LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Latest Atheros modded Driver for Windows 7, Vista and WinXP

mobilenvidia

Is there a Dell 1510 (the Broadcom version) in a 1/2 height card.

Broadcom and Dell go hand in hand.

Not really had any issues with my AR5008X based card.

Now using the AR9280 with no issues either.

• Replies 610
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mobilenvidia

• stanny

• chiefwigms

• furtherforever

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Why is the AR928X modded drivers "1.27" are 1.26 on the download link ?? Could someone provide me a link to the 1.27 please ?

Thank you

Please post the windows 7 v:2.0.0.72 INF:1.27 version the link is 1.26; I'd like to try the Multi-wifi thing :)

Thanks for your work :)

fixed

Guest Matt

I installed it and restarted; is there anything else that needs to be done for things to work? (regarding connecting to multiple networks simultaneously) Thanks :) Also, I am using an AR5008 card if that matters?

I installed it and restarted; is there anything else that needs to be done for things to work? (regarding connecting to multiple networks simultaneously) Thanks :) Also, I am using an AR5008 card if that matters?

I've not used the Virtual WLAN yet, only enabled the ability to do so.

Guest Matt

I tried installing the 7.7.0.319 with v1.27; (with win 7: 7100 build) I keep getting errors about it being unsigned, even after restarting, windows will not load the driver... any advice?

Guest Guest

Hi,

I have an old 3Com 3CRDAG675 which I'd like to use in Win 7 64bit. 3Com doesn't have drivers, I don't know which chipset it is (I think AR5001X). I tried using the drivers on this site (.339 1.27), but they don't work (no digital signature, error 59). Also, there are two .inf files in the drivers... athr and athx. What's the difference between the two? I'm no idiot, but I don't know what it is. Maybe a small readme file added to the drivers with some explanation would help?

Thanks for any replies, and of course many thanks for providing all the help and your time which resulted in the drivers.

Guest Guest

hmmm I disabled the driver signing check, but now I get an error code 10, so I guess the drivers still won't work with my card.

Windows sucks, for making it so difficult to disable the driver signing... I just rebooted everytime with F8 and I disabled the driver signing enforcement.

I'm still looking for a permanent fix.

I did get the card to work in Vista RC1 a few years ago, but with a hack of some kind.. I can't remember.. but I'm not sure if that was 32 or 64 bit.

PS I'm the guy with the 3CRDAG675

Hey, I'm new on this site and this is my first post. I've been having a problem with my Atheros card atheros5416(ar5008).

I set router running at channel 13 of 802.11g and after rebot I lost my connection.because my atheros5416(ar5008) only supports channel 1-11. how can I set the channel 13 back to 6 ? can I use a router to relay the signal and connect with netting twine ?

PS:

I can't download v7.7.0.259 with modded INF v1.26 Driver form (files.laptopvideo2go.com/wlan/atheros_v7.7.0.259_v1.26.exe).Is the link broken? I get a 404 error with IE6 all the time.

can you send me a copy to wangyuicq@gmail.com?

thx a lot ^_^

Make sure you have no 3rd party app in your browser that plays with links.

The driver link works fine here.

Or try right click 'save link as' to get it.

Please could somebody help me I am running a qosmio laptop with XP running, I have a Belkin N1 router and ive just fitted a new wireless mini pci card into the laptop .This is the one

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ATHEROS-AR5008-WIREL...%3A1%7C294%3A50

I have installed several of your drivers onto the pc currently v1.24 however no matter what I do I cant get more than 54 Mbps, Im a noob to this so presume Im doing something wrong. I have installed a third antenna as there was already 2 on my old card. Anybody :)

Hi everybody. First post here. I have a small problem here with Windows 7 (7100) 32 bit and ar5007EG (as displayed by native windows driver but older modded drivers report it as 5006X or some other names :) )

The latest modded driver (2.0.0.72 and 7.0.0.319) won't install. Both complain of missing lines in inf. Older drivers work ok.

