets.

Including the 11n settings which ofcourse the 5007 and below don't do.

Drivers worked with a 5005 chipset in an Acer so should work for your 5007

Luckily I keep both modded and unmodded drivers here :)

Hello,

First off, I would like to thank you for providing the drivers for the Atheros chipset, now on to my problem. I haven't been able to successfully use any of your drivers except the atheros_v7.3.1.109_v1.15. The only other one I could get to install was the atheros_v7.6.1.170_v1.21 and it crashes my system instantly with the old NMI error. The 109 works but as you know you have to do the whole antenna a/b switching to use it. I'm using the Gigabyte WI06N, any ideas on how to get the new drivers to work? :)

Edited by Dr. Phil

I have the same card and the drivers work for me, but only tried it on the Sparklan 124N (same as Gigabyte)

As soon as I get a chance must do some testing with these cards.

I still have the Gigabyte as well.

Dr Phil, privileged to have helped, keep up your great TV work :)

tried this one

v7.6.1.162 with modded INF v1.20 for both Vista x86 and x64

Should work for ALL Atheros Chipset versions

and windows says that my 7.6.0.114 are up to date..

vista x64 here.

any one knows if the AR928X works with draft 2.0 (5ghz band)??

The SparkLAN W110N does

It looks like you let Windows Automatically update the drivers (why it didn't update)

You need to 'Update' the drivers to a newer one (or older one if your going back)

Guest Guest Korps

no, i chose the folder manually the folder where the drivers are, and it keeps saying that they are up to date.

if thats not the process what do i have to do to manually update them?

i have the AR928X but it doesnt see my 5ghz wireless N network what can i do to see it?