Greetings and Great Work !!

Edited by mat9v

Please could somebody help me I am running a qosmio laptop with XP running, I have a Belkin N1 router and ive just fitted a new wireless mini pci card into the laptop .This is the one

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ATHEROS-AR5008-WIREL...%3A1%7C294%3A50

I have installed several of your drivers onto the pc currently v1.24 however no matter what I do I cant get more than 54 Mbps, Im a noob to this so presume Im doing something wrong. I have installed a third antenna as there was already 2 on my old card. Anybody :)

Forget this problem ,Ive just noticed another post by Churchwa who fixed his similar problem by setting his encription to WPA2 . It worked, now the only niggle I have is that the range goes to Very Low at a distance of 15-20m away from the Router all on the same level open plan, is this normal?

Hi everybody. First post here. I have a small problem here with Windows 7 (7100) 32 bit and ar5007EG (as displayed by native windows driver but older modded drivers report it as 5006X or some other names :) )

The latest modded driver (2.0.0.72 and 7.0.0.319) won't install. Both complain of missing lines in inf. Older drivers work ok.

Greetings and Great Work !!

I get the same missing line errors. AR928x Widnows 7 x86 (7100)

Added 8.0.0.144

Fixed 32bit OS error in v1.27 (now v1.28)

Enjoy

Guest Guest
Added 8.0.0.144

Fixed 32bit OS error in v1.27 (now v1.28)

Enjoy

Thanks nvidia! Works like a charm! I'll test it a bit more and get back to you, but the receiving power still seems to be low as before...

Maybe the driver still has problems? I can't understand why Dell would use such a sub-par wireless card after the triple receiiver in the XPS M1330.

Added v2.0.0.73

Guest Guest

Hiya,

The latest INFs for Windows 7 x64 are not working. I keep getting an error saying that the driver is either corrupted or unsigned (the latter of which is true of course!). I'm using the Dell 1515 (Atheros 5009 Half mini) in a Dell Studio XPS 13. Is there a fix for this yet?

Hi!

Newbie here. Anyone please help.

Have lenovo 3000 n100 and saw your .inf file mod for nVIDIA ForceWare X 174.31 for Windows XP 64bit.

Can anyone tell me where the 32 bit driver and .inf file is please. This is becomming a mare.

or

Tell me how to solve the problem described here. http://forums.lenovo.com/lnv/board/message...;thread.id=1191

Will love you forever.

Hi!

Newbie here. Anyone please help.

Have lenovo 3000 n100 and saw your .inf file mod for nVIDIA ForceWare X 174.31 for Windows XP 64bit.

Can anyone tell me where the 32 bit driver and .inf file is please. This is becomming a mare.

or

Tell me how to solve the problem described here. http://forums.lenovo.com/lnv/board/message...;thread.id=1191

Will love you forever.

Not sure why you post this in the WLAN section, you'll not find many Video drivers here :)

http://forums.laptopvideo2go.com/index.php?showforum=89

Has all the 174.xx drivers, I'm sure you'll find what you are looking for there.

mobilenvidia, I've been doing some research about this problem and a few guys have posted over on the Dell Support forums that the best driver to have worked as a solution to the Atheros 5009 problem was listed as "v7.6.1.204 with modded INF v1.24 for both Vista x86 and x64". This is no longer avaiilable on the list in the OP however. Can you please re-upload it and post it here once again so I can test this out?

Regards.

mobilenvidia, I've been doing some research about this problem and a few guys have posted over on the Dell Support forums that the best driver to have worked as a solution to the Atheros 5009 problem was listed as "v7.6.1.204 with modded INF v1.24 for both Vista x86 and x64". This is no longer avaiilable on the list in the OP however. Can you please re-upload it and post it here once again so I can test this out?

Regards.

v1.23

v1.24

v1.25

v1.26

How's that :)